Why did he pass it? | Syracusefan.com

Why did he pass it?

SWC75

Bored Historian
I can't believe the Kansas player, driving to the basket with a chance to at least bounce it off the glass in a 2 point game, passed it back out for a three. MCW made that shot all night last night.

I can't believe the Kansas player, driving to the basket with a chance to at least bounce it off the glass in a 2 point game, passed it back out for a three. MCW made that shot all night last night.

Do we have a JV board?

Clearly you want a desperation three in that situation. Have you ever even watched basketball before SWC?

:)

No idea. Weird play - he had no intention of taking that layup, even w/out a defender he was always looking for that pass (at least it looked that way).

Do we have a JV board?

Clearly you want a desperation three in that situation. Have you ever even watched basketball before SWC?

:)

No idea. Weird play - he had no intention of taking that layup, even w/out a defender he was always looking for that pass (at least it looked that way).

Looked that way to me too. You gotta have a set to want the last shot. Apparently he doesn't have a set.

Yeah, seemed like his mind was so set on passing that he brain farted.

it was certainly going to be contested, and maybe blocked, but you have to take it in at that point and if nothing else look to draw contact

Fear! He should have shot a floater Withey would have been in good offensive rebounding position if he missed

Because I had Kansas -1.5 and Kansas hates me. Needed more OT.

Fear! He should have shot a floater Withey would have been in good offensive rebounding position if he missed
Withey had an open lane to receive a pass as he was crashing towards the basket. That would have been the play.

No real attempt to get the ball to McLemore either. 8 seconds left is plenty of time to get the ball to your best player, who can get his shot off at any time and has deep range.

Either he did not know the score or he was lost in the big moment. I was rooting a bit for Michigan as I thought that low blow should have resulted in the KU player being ejected...I usually root for whomever Cuse would be more likely to beat.

Withey had an open lane to receive a pass as he was crashing towards the basket. That would have been the play.

I don't think there was a passing lane for that if he shoots at can turn into 2 shots to get one

When I watched the replay, the Michigan defender closed very fast on the outside shooter. I think it was the set play. They were going for the win. Make them think layup and kick it out to the guy open for the 3. But it didn't work out the way it was planned.

Bill Self does less with great talent than anyone. Poor in-game.

Honestly he had a terrible angle. It reminded me of the end of the KSU-LaSalle game, if he takes that shot, there is almost no chance he hits, just too much of an awkward angle

McLemore is a potential top 3 big with the ability to put the ball on the floor and go to the hole or pull up for a jumper if the drive isn't there and yet he was no where near that play. I don't get it!

No way he could've hit a shot from that angle and at that speed.

Bill Self does less with great talent than anyone. Poor in-game.
Uh, I don't know. Roy Williams could give him a run for his money in that department and it's ironic that the 2 programs are tied together on account of Roy having been the Kansas coach at one time.

Uh, I don't know. Roy Williams could give him a run for his money in that department and it's ironic that the 2 programs are tied together on account of Roy having been the Kansas coach at one time.

Both have a national title and multiple Final Fours.

Honestly he had a terrible angle. It reminded me of the end of the KSU-LaSalle game, if he takes that shot, there is almost no chance he hits, just too much of an awkward angle

I think he created that angle though because he had ZERO interest in going to the rim.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom