Why Southerland MUST start | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Why Southerland MUST start

My expectation is that we are again going to have a balanced scoring team, with several players capable of leading us in scoring any given game, and multiple players [MCW, Triche, Fair, Southerland, Coleman, and to a lesser extent Rak / Cooney] capable of approaching double figures scoring. Wouldn't remotely surprise me to see someone like Triche "lead" the team in scoring at just over 13 PPG a la Kris last year, given how balanced we will be, with different guys stepping up each game. I expect us to have a lot of offensive firepower--again--so I'm not concerned about being down 10 early too often. The things that DO concern me about this team have very little to do with scoring, and a lot more to do with largely unproven commodities stepping into big shoes they need to fill [MCW, Fair, Southerland, Rak, Coleman, Cooney].

We might not be as insanely deep as last year's team, but we're still going to go 8-9 deep, play lots of guys, and have lots of lineup versatility. May the best players win / earn minutes.

I agree but the reason I am so obsessed with CJ and James is the play of 2 guys and the soft forward position is in my mind at least the difference between a good team and a FF 4 team.

We don't have a guy who scored 10 ppg last year returning.
We want one forward, one isolation mid post guy, and one guard who can put up 15 ppg, or a combination of 2 that can put up 25 ppg.

Fair and Southerland averaged 15.3 together and Grant dnp. But james only got 16mpg.
Triche averaged 9 and Cooney and MCW dnp much.
Rak scored about 4.5 ppg, Keita amaybe 2 and Dajuan dnp.

Thats alot of work to do all around, but I think our guys could nearly meet those expectations reasons below.

:blah::blah::blah:
Dion, KJO, Scoop and Melo kept Rak, Cooney, MCW and Southerland off the floor and they were very capable last year. CJ will proabbly get another 4-8 mpg this year and had 2 senior go to guys, and Dion Waiters ahead of him. Triche got 22.5 mpg, per 34 minutes he scores around 15. Dajuan is a mack truck who will get and ones. Plus we have 7 true scorers if Rak steps up.
:blah::blah::blah:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom