Why a Duck? | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Why a Duck?

And to think it's at Oregon of all places. When's the last time they won a National Championship? It's not like they are football royalty. They're just Oregon.

Ism
I don't see the comparison.

Imagine what the 15 million used for a state of the art basketball practice facility could have done for SU academics.

I mean, the Melo Center is used to recruit teenagers right?

Ism

Imagine what the 15 million used for a state of the art basketball practice facility could have done for SU academics.

I mean, the Melo Center is used to recruit teenagers right?

Does it have Italian marble? Brazilian wood? Do the locker rooms smell? Does a sign say "Eat Your Enemies"?

Does it have it's own weight room, which is half the size of a football field?

Is the Melo Center designed as a place where players will spend all their time and not have to interact with the rest of the student body? Or is it just a practice facility?

Does it have Italian marble? Brazilian wood? Do the locker rooms smell? Does a sign say "Eat Your Enemies"?

Does it have it's own weight room, which is half the size of a football field?

Is the Melo Center designed as a place where players will spend all their time and not have to interact with the rest of the student body? Or is it just a practice facility?

It's the same exact concept, only on a larger scale, on not Syracuse.

It's the same exact concept, only on a larger scale, on not Syracuse.

Phil Knight's house is the same exact concept as yours, only on a larger scale.

And there's a significant difference. Oregon's facility seems to be a world in itself, one where the players are supposed to spend all their time, which underscores that winning football games is their purpose at the University. The Melo Center is a convenient training facility but I don't get the impression it's designed to isolate the players from the rest of the student body.