Wiggins to Kansas | Syracusefan.com

Wiggins to Kansas

I was just about to post this but figured someone did yesterday. Great for us. Not coming to the ACC or Kentucky. Now Kansas will be good but I don't think they will be great. They will of course get a #1 seed in the tourney because they will play no one good through all of conference play.

I was just about to post this but figured someone did yesterday. Great for us. Not coming to the ACC or Kentucky. Now Kansas will be good but I don't think they will be great. They will of course get a #1 seed in the tourney because they will play no one good through all of conference play.
Talk about playing patty cake to a 1 seed. Man big 12 sucks. After next year Kansas will have won the B 12 like 25 times in a row.

Well they do play Georgetown this year...oh wait.

I'm surprised he went to Kansas. I really wanted him to go to ACC. I don't care either UNC of FSU. Preferebly FSU, but I wanted to play him this year. Now it's not a guarantee.:noidea:

Damn. Huge get for them. Oklahoma St. and Baylor will be good. So will Kansas. Texas should get better one would think. They were even younger than Michigan. That league should be more competitive.

Damn. Huge get for them. Oklahoma St. and Baylor will be good. So will Kansas. Texas should get better one would think. They were even younger than Michigan. That league should be more competitive.

i'd hope they coudn't get worse

I personally think this is actually bad for Syracuse.

If Wiggins can bring more success to KU, and Self follows through and gets him the number 1 pick...it'll substantially improve Kansas's high profile recruiting.

We compete with Kansas for several recruits. It seems like them, UL, Uconn, UK, IU and OSU have been recruiting rivals for us lately.

Class of 2013/14:
Kansas:
Selden (An SU target)
Wiggins (Could've been a big target had we not landed another year from CJ and 2014's McCullough).

Syracuse:
Tyler Roberson (KU target)
McCullough (KU target)

Future classes:
SU and KU shared targets:
-Whitehead
-Vaughn
-Diallo
-Possibly Bryant?

I'm just saying the more top 5 recruits SU swings and misses on that go to KU and UK...I think it starts to give them an advantage up and down the boards against us.

It's just a speculation and opinion I had.

I personally think this is actually bad for Syracuse.

If Wiggins can bring more success to KU, and Self follows through and gets him the number 1 pick...it'll substantially improve Kansas's high profile recruiting.

We compete with Kansas for several recruits. It seems like them, UL, Uconn, UK, IU and OSU have been recruiting for us lately.

Class of 2013/14:
Kansas:
Selden (An SU target)
Wiggins (Could've been a big target had we not landed another year from CJ and 2014's McCullough).

Syracuse:
Tyler Roberson (KU target)
McCullough (KU target)

Future classes:
SU and KU shared targets:
-Whitehead
-Vaughn
-Diallo
-Possibly Bryant?

I'm just saying the more top 5 recruits SU swings and misses on that go to KU and UK...I think it starts to give them an advantage up and down the boards against us.

It's just a speculation and opinion I had.

Good points. You could be right. Throw in Louisville and there will be interesting battles for many of those guys.

Kansas will recruit at an elite level with or without Wiggins. No biggie. KU will now jump up 10 spots in the preseason polls because the media loves to latch on to a big name. They will be good but I don't think they're top 5 good with essentially an entire new team from last year. So glad he didn't opt for the cheating UK. I had figured the delay in his decision was because he was having a disagreement with his parents who really wanted him to go to FSU and he didn't want to. Interesting that Doug Gottlieb called this right yesterday on his cable show...he predicted it would be Kansas.

As long as Rick Barnes is the coach, Texas will never get better, only underachieve.

They should get better. They needed one or two more wins to get a Tourney bid after a horrendous start. Underachieve? Probable.

I realize that Kentucky drives many college basketball fans crazy, but if you're going to dislike teams for shady recruiting practices, Kansas should be right up there with Big Blue Nation and you should view this selection by Wiggins with disdain.

Think of it this way. If you're the type of person who considers John Calipari the Osama bin Laden of college hoops recruiting terrorists, you should think of Bill Self as Khalid Sheikh Mohammed or perhaps Ayman al-Zawahiri.*

(Yes, this is probably an inappropriate metaphor, but I'm trying to place myself in the mind of someone who suffers from Kentucky/Calipari Derangement Syndrome.)

I'm thinking this is great karma for us. The last time I remember playing a number of good B12 teams was...um...2003? We ended up winning the B12 championship en route to the national championship. I could stand that schedule again. Oklahoma, Oklahoma St., Texas, and Kansas? Bring em on...

Wiggins is the #1 pick no matter where he goes. All Self has to do is not screw him up. He is right now the consensus top pick and is being called the best player since LBJ.

Kansas will recruit at an elite level with or without Wiggins. No biggie. KU will now jump up 10 spots in the preseason polls because the media loves to latch on to a big name. They will be good but I don't think they're top 5 good with essentially an entire new team from last year. So glad he didn't opt for the cheating UK. I had figured the delay in his decision was because he was having a disagreement with his parents who really wanted him to go to FSU and he didn't want to. Interesting that Doug Gottlieb called this right yesterday on his cable show...he predicted it would be Kansas.

I think you underestimate how good Wiggins is.

I realize that Kentucky drives many college basketball fans crazy, but if you're going to dislike teams for shady recruiting practices, Kansas should be right up there with Big Blue Nation and you should view this selection by Wiggins with disdain.

Think of it this way. If you're the type of person who considers John Calipari the Osama bin Laden of college hoops recruiting terrorists, you should think of Bill Self as Khalid Sheikh Mohammed or perhaps Ayman al-Zawahiri.*

(Yes, this is probably an inappropriate metaphor, but I'm trying to place myself in the mind of someone who suffers from Kentucky/Calipari Derangement Syndrome.)
This was a great choice for Wiggins. He will be the star on a rebuilding elite team that will be closely watched by scouts.

Kansas, great recruiting class coming in, but the bottom drops out after this. They will need every bit of Wiggins' talent.
Of their leading scorers:
Mclemore - NBA bound freshman, Adios, Muchacho.
Withey - Senior, peace.
Releford - Senior, sayonara Releford-San.
Elijah Johnson - Senior, Vaya con dios, Señor.
Kevin Young - Who's that? Senior either way.

Finally, a return to their roster. Their 6th leading scorer.
Perry Ellis - Need a new suit? He's got that. Aside from being a male model, 5.8 points in 13.6 minutes. And as a soph, he's got seniority!

Needless to say, growing pains galore. But if anyone can pull this off, I'd take Wiggins, Embid, Selden over UK's shot.

Something tells me there will be a lot of grumpy children huffing and puffing in Lexington.
There's something to be considered about UK's class.
Dakari - Wants the ball. As good a low post scorer as he is, he is not a shot blocker! If PayCal did this right, he should have gotten a guy who can contest shots, as both Johnson and Cauley-Stein will not be on the court together.
Young - Wants the ball
Randle - Yah hah
Tweedle Dee and Tweedle Dumb - PG is a really good passer, SG can score, but Andrew really better focus on distribution and how can all of Aaron, Young, Randle, Dakari, Poythress all get touches?
Returning guys, Lee and company? Messy.
Edit: Seriously, on the surface, seems like a nice problem to have, so many weapons, but it is a team sport. And usually, you play both sides of the court. I don't see that much from the incoming guys. As for us, just a few defensive-minded people come to mind in BMK, Rak, CJ, Grant. Chino, Beast, Buss, oh my!

This is screaming for a diva-style walk-off.
walkoff.jpg

Meanwhile, back at the ranch, I would take our experienced Final Four team over both KU and UK.
Honesty, not anything overzealous.

Kansas, great recruiting class coming in, but the bottom drops out after this. They will need every bit of Wiggins' talent.
Of their leading scorers:
Mclemore - NBA bound freshman, Adios, Muchacho.
Withey - Senior, peace.
Releford - Senior, sayonara Releford-San.
Elijah Johnson - Senior, Vaya con dios, Señor.
Kevin Young - Who's that? Senior either way.

Finally, a return to their roster. Their 6th leading scorer.
Perry Ellis - Need a new suit? He's got that. Aside from being a male model, 5.8 points in 13.6 minutes. And as a soph, he's got seniority!

Needless to say, growing pains galore. But if anyone can pull this off, I'd take Wiggins, Embid, Selden over UK's shot.

Something tells me there will be a lot of grumpy children huffing and puffing in Lexington.
There's something to be considered about UK's class.
Dakari - Wants the ball. As good a low post scorer as he is, he is not a shot blocker! If PayCal did this right, he should have gotten a guy who can contest shots, as both Johnson and Cauley-Stein will not be on the court together.
Young - Wants the ball
Randle - Yah hah
Tweedle Dee and Tweedle Dumb - PG is a really good passer, SG can score, but Andrew really better focus on distribution and how can all of Aaron, Young, Randle, Dakari, Poythress all get touches?
Returning guys, Lee and company? Messy.

This is screaming for a diva-style walk-off.
walkoff.jpg

Meanwhile, back at the ranch, I would take our experienced Final Four team over both KU and UK.
Honesty, not anything overzealous.
The truth. Bottom line.

Let's not get ahead of ourselves here, Kansas is playing in a weak B12, they will more than likely have a pretty good conference record. And lets not forget what Kentucky did with AD, MKG, MT, KW, as freshman, and also with DL and TJ. Freshman can do it.
And they have Wiggins on their team.

Good. Stay the hell away from the ACC

I was interested in seeing what would happen if Wiggins went to Kentucky to add to the ridiculous collection Cal is going to try to manage next year. They just might implode anyway.

I took a quote from "The Last Boy Sc*&t" and changed some names to capture the disappointment in Kentucky.

I got every one of 'em in my hip pocket, except Wiggins. I tried to bribe that son of a bitch. He gave it back because it wasn't enough.

I was interested in seeing what would happen if Wiggins went to Kentucky to add to the ridiculous collection Cal is going to try to manage next year. They just might implode anyway.

As was I. I thought for sure the check would clear and he would be in Lexington.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom