Why in the world did we stick with Edwards?? | Syracusefan.com

Why in the world did we stick with Edwards??

Cuse_NYC

Starter
I understand he was the only big available, but how the heck did JB go with him for the final 5min??? Washington, girard, buddy, hughes, qg would have without a doubt secured the win.

I just listed it... you can’t tell me Edwards brought something at center that QG couldn’t. Hell, I would have rather had Howard Washington in the middle.

Who plays the 4 if QG is at the 5?

Buddy at the 3 is going to be worse than Edwards at the 5.

The key is for Marek and Sidibe not to foul out
Ya, obviously... but Edwards is a nervous wreck and cannot be in a meaningful game right now.

Ya, obviously... but Edwards is a nervous wreck and cannot be in a meaningful game right now.
You don't understand the responsibilities of the wings in a 2-3 zone if you think Buddy at the 3 is better than Edwards at the 5.

You don't understand the responsibilities of the wings in a 2-3 zone if you think Buddy at the 3 is better than Edwards at the 5.
Oh, I sure do... so giving ip layup after layup and rebound after rebound IN THE MIDDLE is ok?

Oh, I sure do... so giving ip layup after layup and rebound after rebound IN THE MIDDLE is ok?
yes that's what i'm saying. I'm trying to find a defense where SU gives up layups and rebounds in the middle. that's what i want and it is A OK with me

Ok, then don’t play zone if this happens again.

He had zero chance to stop Mack and might as well stand out of bounds on offense.
yeah let's go man to man and have buddy or eli guard power forwards.

yeah let's go man to man and have buddy or eli guard power forwards.
You act like we’re crazy for saying we should do something different than play a raw big who gave up a score every time he had to defend and can’t play offense.

Even if the other team scores at will, like they were... at least we have the advantage on offense.

We’re not Golden State but they played a death lineup of small ball and forced teams to match them. If not, Sims or Mack are guarding Hughes or Buddy.

You act like we’re crazy for saying we should do something different than play a raw big who gave up a score every time he had to defend and can’t play offense.
you're crazy if you wanted this SU team to bust out the ol' man defense for the final 5 minutes on the road against an ACC opponent.

Did you watch Edwards play?

Buddy can at least guard the perimeter and could hack a guy in the paint if he had to. Edwards couldn’t do anything. Couldn’t get out to shooters. Couldn’t defend the rim. Didn’t even have enough strength to foul guys.

Did you watch tonight? Or just assuming Edwards was serviceable
i watched the whole game, Edwards was like Dikembe Mutumbo swatting shots and controlling the paint. What game were you watching?

Even if the other team scores at will, like they were... at least we have the advantage on offense.
Really can’t believe anyone who truly wants this team to win could be happy with our lineup that final 5min

Need a big in.

marek and bourama gave us the L tonight. Learn from past games. Edwards was forced into a spot hes not ready for, we lost.