Wildhack: Why The Reference To Special Teams | Syracusefan.com

Wildhack: Why The Reference To Special Teams

BVille44

All Conference
Just curious why AD Wildhack specifically mentioned a head coach having coached “special teams”? I found this statement interesting.

Just curious why AD Wildhack specifically mentioned a head coach having coached “special teams”? I found this statement interesting.
i found it super fascinating. He wants to do the little things well. It's the Belichick school of thought. Do the little things well.

I think he's identifying someone who will teach the little things.

Someone on this site mentioned Bob Casullo. Please tell me he is not under consideration. He has not coached in 13 years.

I went back and watched it again. He made a point of referencing “special teams experience” as one of the qualifications.

Are you serious?
Well at least that helps narrow down the candidate field.

CASULLO!!!

Revenge Of The Sith Evil Laugh GIF by Star Wars

I think the replacement is settled on and ADJW is planting seeds of what he is looking for based off selected persons background.

I'm sure they are using a service to do the vetting but I think the choice is made and anything said or leaked now is spin to fit the background of the replacement.

In my optimistic moments I feel like it's a veiled reference to maximizing the Dome, since weather controlled conditions should be ideal for top flight kickers and punters, and if you're going to get the leg game down, midas whale be good at coverage and returns too.

What he said was, "I would also add to that if there's a candidate that has experience in specific teams, special teams is critically critically important in football. Special teams is kinda situational football as well."

Take from that what you will. It could mean experience as a special teams coach or perhaps, a HC with history of good special teams play.

Wildhack has had a lot of time to ponder what he wants in the next SUHC. He knows this choice will determine his legacy.

I would imagine he has had his eye on several targets and has already discussed them with Bob Beaudine. He will know who on that list is a "hard no" and who isn't in a few days. He will also get some surprises come over the transom as well.
Candidate agent's or even Beaudine will leak names to gauge fan base reaction. Of course, some will be pure BS simply looking for a raise from their current school.
We will probably identify those pretty easily.

I sense this will happen quickly.

Willie Fritz, Tulane was ST coach at Sam Houston State. Played at Pittsburgh State, coached on DC. Makes $2.5 million.
Many schools will be after him.

I want us to get control of the drive killing penalties (for us) and drive extending penalties (for them). I don’t think I’m over exaggerating but I bet stupid penalties has cost us a half dozen games over last 8 years

Willie Fritz, Tulane was ST coach at Sam Houston State. Played at Pittsburgh State, coached on DC. Makes $2.5 million.
Many schools will be after him.
I'd be thrilled with him, but don't think Wildhack will want him if he's focusing on NE experience. All I know is this guy wins anywhere and everywhere and for extended periods. I know he's 63, but think he could give us a good 7 years. He's gotten Tulane in the top 25 in consecutive years.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom