Why don't we have a thread for The Challenge? | Syracusefan.com

Why don't we have a thread for The Challenge?

I really can’t stand Fessy and Anessa after the entire house laid down for them in episode 2.

Too bad they got skulls.

The season has been okay without Johnny Bananas though.

They need more drama.
Lolo was getting annoying.

I really can’t stand Fessy and Anessa after the entire house laid down for them in episode 2.

Too bad they got skulls.

The season has been okay without Johnny Bananas though.

They need more drama.
Lolo was getting annoying.
Yeah definitely felt like last night's episode they were scrambling to manufacture some stories.

This is why Wes helps. He makes sure the house is interesting.

I'm surprised there hasn't been more urgency over getting skulls.

I had high hopes for Lolo, but she hasn't brought much to the show or really even competed that well.

Josh actively makes the show worse. Dude sucks.

Darrel is playing a great game so far. Really flying under the radar.

The partner switching format and need for the skulls have been great ideas to make sure the alliances matter but don't run the whole game.

Whether you're a layup or a number, nobody deserves to get blindsided by their #1 and thrown into a headbanger, especially because of polidicking.

Let's talk about it here.
This is hilarious. Literally the only show that I watch weekly on tv.

Yeah definitely felt like last night's episode they were scrambling to manufacture some stories.

This is why Wes helps. He makes sure the house is interesting.

I'm surprised there hasn't been more urgency over getting skulls.

I had high hopes for Lolo, but she hasn't brought much to the show or really even competed that well.

Josh actively makes the show worse. Dude sucks.

Darrel is playing a great game so far. Really flying under the radar.

The partner switching format and need for the skulls have been great ideas to make sure the alliances matter but don't run the whole game.
Despise Josh. Wish he would go away and never be on again.

I far more enjoy going back and watching the old seasons on CBS All Access. Netflix added 2 old seasons too. Crazy watching Veronica and Rachel torment Tonya. Certainly far worse than anyone would be allowed to get away with nowadays.

Despise Josh. Wish he would go away and never be on again.

I far more enjoy going back and watching the old seasons on CBS All Access. Netflix added 2 old seasons too. Crazy watching Veronica and Rachel torment Tonya. Certainly far worse than anyone would be allowed to get away with nowadays.
Yeah I've been watching one of the old seasons on Netflix. It's actually kind of cool to see how simple and creative the competitions used to be. Now they're all pretty crazy and involved and essentially major stunts and athletic competitions. One of the old episodes they had to run on stilts, get oranges, and squeeze them into a cup. It was actually a great game.

Hope all is well with Lio. Sounds like some real personal and maybe family issues that he had to leave for. He was really great with my son before a pre-pandemic NXT show. I didn't expect him to go all the way in The Challenge but was routing for him being the small guy.

Agreed on Josh. The worst.

They could use some more drama in the house this season.

CT is still hanging and banging with all these youngsters.

Yeah I've been watching one of the old seasons on Netflix. It's actually kind of cool to see how simple and creative the competitions used to be. Now they're all pretty crazy and involved and essentially major stunts and athletic competitions. One of the old episodes they had to run on stilts, get oranges, and squeeze them into a cup. It was actually a great game.
I watched that one a few days ago. Got The Miz running on stilts trying to make orange juice. Loved the ridiculous prizes they handed out for each competition too. People were going nuts over a little mp3 player.

I watched that one a few days ago. Got The Miz running on stilts trying to make orange juice. Loved the ridiculous prizes they handed out for each competition too. People were going nuts over a little mp3 player.
They were simpler times, for sure.

That was a Dave Mirra season, too.

Last edited:
Hope all is well with Lio. Sounds like some real personal and maybe family issues that he had to leave for. He was really great with my son before a pre-pandemic NXT show. I didn't expect him to go all the way in The Challenge but was routing for him being the small guy.

Agreed on Josh. The worst.

They could use some more drama in the house this season.

CT is still hanging and banging with all these youngsters.
I think you can make an argument that CT's life arc has been one of the most fascinating things ever captured on television. And that's not an exaggeration. His change over time has been uniquely documented.

Had some Mirra, think there were a few with Johnny Mosely. The introductions on those ones are hilarious. They took more production than the episodes.
I have no idea why my phone autocorrected Mirra to Mitra.

really.. never met a single person who has watched it. never even heard of it until this year.. But I see its on MTv so that explains it.

I asked the kids, they said they dont know anyone at college who watches it.

I saw that it gets like .5 to .75 million people viewing normallys so that wouldnt even be on the radar of any normal shows

really.. never met a single person who has watched it. never even heard of it until this year.. But I see its on MTv so that explains it.

I asked the kids, they said they dont know anyone at college who watches it.

I saw that it gets like .5 to .75 million people viewing normallys so that wouldnt even be on the radar of any normal shows
Looks like it started in 1998 so I was 15 at the time and was Real World people vs Road Rules people doing stupid challenges. So that was right in my wheelhouse then heading into college. I imagine the average viewing age is 30 to 40. There would be no reason whatsoever for anyone 25 and under to watch it, they would have no clue who any of these people are or what has been going on for 30 seasons.

Looks like it started in 1998 so I was 15 at the time and was Real World people vs Road Rules people doing stupid challenges. So that was right in my wheelhouse then heading into college. I imagine the average viewing age is 30 to 40. There would be no reason whatsoever for anyone 25 and under to watch it, they would have no clue who any of these people are or what has been going on for 30 seasons.
I feel like I was the only person amongst my college friends that wasn't obsessed with Real World. I just couldn't for the life of me find it interesting.

I feel like I was the only person amongst my college friends that wasn't obsessed with Real World. I just couldn't for the life of me find it interesting.
Only things that I remember watching in college other than sports was Real World and Chappelle's Show.

Real World was aight but Road Rules was actually way more interesting, and Road Rules was the ancestor to The Challenge, which is the best of them all.

The way The Challenge pulled off transitioning from all MTV casts to a more reality show based cast is really kind of incredible. The show's an institution that has reinvented itself several times.

Real World was aight but Road Rules was actually way more interesting, and Road Rules was the ancestor to The Challenge, which is the best of them all.

The way The Challenge pulled off transitioning from all MTV casts to a more reality show based cast is really kind of incredible. The show's an institution that has reinvented itself several times.
I either want something that's 100% real like a sporting event, or something that's 100% fiction like a TV show, but the halfway reality-type shows where you don't really know what's scripted or not has never been my cup of tea. All my buddies have a pool each year for the show Survivor and hate me for not wanting to be in it.

Anyway, sorry. Me complaining about reality TV in a reality TV thread is lame.

Last edited:
I either want something that's 100% real like a sporting event, or something that's 100% fiction like a TV show, but the halfway reality-type shows where you don't really know what's scripted or not has never been my cup of tea. All my buddies have a pool each year for the show Survivor and hate me for not wanting to be in it.
I have 0 interest in something like Survivor. The Challenge was appealing to me as a teen into early 20s because it was people my age just getting hammered and trying to hook up and then do some weird athletic competitions. Was quality trashy entertainment. Since that point they have added actual production quality and removed the majority of the trashy aspects which is alright since I'm no longer a moron. Just so pot committed after 20 years and don't watch anything else that is on at a specific time besides sports so still try to make time to catch it live.

Real World season 1 was pretty good because it was something different.

But it paved the way for reality TV everywhere, and that's just contributing to the downfall of society.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom