Why does and East Bracket Play in San Jose? | Syracusefan.com

Why does and East Bracket Play in San Jose?

Flora'cuse

Scout Team
... ... ... ... ...where there are 3 west coast teams.

Thanks in advance

pods...its been this way for a few years now

the west sites always get 4/5 pods.

It's the land of misfit pods.

5amy3ata.jpg

Yeah this annoys me. We're the highest seed in the Pod and by far the one furthest from home.

In all honesty...
what does "protected seed" even mean? And, supposedly, the top 4 seeds in each region are "protected seeds," aren't they? What the he11 does that mean?

protected seeds are not always guaranteed for the 4 seeds. Its more for the regionals

We've already played a game in California this season, ergo the San Jose games are home games for SU by logic of college basketball analysts everywhere.

In all honesty...
what does "protected seed" even mean? And, supposedly, the top 4 seeds in each region are "protected seeds," aren't they? What the he11 does that mean?

They will try their best to get the top four seeds at the closest location possible. Problem is 1 seeds get first dib, followed by 2 seeds. If you are on 4 line you get the crumbs, which is usually west.

I dont understand why they always put so many pods out west. Same crap happens each year. If attendance is an issue, move one east. Can still have a west regional.

If you are not a top 4 seed. committee does not need to try to put you close to home.

San Jose...in the same state where we played on the Naval carrier to start the season...Carrier similar to Carrier Dome. Thus...home game for us.

Aren't NY and CA virtually the same state? Thus...home game. We don't even leave the state of Calinewyork

protected seeds are not always guaranteed for the 4 seeds. Its more for the regionals

But they protected 4 seed Kansas State by putting them in Kansas City...and they play in the crap Big 12. Atleast they gave Syracuse a good chance to make the Regionals back East.

But they protected 4 seed Kansas State by putting them in Kansas City...and they play in the crap Big 12. Atleast they gave Syracuse a good chance to make the Regionals back East.

Yea I dont know why they did this. KState lucked out and got the hometown crowd. I really thought before the show we were in Austin and then during the show I thought we had Marquette's spot in Lexington for sure as the 3 seed. Buzz did it to us again.

kansas st was above us on there s curve along with every 4 as were were 16 on there s curve

Yea I dont know why they did this. KState lucked out and got the hometown crowd. I really thought before the show we were in Austin and then during the show I thought we had Marquette's spot in Lexington for sure as the 3 seed. Buzz did it to us again.

It'll be fun watching Marquette get knocked out in Bluegrass Country. Thuggery don't go round here.

kansas st was above us on there s curve along with every 4 as were were 16 on there s curve

i am pretty sure the Chairman said last night that they stopped using the S-Curve a couple years ago.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoachDiddi

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom