Why? | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Why?

Does he mean “nothing” in terms of other jobs? Like, you’re too old so nobody will want you?

Or does he mean “nothing” as in too old to enjoy hobbies and travel?
Don't know-
But whatever "nothing in retirement" is, JB is afraid to go there IMO.

Don't know-
But whatever "nothing in retirement" is, JB is afraid to go there IMO.
$5 million dollar second home on Skaneateles Lake. Unlimited funds. Four successful children. A beautiful wife. Speaking/broadcasting gigs at your own schedule. Golf. A charitable foundation. Connections across the globe. I’m having a difficult time believing he’s just afraid of retirement.

$5 million dollar second home on Skaneateles Lake. Unlimited funds. Four successful children. A beautiful wife. Speaking/broadcasting gigs at your own schedule. Golf. A charitable foundation. Connections across the globe. I’m having a difficult time believing he’s just afraid of retirement.

My guess is it has nothing to do with having nothing to do. My guess it is more ego driven and not wanting to go out on the bottom and become irrelevant nationally. He like most coaches think next year is the year I can do it I can turn it around. But at his age it just keeps getting worse and worse and nobody can tell him otherwise.

If you want to think that JAB isn't a scumbag, but Sean Miller is ... well, that's your right, but it's not grounded in any kind of reality. The reputation of JAB among fans outside of Syracuse is that he's a cheating jerk. And if we're going to employ a cheating jerk, then I want to win while doing it because the NCAA is a joke and the "student-athlete" system is corrupt from top to bottom. Sean Miller has shown he can coach in the present game. JAB has not.

Total difference between whether a coach knew a player got help with a paper and a coach knew his asst was corrupt.

JB being afraid of retirement explanation worked for me. You can call it rationalization.
Instead of fuming at the state of the program and being furious with JB, I remain generally calm while accepting what I can't change, and have empathy for our HOF coach.
Used to fret over this whole bizarre scenario -but so much happier now.

Also, attending fewer games has helped my budget in these inflationary times.
Some sadness in my growing detachment, but refuse to be held hostage and await JB's retirement while hoping for the best.

Total difference between whether a coach knew a player got help with a paper and a coach knew his asst was corrupt.

Your spin zone is admirable but not many outside the Syracuse bubble view the situations all that different.

If it was any other program who was found by the NCAA to have a staff member and support staff logging in to player email accounts sending emails to teachers pretending to be the players and a star player submit a paper to regain eligibility that the NCAA says was authored by program staff members you’d call them corrupt. Especially if it was that coach’s second time through NCAA issues and the school kept him. Instead it’s, “A player got help with a paper”.

I can appreciate your insistence that our leadership is on moral high ground but it’s plenty clear, more than once, that we’re not. If Miller is a realistic option it’s a home run hire.

Your spin zone is admirable but not many outside the Syracuse bubble view the situations all that different.

If it was any other program who was found by the NCAA to have a staff member and support staff logging in to player email accounts sending emails to teachers pretending to be the players and a star player submit a paper to regain eligibility that the NCAA says was authored by program staff members you’d call them corrupt. Especially if it was that coach’s second time through NCAA issues and the school kept him. Instead it’s, “A player got help with a paper”.

I can appreciate your insistence that our leadership is on moral high ground but it’s plenty clear, more than once, that we’re not. If Miller is a realistic option it’s a home run hire.

Lol spin. No it’s fact. Some people here think JB should have been let go after the Melo incident because he’s the head of the program and should have known. But they’ll let Miller slide even though his assistant went to jail for corruption. Seems the same to me. Lol.

Lol spin. No it’s fact. Some people here think JB should have been let go after the Melo incident because he’s the head of the program and should have known. But they’ll let Miller slide even though his assistant went to jail for corruption. Seems the same to me. Lol.

And some think it was fine to keep JB after probation number 2 and the NCAA findings but think their program has moral high ground and is above Sean Miller. (Not even taking into account issues across our other programs.)

For the record, it doesn’t bother me we kept JB and I don’t think Miller has done anything to put him on a no hire list.

He's probably embarrased that he inheritted the program in a good state and now it's in a horrible state. Might want to fix it but can't face the fact that it's too late.
IMO the program has slipped recently but to say it is a horrible state is a gross exageration

If you want to think that JAB isn't a scumbag, but Sean Miller is ... well, that's your right, but it's not grounded in any kind of reality. The reputation of JAB among fans outside of Syracuse is that he's a cheating jerk. And if we're going to employ a cheating jerk, then I want to win while doing it because the NCAA is a joke and the "student-athlete" system is corrupt from top to bottom. Sean Miller has shown he can coach in the present game. JAB has not.
Interested takes on fans outside of Syracuse. I have lived on the west coast my whole life and that is not what people think of JAB from my experience. I had someone just the other day say I wish Syracuse would be good again. I loved Boeheim and miss coaches like that, everyone today is so fake. I also I would say about every 90 days have someone say I loved when Boeheim ran on the court against Duke. This still happens and annoys my wife. Sean Miller went to Pitt. I'll pass. He was a 500 in conference coach his last 3 years at Zona in a terrible conference.

Have you ever read about the 18 year UNCheaters legacy?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom