Wildhack Presser July 9... | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Wildhack Presser July 9...

This is spot-on Orange Extreme. It's quite possible that JW was completely honest and things changed afterward. It has also come out that the reports of the ACC canceling OOC games were premature and that nothing has been decided yet.
People should stop making character judgments based on incomplete information.
John knows what he’s doing. this is all happening fast and I’m sure swofford prob did a quick interview off the record recognizing that OOC prob be cancelled.

the bigger existential issue is not football or basketball but these other sports which are being culled so hastily by schools w massive endowments. When Syracuse begins to go one for one w their title 9 sports it could get ugly and we may End up w only revenue sports which kinda sucks

Swofford and JW and the other ADs will not be making this decision. It's above their pay grade to the Board of Directors (presidents and chancellors).

Does anyone really believe that the B1G ADs made the decision to play only conference games?

The ACC gave each school 29.5 million last year.

If we can’t afford to pay the scholarships with that then we have a problem.

The AD could also take out a loan from a bank to pay for the scholarships and with those TV contracts coming in after this pandemic year they have the capital to pay back the loan.

One year of no revenue shouldn’t destroy Athletic departments or they spend too much money.

SU is money in and money out. No TV money, no scholarships

As much as I want to see football in September or October, I realistically can't see it happening this fall. There is just too much risk for college athletes that are Students, need to attend classes, mingle, etc. Pro football players can be isolated, but not college kids. I hope I'm wrong.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom