Wildhack Needs To...... | Syracusefan.com

Wildhack Needs To......

Does anyone know how JBs contract is structured and/or how long the contract runs?

I want to see Jimmy gone as much or more than anybody else here, but to deny him a window of opportunity to resign/retire with respect is just flat out wrong.
Hasn’t he had long enough to do this gracefully and respectfully?

He could’ve gone out after the 2016 FF, 2018 or 2021 S16, or with his sons. Instead, he’s just making it so much worse. If he’s never going to announce his plans and just continues the spiral, what respect is he commanding?

I think JB legit loves coaching more than anything in the world. He loves Syracuse and truly believed he could make us better to hand off to the next guy. He obviously didn’t foresee this happening.
I’ve been a huge advocate of replacing him for a while now.
With that being said, I really hope he chooses to retire rather than being forced out.
I want to look back on JB fondly and not remember this crap show at the end of his career.

I think JB legit loves coaching more than anything in the world. He loves Syracuse and truly believed he could make us better to hand off to the next guy. He obviously didn’t foresee this happening.
With that being said, I really hope he chooses to retire rather than being forced out.
I want to look back on JB fondly and not remember this crap show at the end of his career.
This is the low point but I’m scared he could be REALLY embarrassed next year. Someone has to step in and stop it.

tell Jimmy a coaching search will begin on such and such a date.

Jimmy can then choose to honorably resign before that date or know he will be fired.

And, most importantly, Jimmy CANNOT be part of the search Committee.
Coaching search? Now? If he doesn’t already have a list, he shouid be fired. If anything, it should just be a matter of making the first formal contacts.

JB should be told to resign at the end of this season, and they should pay him for next season and the one after that, if he’s under contract for next year. He’s taken discounts for a long time, and as much as I want him out, I’d still be happy to have him go out with a generous severance. Provided he goes out with grace.

Last edited:
Probably not the way to handle the situation.

Or else WHAT? Jimmy will hold his breath and count to ten?
He has used up his good will.
That went out the door when his sons graduated, and then he continued to act like a pampered, privileged jerk in the press for major parts of this season.

This is the low point but I’m scared he could be REALLY embarrassed next year. Someone has to step in and stop it.
Yes I agree. If he coaches next season all the fond memories will be wiped and replaced by this BS. I hate that.

He would probably have to replace most of the entire roster with transfers and teach them the zone from scratch. Not to mention the lower quality transfers we would actually be able to get.

If he cares anything about his legacy and how he will be perceived by Cuse fans he will step down and call it a career as soon as the season ends.

He loves coaching SYRACUSE, and all the privilege that brings with it.

Just like Jim Calhoun loved coaching so much that he went back to coach at a Division 3 school, University of St. Joseph. He loved it so much that he quit after 2 years.

If Boeheim loves it so much, let's see if he'd like to coach Oswego State or Cayuga Community College in nearby Auburn after he hangs them up. Somehow, I think he'd prefer to be a respected commentator on TV.

Next year is going to be really bad regardless. Either it’s JB and a MAAC level roster or new HC in a transition period. If it’s JB coaching, I just can’t see how we win 10 games. Our 3 best players gone, a weak freshman class that may not even be returning in full, no impact recruits and the lack of desire to attack the portal. I’m not even sure how we avoid being Louisville barring some major shakeup.

Or else WHAT? Jimmy will hold his breath and count to ten?
He has used up his good will.
That went out the door when his sons graduated, and then he continued to act like a pampered, privileged jerk in the press for major parts of this season.
It's not about "or else". It's about being standup and not cowardly. If you're going to fire him, have the guts to fire him. You tell him, "we're going to let you go in 3 days (or pick a number, it doesn't really matter). We would prefer if you retire first." If he doesn't want to get fired, he retires.
It's the same result, but how you do it matters on a human level - not just for the current situation, but for future ones as well.
A wise person once told me to always try to give people a way to save face.

So I just don't really see what JB would come back for...

We have no real impact recruit for 2023 and wont be getting one...

JG3 - Jesse - Mintz - Benny all more than likely leaving
Bell - Will probably leave now also

Returns getting minutes Taylor and Brown. So at worst he would have to find 3-4 starters via the portal that is bare minimum. Those 3-4 player have to be ACC caliber players. Not Ivy League transfers that started once. All that has to happen just for us to be a decent team. JB who already hates recruiting does he really want to do that and can he really do that just to maybe be a tournament team.

Next year is going to be really bad regardless. Either it’s JB and a MAAC level roster or new HC in a transition period. If it’s JB coaching, I just can’t see how we win 10 games. Our 3 best players gone, a weak freshman class that may not even be returning in full, no impact recruits and the lack of desire to attack the portal. I’m not even sure how we avoid being Louisville barring some major shakeup.
No doubt. I’d rather give it a crack with a new coach going into the portal

There’s literally no point in running JB back out for another season with a depleted roster and watching him struggle to win 10 games. Non conference schedule is more difficult next year and the ACC will be better. It will be ugly to watch.

I can tolerate a rebuilding season under a new coach. At least we’d be building towards a better future.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom