whose ready for the festive fixtures in EPL? | Syracusefan.com

whose ready for the festive fixtures in EPL?

IHeartSUFball

All Conference
Lots of matches, the english media likes blowing it up as make or break for contenders, but it is always intriguing.

Spurs fans aren't. They think they are but they aren't.

Meanwhile the silly season is soon upon us. Who will be the big spenders in the transfer market? Arsenal will likely be looking for another striker as will Chelsea. Liverpool will be after midfielders and possibly a striker. United will be after everything sans keeper, curious if they now wished they had gotten rid of Rooney to clear his massive wages?

I'm hoping we make a move for a certain young, German national among others.

don't think my chelsea are buying a striker, Mourinho has said a few times that they won't. As much as I would like a new one, i'm pretty sure they going to play out year and have Lukaku be the No. 1 next season. We are still good enough to win the BPL, champions lge. tho yet to be determined.

don't think my chelsea are buying a striker, Mourinho has said a few times that they won't. As much as I would like a new one, i'm pretty sure they going to play out year and have Lukaku be the No. 1 next season. We are still good enough to win the BPL, champions lge. tho yet to be determined.

Mourinho keeps getting in p*ssing matches with Lukaku in the media. I'm not sure he'll do anything but be loaned out until Mourinho is done coaching there which could be in a few months given Chelsea's recent track record.

For that reason I think Chelsea will be after a new striker. All the talk of Ba, Torres, and Eto being good enough in the papers is just smoke screen. Abromovich will want better.

Arsenal need to beef up the CB spot. Their CB pairing is among the best but little depth behind them. If I was Wenger i'd go for a DM/CB type.

And of course now we can see how Mourinho rotates his squad with that attacking depth.

My way too early transfer prediction is Rooney to Chelsea. Chelsea need someone for all those attacking mids to feed and Man U needs away from his 250k per week wages.

Ozil to Walcott to tie it at 1-1. Get used to that combination now that Wally is healthy.

I say Arsenal have little CB depth and naturally Koscielny goes off injured. Down 2-1. Let's see what the Gunners are made of.

City are as much a beast at home as they are pathetic on the road. This is a truly perplexing yearly occurance.

I feel like Arsenal, City, and Chelsea have separated themselves as the title contenders. Spurs and Liverpool are close behind. Then probably Everton and maybe Man U if they ever get their together. RVP out for a month things are looking bleak at Old Trafford.

We looked rather slow today, would have liked to savage more than a draw against Southampton

My way too early transfer prediction is Rooney to Chelsea. Chelsea need someone for all those attacking mids to feed and Man U needs away from his 250k per week wages.
Not with RvP hurt.

roman knew what he was doing tossing him to the curb... just look what happened the rest of chelsea season that year once he was gone.

Lots of matches, the english media likes blowing it up as make or break for contenders, but it is always intriguing.

Chelsea to beat Arsenal for first place this weekend. Man City looks the most well balanced, and has the deepest squad. Chelsea need another central defender, they ought to try Luiz as the holding midfielder like Benitez did and not simply sell him. They obviously need a top drawer striker. Lukaku will be good next year. Torres can stay in the team, but they need someone to truly lead the line.

Use Torres as the Cup Matches and 2nd guy, and use Lukaku in the last 20 minutes of games, to run over tired defenders. I think they were right to pass on Hulk at that price last year. I think Cavani would have been a good choice at about 35M and I think that Radamel Falcao would be great, too, but not at too high a price.

I love Cech in goal, but would give Courtois the shot next summer to beat him out and make Jose make the tough call. I think they will sell Mata this summer. Mourinho is right that you can't play him and Hazard and Oscar; there's too little tracking back and winning back of the ball, and not enough athleticism. It kills me to say it, but sell Mata while he has a high value. Luka Modric has been ruined by this kind of stuff. I hope Mata is moved this summer to a Spanish or Italian team, and he will do great. But get 35-40M for him.

If you won't try Luiz at midfield (where he was good), then you have to move him too this summer. You can get maybe 40M for him, if there is a bidding war among PSG, Barca, and Bayern. Then you try to buy Paul Pogba from Italy.

Shouldn't sell DeBruyne too soon. He's got promise. But if you can get Draxler for him + 10M, that's an upgrade, and Draxler is somewhat more physical, and more to Mourinho's liking.

Terry only has another year, tops. He's starting to slip right now. Needs rest. Mangalia and Matic are the two guys they are talking about as replacements. Gotta have somebody. In the summer they will want a right back, too, like maybe Coentrao, who would be a great addition. Lots of player movement coming by the summer. We'll see what pieces they can add in January.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom