Why would good big men even consider SU? | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Why would good big men even consider SU?

yes let's announce that on pearl washington day vs the hoyas .

AP850309015-DYMW.jpg

We've had a McDonald's All American center on the roster for 7 consecutive seasons now, and in only 1 of them was the center an offensive threat

We have no ability or apparent desire to pass them the ball in situations where they can be effective, like in the post for example. I am growing so tired of our guards looking at a well positioned SU big man on the post and then throwing the ball elsewhere.

Rak would have been a great 4 year player if we had decided to feed him earlier than his 4th year on the squad.

At least when AO and Rick were playing together they would at least feed each other. DC won't even feed Lydon when Lydon has great position and a 8" advantage on the guard trying to defend him.

Yep, yep, yep. 100000%

I remember being shouted down when I bitched about us not using Rak his Soph and Jr year more on offense.

Yeah there's a whole thread about it somewhere. I was firmly in the no way in hell, was Rak ready to do anything w the ball in the post before his senior year camp. When he was getting it there even in his junior year he was a 0. Terrible. It was either the hottest potato for him, and he immediately kicked it out w not so much as a look, before he even pivoted, or it was no touch what so ever. But we all see differently I guess, especially judging from that old thread.

Yeah there's a whole thread about it somewhere. I was firmly in the no way in hell, was Rak ready to do anything w the ball in the post before his senior year camp. When he was getting it there even in his junior year he was a 0. Terrible. It was either the hottest potato for him, and he immediately kicked it out w not so much as a look, before he even pivoted, or it was no touch what so ever. But we all see differently I guess, especially judging from that old thread.
Would love to see it

Agree and rak is also a top 10 recruit and plays in the nba. Not going to get that talent all the time. Big guys take time to develop.

To answer the OP's title, if said big man is a Center with pro aspirations, we could pitch what has become the identity of our program, the Zone, & outline how he'll spend his college career doing something that is illegal in the NBA :noidea:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
McCuse

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom