Why don't we have a thread for The Challenge? | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Why don't we have a thread for The Challenge?

ahh, i see.

Real World came out after i graduated, but being as in my head i never left school...i was watching the 1st 3 years of it. when they went to london that was it for me.

i always found those real world v road rules stuff a shameless $$ grab.

that said, i never missed an episode of Jersey Shore nearly 20 years later.

ahh, i see.

Real World came out after i graduated, but being as in my head i never left school...i was watching the 1st 3 years of it. when they went to london that was it for me.

i always found those real world v road rules stuff a shameless $$ grab.

that said, i never missed an episode of Jersey Shore nearly 20 years later.
The shameless cash grab (you're not wrong) is going strong and arguably stronger than ever.

I have not watched and will not. If you’re talking about the Josh that won Big Brother, he is indeed the worst.

I have not watched and will not. If you’re talking about the Josh that won Big Brother, he is indeed the worst.
Yes, that Josh is the same big, dumb animal I was referring to.

But seriously, you should watch it.

I feel like I was the only person amongst my college friends that wasn't obsessed with Real World. I just couldn't for the life of me find it interesting.

Real World? We talkin' Real World? Real World?

This is THE CHALLENGE.

What you have done is compared a Yugo to a Ferrari. That's crazier than Johnny Bananas' reaction to Sarah breaking their alliance and tossing him into elimination in Exes 2!

really.. never met a single person who has watched it. never even heard of it until this year.. But I see its on MTv so that explains it.

I asked the kids, they said they dont know anyone at college who watches it.

I saw that it gets like .5 to .75 million people viewing normallys so that wouldnt even be on the radar of any normal shows

Wouldn't even be on your radar???? It's legend. That's as silly as when Sarah didn't have puzzle dummy Jonna on her radar in the finals of Rivals - and Jonna smoked her for it!

Don't underestimate how great THE CHALLENGE is. Get it on your radar! Don't be a Sarah!

I have 0 interest in something like Survivor. The Challenge was appealing to me as a teen into early 20s because it was people my age just getting hammered and trying to hook up and then do some weird athletic competitions. Was quality trashy entertainment. Since that point they have added actual production quality and removed the majority of the trashy aspects which is alright since I'm no longer a moron. Just so pot committed after 20 years and don't watch anything else that is on at a specific time besides sports so still try to make time to catch it live.

For a second I thought you were comparing Survivor to THE CHALLENGE.

I was about to go Big Easy on you - exactly like he did when he pummeled Wes after he called that stupid house meeting!

I cannot believe Wes, Aneesa, Darrell, and CT are still kicking it through these.

TJ Lavin is dat dude that put up with no nonsense and had no problem calling people out.

They need to start steroid testing all the competitors ( the transformation on the male cast is always amazing).
Why? For their own long term health and safety I hope they aren't on steroids, but for the kind of competition it is would steroids even actually bring much advantage?

I am so happy this thread exists, although I wasn't expecting it to appear in the 'Other Sports' forum.
Is melodrama a sport?

They've all trained themselves so well to react to every minuscule update, every little change as if their lives depend on it. Athletic ability and physical strength isn't nearly as valuable as your ability to look shocked.

Attachments

• 2021-01-23_13-06-58.jpg
    2021-01-23_13-06-58.jpg
    10.5 KB · Views: 125
  • 2021-01-23_13-12-56.jpg
    2021-01-23_13-12-56.jpg
    7.7 KB · Views: 110
I am so happy this thread exists, although I wasn't expecting it to appear in the 'Other Sports' forum.
Is melodrama a sport?

They've all trained themselves so well to react to every minuscule update, every little change as if their lives depend on it. Athletic ability and physical strength isn't nearly as valuable as your ability to look shocked.
I strongly debated if this belongs in the entertainment thread or other sports thread.

It just felt right for it to be here.

We’re several weeks into this season and I’m still trying to figure out who some of these people are and if any of them joined mid season.

It used to be you had to be on Real World or Road Rules. I’m not even sure that some of these people really were on any show.

Random blonde-haired girl...tall English guy with impossibly-white teeth...

We’re several weeks into this season and I’m still trying to figure out who some of these people are and if any of them joined mid season.

It used to be you had to be on Real World or Road Rules. I’m not even sure that some of these people really were on any show.

Random blonde-haired girl...tall English guy with impossibly-white teeth...
They've started incorporating competitors from other reality shows.

Also that's a hilarious description of Kyle.

Whether you're a layup or a number, nobody deserves to get blindsided by their #1 and thrown into a headbanger, especially because of polidicking.

Let's talk about it here.

This can be like a AA meeting. I can't believe I'm twice the age of some of the contestants and still watch this garbage. TJ Lavin is awesome as the host.

They need to start steroid testing all the competitors ( the transformation on the male cast is always amazing).

No way. This is the real life version of that SNL pro drug Olympics skit.

I'm just catching up a bit, and Devin sucks, but he does make me laugh at times:

CT: Devin, who you got issues with?

Devin then provides names as if it's a well thought out list he's been working up in his head for days.

Names pretty much every single person in the Challenge.

There are some seriously old people on that list.
Of course I’m going to watch it.

I re-reviewed the list, and I'd go all-in on Alton winning if he resembles the Alton from 12 years ago.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom