Why a Duck? | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Why a Duck?

And to think it's at Oregon of all places. When's the last time they won a National Championship? It's not like they are football royalty. They're just Oregon.

Ism
I don't see the comparison.

Imagine what the 15 million used for a state of the art basketball practice facility could have done for SU academics.

I mean, the Melo Center is used to recruit teenagers right?

Ism

Imagine what the 15 million used for a state of the art basketball practice facility could have done for SU academics.

I mean, the Melo Center is used to recruit teenagers right?

Does it have Italian marble? Brazilian wood? Do the locker rooms smell? Does a sign say "Eat Your Enemies"?

Does it have it's own weight room, which is half the size of a football field?

Is the Melo Center designed as a place where players will spend all their time and not have to interact with the rest of the student body? Or is it just a practice facility?

Does it have Italian marble? Brazilian wood? Do the locker rooms smell? Does a sign say "Eat Your Enemies"?

Does it have it's own weight room, which is half the size of a football field?

Is the Melo Center designed as a place where players will spend all their time and not have to interact with the rest of the student body? Or is it just a practice facility?

It's the same exact concept, only on a larger scale, on not Syracuse.

It's the same exact concept, only on a larger scale, on not Syracuse.

Phil Knight's house is the same exact concept as yours, only on a larger scale.

And there's a significant difference. Oregon's facility seems to be a world in itself, one where the players are supposed to spend all their time, which underscores that winning football games is their purpose at the University. The Melo Center is a convenient training facility but I don't get the impression it's designed to isolate the players from the rest of the student body.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
granthath9

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom