Why Dino Babers Has a Great Job | Syracusefan.com

Why Dino Babers Has a Great Job

OrangePA

Hall of Fame
The Nebraska AD is fired after a few games because the Cornhuskers are having a mediocre season. And, the Nebraska HC will be fired after three years - when the 2017 season ends.

The Florida HC is now getting death threats in his third year because the Gators are not national championship contenders.

The Tennessee HC is clearly gone at the end of this season, his fifth year, because the Vols are not national championship contenders.

Syracuse University does not pay SEC money, but it generally gives its coaches a decent chance to succeed - Shafer I guess being the exception to the rule.

Dino will not make Nick Saban money but he will be given a chance to be HC at Syracuse University for the rest of his career even if he does not win the National Championship or even the ACC Title.

He will end up making a lot more money and will have a far more fulfilling life if he stays in CNY - he will become a community leader and a legendary figure.

Jim Boeheim affords a very valuable lesson.

The Nebraska AD is fired after a few games because the Cornhuskers are having a mediocre season. And, the Nebraska HC will be fired after three years - when the 2017 season ends.

The Florida HC is now getting death threats in his third year because the Gators are not national championship contenders.

The Tennessee HC is clearly gone at the end of this season, his fifth year, because the Vols are not national championship contenders.

Syracuse University does not pay SEC money, but it generally gives its coaches a decent chance to succeed - Shafer I guess being the exception to the rule.

Dino will not make Nick Saban money but he will be given a chance to be HC at Syracuse University for the rest of his career even if he does not win the National Championship or even the ACC Title.

He will end up making a lot more money and will have a far more fulfilling life if he stays in CNY - he will become a community leader and a legendary figure.

Jim lives so below his means is there anyway he's been saving all that money to pay Dino when the time comes? No? Haha

I guess he will eat at Denny's as well.

Well said, the pressure here is nothing compared to the top programs......

Bill Snyder at K-State comes to mind but who are the longest tenured coaches in CFB?

Well said, the pressure here is nothing compared to the top programs...

Bill Snyder at K-State comes to mind but who are the longest tenured coaches in CFB?
upload_2017-10-23_18-58-58.png

Caveat emptor - source: Wikipedia

Shafer was given the keys to a program that had been turned around (thanks partially to his efforts as a coordinator.)

He was given more than a decent chance to succeed, but hired poorly on the offensive side of the ball and had several composure issues during a down final year.

He let Syracuse University down versus the other way around, but I totally hear you on your overall premise.

Shafer was given the keys to a program that had been turned around (thanks partially to his efforts as a coordinator.)

He was given more than a decent chance to succeed, but hired poorly on the offensive side of the ball and had several composure issues during a down final year.

He let Syracuse University down versus the other way around, but I totally hear you on your overall premise.

I kind of put Shafer in a different category.

He was essentially an interim coach - he was not selected following a nationwide search.

So, in that sense, he is arguably not be part of the Syracuse calculus.

He also has the dome, which he has been vocal about loving. I think that’s huge in itself.

Reactions: FAL
He can buy a lot of ramen at Wegmans

Oh and the Dome is pretty cool too I guess

While I agree with everything you say, I look forward to the day that no one even has to say it.

They should get Jim Boeheim to make this pitch.

View attachment 113346

Caveat emptor - source: Wikipedia
Wow. Had no idea Patterson has been at TCU that long.
On that note...no one ever seems to bring up MRS. Babers in all this speculation. How does she feel about Central NY? Does she see the Cuse as a final destination or what? “Happy wife/Happy life” is not just some cliche. She’s the key here.

Wow. Had no idea Patterson has been at TCU that long.
On that note...no one ever seems to bring up MRS. Babers in all this speculation. How does she feel about Central NY? Does she see the Cuse as a final destination or what? “Happy wife/Happy life” is not just some cliche. She’s the key here.

She’s putting $60k of renovations into their home. I know I wouldn’t live thru that if I wasn’t going to stay and enjoy it for awhile.

Yep and add in Jimbo Fisher getting at it with another disgruntled fan after a home loss they're not used to. In other threads I've hit on this theme with all the pros to being here a long time. A typical less intelligent coach I'd say alls that would matter would be the bigger money and the next challenge. This guy I think has the ability to see big picture with all factors. Most Any other coach once they turned this program around I'd say they'd be gone. HCDFB there's a real shot he hangs long term.

She’s putting $60k of renovations into their home. I know I wouldn’t live thru that if I wasn’t going to stay and enjoy it for awhile.

I want proof.

All good points, just playing devils advocate, dino can get dome conditions in most SEC and B12 Stadiums. Little weather, beautiful turf. That said, I think Dino loves upstate NY. The mountains , the finger lakes. At 57 , think he and his wife like the schools and hell making 4 mil or so here vs, all thw BS of an A&M or Baylor???? Oh come on now! He knows hes in a big conference and if the dome gets a facelift ? Watch out!!!

I look at it another way.

We will pay good money (my guess is top 25% if you do well here), but beyond that, you will be immortalized if you win.

Coach Mac never won a title, but the guy is a hero. Compare that w/ Fulmer in Knoxville, what's his name at Auburn, Miles at LSU, and so on.

I look at it another way.

We will pay good money (my guess is top 25% if you do well here), but beyond that, you will be immortalized if you win.

Coach Mac never won a title, but the guy is a hero. Compare that w/ Fulmer in Knoxville, what's his name at Auburn, Miles at LSU, and so on.
Despite getting fired, Fulmer is still a hero in Knoxville. Fans have clamored for him to be the AD more than once since he was let go.

I’ll send Bees over to snap pictures from behind the neighbor’s fence.
He's likely on it being retired and all. Nothing gets past Bees and zhoney

I happen to know someone very well that’s involved in this project. Chip is right.

Regardless, that has nothing to do with how invested they may or may not be in staying in CNY. $60,000 is a drop in the bucket for a guy making 42 times that per year. It's the equivalent of the average person repaving their driveway. Could be necessary updates to increase the resale value of the home.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laxmom2317

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom