Why can't Moyer stay? | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

Why can't Moyer stay?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I heard he returned to Syracuse on the Concorde shortly after meeting with Weber and then headed straight to the library to study.

No, I'm being serious. Won't it hurt our APR if he bails on this semester? All I'm looking for is a little assurance that despite leaving SU he's doing the right thing. Is that too much to ask?

What did he do to go against the family?
I don't want to rehash all that negativity. I really feel like MM could be a great player in the style of Dennis Rodman. Hope it happens for him at KSU or someplace else.

No, I'm being serious. Won't it hurt our APR if he bails on this semester? All I'm looking for is a little assurance that despite leaving SU he's doing the right thing. Is that too much to ask?
Quite seriously, I've never thought there was any possibility that Moyer would bail on the semester this late in the game, given how he and his family value education.

I think he just has controlling parents that want their son treated like a prize.

Wish the best to Moyer. He was good at rebounding and dunking. Not irreplaceable, shame to see a good kid leave though.

Quite seriously, I've never thought there was any possibility that Moyer would bail on the semester this late in the game, given how he and his family value education.

I hope you are right.

I don't want to rehash all that negativity. I really feel like MM could be a great player in the style of Dennis Rodman. Hope it happens for him at KSU or someplace else.

There's nothing to rehash, he didn't do anything wrong to get the treatment he's gotten outside of out of control expectations that weren't even possible for him

I think he just has controlling parents that want their son treated like a prize.

Wish the best to Moyer. He was good at rebounding and dunking. Not irreplaceable, shame to see a good kid leave though.

After reading your first sentence I'm quite confident you aren't a parent yet. All parents want their sons treated like a prize. That's the G-D job!

The best test for a persons' basketball knowledge is to see if they ever compare random player to Dennis Rodman.
I could even see him being an envoy to a hostile foreign power at some point.

What's amazing is the same people saying he is awful now were saying how great he is and hammering the people who said he needs a lot of work and time before this season.

My opinion of his skills hasn't changed, I just feel bad for him now because of how fast this program and it's fans turned on him. Still can't believe the garbage I read about him and his parents.

May be people should temper their expectations on these kids so they don't get so disappointed to the point they just destroy these kids on the internet.

It's the same thing that will probably happen with Golden now. Everyone is so invested in locking him up and building him up in their heads because they watched some youtube highlights and will now be disappointed when he averages 3 pts and 4 boards next year.

After reading your first sentence I'm quite confident you aren't a parent yet. All parents want their sons treated like a prize. That's the G-D job!
Im trying to say I think this is more the parents decision than Moyers. I could be wrong obviously but thats the feeling im getting.

If I was transferring my second year in college and was an A student, it’d be my own decision.

Man I’d take that in 2019 in a second.

It's also what Moyer averaged this year as a freshman if ya round 3.4 up to 4.

Sold.

Agree, but for some reason Moyer averaging that as a freshman meant that he isn't an ACC caliber player and a huge disappointment. This place is so bi-polar. If a freshman exceeds expectations and leaves then its all about he's an idiot and going to be riding buses in the G League. If they have an average major conference freshman season like Moyer did then they aren't good enough to play here. And then after they do leave, the cycle starts all over again since we become desperately in need of more bodies and those guys are usually the leftovers and will then probably become the next disappointment.

Agree, but for some reason Moyer averaging that as a freshman meant that he isn't an ACC caliber player and a huge disappointment. This place is so bi-polar. If a freshman exceeds expectations and leaves then its all about he's an idiot and going to be riding buses in the G League. If they have an average major conference freshman season like Moyer did then they aren't good enough to play here. And then after they do leave, the cycle starts all over again since we become desperately in need of more bodies and those guys are usually the leftovers and will then probably become the next disappointment.

Some of it is because he’s a RS freshman, but yeah expectations should have been tempered for this kid from the start.

Im trying to say I think this is more the parents decision than Moyers. I could be wrong obviously but thats the feeling im getting.

If I was transferring my second year in college and was an A student, it’d be my own decision.

It may well be, but we have no idea. I watched his body language on the bench and it was not good. I tend to think given the quick nature of the announcement it was his decision. Parents aren't usually that quick to act. We mull things over for a long time.

Some of it is because he’s a RS freshman, but yeah expectations should have been tempered for this kid from the start.

Having kids like this leave is having a significant impact on our teams of late. We are not seeing too many guys make it through 4 years and develop along the way. Sure there are a few examples but there isn't enough of them. Those are the kinds of guys that end up being vitally important to real good college teams. 3 and 3 as a fresh becomes 5 and 4 as a soph and then 8 and 6 and then by the time they are a senior it could be 12 and 7 while providing a ton of leadership to the next batch of kids. There's so much value in that. Sure there are Tyler Robersons who hit a brick wall or have their confidence destroyed and never really improve but he was still an 8 and 7 guy as a soph and 9 and 8 as a jr which is pretty darn valuable as a 4th option.

Having kids like this leave is having a significant impact on our teams of late. We are not seeing too many guys make it through 4 years and develop along the way. Sure there are a few examples but there isn't enough of them. Those are the kinds of guys that end up being vitally important to real good college teams. 3 and 3 as a fresh becomes 5 and 4 as a soph and then 8 and 6 and then by the time they are a senior it could be 12 and 7 while providing a ton of leadership to the next batch of kids. There's so much value in that. Sure there are Tyler Robersons who hit a brick wall or have their confidence destroyed and never really improve but he was still an 8 and 7 guy as a soph and 9 and 8 as a jr which is pretty darn valuable as a 4th option.

I agree. You still need program guys and depth.

You watched Dennis Rodman on the Pistons as well right?
He was only the NBA defensive player of the year with the Pistons and could defend any player.
I liked Moyer as a depth player but Rodman wasn’t just rebound chaser that he was with the Bulls.
His Bulls days were his post prime days.

He was only the NBA defensive player of the year with the Pistons and could defend any player.
I liked Moyer as a depth player but Rodman wasn’t just rebound chaser that he was with the Bulls.

His YouTube highlight reel is unbelievable.

His attitude and energy as well as his production. I felt like Moyer couldn't really play the kind of defense or offense he is capable of with his sprained ankle.

I'm still holding out hope that there could be a change of heart and MM comes back. Orange haven't signed anybody and he hasn't signed anywhere, so there is still a chance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom