Why didn't we offer Huerter for 2017 | Syracusefan.com

Why didn't we offer Huerter for 2017

This kid is a good player. He shoots well and plays smart. We definitely would have been better this year with him in my opinion.

We did. But - he wanted to play this year, so he took his next best offer, which was MD.

If he'd waited a few weeks, we woulda found out that we actually did have a scholly for him, but that ship has sailed.

Whatever, our recruiting has been less than impressive the last few years. We are getting killed on the recruiting trail. I live in albany and how Huerters dad who played at siena. Sad, he didn't go to the cuse. We could use guys like this. Size, smarts, pedigree. But, apparently, we dont care about that. We are lost in recruiting the last 3-5 years.

That's on the staff either totally misreading Thomas Bryant or intentionally keeping a scholarship free for this season for some reason.

Whatever, our recruiting has been less than impressive the last few years. We are getting killed on the recruiting trail. I live in albany and how Huerters dad who played at siena. Sad, he didn't go to the cuse. We could use guys like this. Size, smarts, pedigree. But, apparently, we dont care about that. We are lost in recruiting the last 3-5 years.

Yeah - Mali, Lydon, Battle, and TT all blow. Less than impressive.
Total misses, the lot of them.

That's on the staff either totally misreading Thomas Bryant or intentionally keeping a scholarship free for this season for some reason.

Ayala, 5th year grad transfer PG stud, 5th year grad transfer SF stud, AND the foreign guy! Let's go!

You are right;) as a group they are at least very good. Nothing top 50 there.

Terrible post. Our recruiting has been pretty good over the last 5 years. Lots of guys rated higher than Huerter. People are overly down right now because Qade chose Kentucky. I definitely wouldn't consider Huerter not coming to SU as sad.

Terrible post. Our recruiting has been pretty good over the last 5 years. Lots of guys rated higher than Huerter. People are overly down right now because Qade chose Kentucky. I definitely wouldn't consider Huerter not coming to SU as sad.

Chinoso, Patterson, BJ, Howard, and Kaleb all should've been on the roster this year and they all were told to take a hike or in Howard's case be told to take a hike.

I don't know if we've ever had that many HUGE misses in such a short period of time.

Right now we have no point guard next year, no small forward and will either rely on a bad center and a freshman.

Recruiting has not been good compared to what we used to do before.

I'd say inconsistent.

This year was good, ESP if you count the grad transfers.

2015 was mixed, with Mali and Lydon but also Frank Howard who lets be honest is probably done here, and the guy who never made it to campus.

2014 was a bust.

2013 was also pretty disapointing. A five man class that produced one good college player who left after one year.

They are decent, not top 30 recruits. Well, after what you have seen the last 3 years, are you happy? Last year's f4 fun was perfect breaks our way and. Yes, we took full advantage. The

This kid is a good player. He shoots well and plays smart. We definitely would have been better this year with him in my opinion.

Battle committed so we wanted Huerter for the following season.

Huh? Battle and Malachi were top 50 and Lydon clearly should've been as he was easily a top 50 freshman last year. Probably a top 15-20 freshman in terms of performance.

Top 50 isnt too impressive when you strive to be a top 10 or 20 program. 1 or 2 players make the difference. Why are we being out recruited by UW? A fired coach.

Top 50 isnt too impressive when you strive to be a top 10 or 20 program. 1 or 2 players make the difference. Why are we being out recruited by UW? A fired coach.

Being out recruited by Lorenzo Romar is not a recent development.

We won more games with lesser rated recruits from 2009 to 2013 outside of about 3 guys.

Ayala, 5th year grad transfer PG stud, 5th year grad transfer SF stud, AND the foreign guy! Let's go!

Grad transfer PG? Screw that... I want Waters

Don't care about higher rated guys. Its about recruiting winning players. Our recruiting of guys that look good getting off the bus, has gotten us where?

I can tell you this...Malachi, Battle, and Lydon certainly haven't been the problem. They are every bit on par with the best recruits we got in our great 2009-2014 run. The problem is the numerous other guys that didn't pan out from our previous few classes.

Washington won 9(I think?) games this year. You jealous of them?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom