Who will be the teams Honey Badger? | Syracusefan.com

Who will be the teams Honey Badger?

cusetown1

Taxi Squad
When the going gets tough and we need a big play, who is not going to give a **** and take control? I think Brandon Triche.

Its going to be Scoop until someone else shows him that they can do it. I'd love to see Dion, Brandon or Kris become that sort of player. I think all three are capable but each has their own hurdles to leap to get there.

Its going to be Scoop until someone else shows him that they can do it. I'd love to see Dion, Brandon or Kris become that sort of player. I think all three are capable but each has their own hurdles to leap to get there.
If Kris is that guy, this team will be unbelievable. I really hope he will be that guy.

If Kris is that guy, this team will be unbelievable. I really hope he will be that guy.

I agree that would be ideal, but the health of his knee's is a question and he needs to be able to blend his shooting and riving game. If he has a mid ranged pull up he would be extremely hard to guard.
I may have to be Brandon or Dion.

I agree that would be ideal, but the health of his knee's is a question and he needs to be able to blend his shooting and riving game. If he has a mid ranged pull up he would be extremely hard to guard.
I may have to be Brandon or Dion.
His knees will be fine, he will have a very good year. The only question remains, can he be the honey badger? We will soon find out.

Brandon might be the one to take the shot, but only if he is set up. Same for Kris.
Haven't seen either one show the ability to just "take control", beat a tough defender, and make his own shot off the dribble.

If we are expecting one guy to be "the guy" in the clutch (ala Kemba Walker), we could be disappointed. This team has to win with balance and depth.

There is no definite awnser.

Someone could click midseason
or
Whever the mismatch is. Our chemistry is going to be great if Fab keeps up 65% of what he gave us last game Rak/Fair give us some at the four and Kris gets back to where he was last season health wise.

Kris Joseph is our wheres waldo right now but that is going to change as the season goes along.

I think that Fab is the key to this teams success not in the sense that he needs to be that go to guy but if we get a solid performance every game from him it'll make everyones job so much easier and we may not even need that "guy" to win it all. By Fab being good scoop will have another passing option inside so he will probably not try to be that guy more often, it will help take the burden off Kris allowing him to to not have to worry about it as much and play with more confidence. Everyone's job will become easier with a solid consistent Fab.

His knees will be fine, he will have a very good year. The only question remains, can he be the honey badger? We will soon find out.

I hope your right about his kees. If he's healthy I have no doubt he will have avery good season.

I think CJ with a jumper will be a very effective weapon this year. I think he will be very good this year but next year he will become what we thought KJ would be.

There is no definite awnser.

Someone could click midseason
or
Whever the mismatch is. Our chemistry is going to be great if Fab keeps up 65% of what he gave us last game Rak/Fair give us some at the four and Kris gets back to where he was last season health wise.

Kris Joseph is our wheres waldo right now but that is going to change as the season goes along.

he wasn't healthy last year so I hope not

Well if anyone on the team could take a bite from a poisonous Viper, sleep it off, and then eat the Viper it would be Dion. So I'm going to go with Dion.

When the going gets tough and we need a big play, who is not going to give a **** and take control? I think Brandon Triche.
Honestly, if anyone answers other than Scoop, I think they are just wishful thinking or havent followed along enough in the last 4+ years. Right or wrong, if we need a bucket, the guy who is going to try and take it is Scoop.

Honestly, if anyone answers other than Scoop, I think they are just wishful thinking or havent followed along enough in the last 4+ years. Right or wrong, if we need a bucket, the guy who is going to try and take it is Scoop.

Probably correct and at least last year it was why Sweet 16 was the absolute ceiling for that team (and of course they didn't even get that far). I have the feeling that a Sweet 16 is the max this team can achieve as well because of the same reason, but willing to hold judgement until we see Scoop's decision making as a 5th year Sr.

Agree... Scoop wants to be the star, some of you say "he was only taking shots at the end of the game because nobody else wanted to." While I think that is partially true, the other half is Scoop wants the spotlight, unfortunately I don't think he has the skillset to be effective in that roll...

Hopefully someone else steps up.

I'm not convinced Triche has that attitude to try to take over the game or make the big play. I think he has the skill set but I think he is still 3rd or 4th in the pecking order of things. I think KJO might be the best threat as long as it isn't a 3. Scoop tends to fold under pressure situations so it will be interesting. Dion has the attitude but I think he lacked the maturity last year. All this may have changed and is soley based from last years play.

Maybe it will be like 2 years ago where we didnt have a go to guy but we didnt need one either cause we blew everybody out. Of course that came back to bite us in the arse against butler when nobody stepped up the last 5 minutes.

But to answer the question, its gonna be scoop unless kjo demands the ball. Triche doesnt have the right mentality to be "the man" and dion is too inexperienced. Although that didnt stop him from taking over the 2nd half against marquette.

It's goping to be Scoop, for better or worse. Let's hope for better.

Scoop will "try" of course, but Brandon I think can do it. BTW I haven't missed a syracuse game in 20 years. I follow along close enough. Wishful to.

Scoop will "try" of course, but Brandon I think can do it. BTW I haven't missed a syracuse game in 20 years. I follow along close enough. Wishful to.
Thats the problem though. When you are in must make situation you only really get 1 shot. And if Scoop takes it, which he will, then it doesnt really matter if anyone else is capable of doing so. Like it or not (which I dont necessarily), this team will live and die by what Scoop does this year.

Honestly I think people make too much of the "go to guy" stuff. Even in 2003 (especially in the tourney), while Melo was our best player there were other guys that stepped up and hit big shots in crucial moments. It wasnt always a Melo isolation play that won us games. Hell, Gmac nearly stoned Kansas by himself.

If we win the national championship the whole thing will be a moot point, and we will talk about how great a "team" this was (2010 would have been a similar convo). If we lose, whoever took the last decisive shot will be the goat and it will be Scoop or KJO or Triche just werent the guy we needed them to be.

It's goping to be Scoop, for better or worse. Let's hope for better.
Right. Its not like Scoop didnt make big shots last year for us. But that first 5 minutes of the second half the other night tells me (at least) who the leader is.

this is the year Scoop completes those bullet passes from 5 feet away to BMK for the slam. So I am going with BMK!

I like Triche, seems like a good kid and a solid ball player. That said he's the anti go to guy. Despite his size and athleticism, he isn't all that great at breaking people down off the dribble, and he's an inconsistent shooter at best.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laxmom2317

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom