Will Alex O’Connell be the next Duke transfer? | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Will Alex O’Connell be the next Duke transfer?

Lol, those parents are going to make me side with Coach K. My goodness, could they be any more dramatic? Duke plays 6. They had better guys than your son. They won the championship. Shouldn’t have went there in the first place.

K is right in this situation. You don't send your ~30th ranked kid to Duke and not expect them to be challenged by a top-10 pick every year. And you certainly don't go to the coach mid-season to complain about playing time.

K is right in this situation. You don't send your ~30th ranked kid to Duke and not expect them to be challenged by a top-10 pick every year. And you certainly don't go to the coach mid-season to complain about playing time.

Yup. He runs his program how he runs it. I’m amazed that kids keep going there and then having a problem when they sit the bench. Don’t go there then! Go somewhere that you’ve got a better path to early PT if that’s the most important thing, or go somewhere where the coach typically goes deeper into his bench.

The biggest problem I have with the whole story is that Ojeleye's parents are there in K's office asking about his playing time. For god sakes, your kid is an adult. He needs to go talk to the coaching staff about his playing time, not mommy, daddy and big brother.

Have they been in to see Brad Stevens on his behalf yet?

I'm on record for Zion being a total bust. he can't shoot!
DcUkXwnU8AIgFOU.jpg

This years Rookie of the Year says hello

He’s not a rookie

It's his first pro season and he's probably 20-22 years old. How is that not a rookie?

This isn't like the Japanese players coming over in their late 20s and early 30s after playing pro ball for years.

I've yet to hear one good argument on how he isn't a rookie.

I think the right choice was made, and St. Mike could have been more congenial

Last edited:
It's his first pro season and he's probably 20-22 years old. How is that not a rookie?

This isn't like the Japanese players coming over in their late 20s and early 30s after playing pro ball for years.

It’s his 2nd year with the team. He was drafted in the 2016 NBA draft.

image.jpg

The biggest problem I have with the whole story is that Ojeleye's parents are there in K's office asking about his playing time. For god sakes, your kid is an adult. He needs to go talk to the coaching staff about his playing time, not mommy, daddy and big brother.

Have they been in to see Brad Stevens on his behalf yet?

Sounds like Moyer's helicopter parents

You won't. It doesn't exist.

I think the right choice was made, and St. Mike could have been more congenial
Agreed - I have no problem with a coach recruiting over players. It's not like he took away his scholarship and Semi got the opportunity to thrive somewhere else. But it's pretty bad if he was really yelling at the mother like that.

Rumor is he was healthy at the end of the season and could have played but chose not to because of a financial incentive to try to win rookie of the year.

If true... that's lame and doesn't disqualify him by the letter of the law, but seriously.

Rumor is he was healthy at the end of the season and could have played but chose not to because of a financial incentive to try to win rookie of the year.

If true... that's lame and doesn't disqualify him by the letter of the law, but seriously.

I would be little surprised by that, I could see Philly not playing him to lose more games or something like that. I think it would be a little lame. Then again, how much money we talking here? (https://www.usatoday.com/story/spor...shoe-contract-no-1-pick-ben-simmons/86491236/)

I also know in baseball there are sometimes cases where teams will shut down rookies at the end of a season so they retain rookie eligibility for the next season. I assume for the NBA you are only rookie eligible the first year you play?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom