will any bowls WANT psu? | Syracusefan.com

will any bowls WANT psu?

Timonen

All Conference
why would any sponsors want to be aligned with that kind of publicity?

not sure what kind of obligation bowls are under, but if a sponsor says "if we're forced to take PSU, you'll never see our money again" there could be some real fallout.

not sure what kind of obligation bowls are under, but if a sponsor says "if we're forced to take PSU, you'll never see our money again" there could be some real fallout.

I believe based on the rules such as having to take a team that has at least two more wins than another team that someone with a Big Ten tie-in may have to take Penn State.

I'd hope they go to the Motor City Bowl in Detroit to deal with all of the Michigan/MSU locals.

Penn State is becoming toxic, and not just to bowls. If you catch my drift.

big 10's loyalty isn't going to be to psu on this one. it'll be to their sponsors and the bowls they're aligned with. i have a sense they will "suggest" that psu self-impose a bowl ban this year while they get their house in order.

big 10's loyalty isn't going to be to psu on this one. it'll be to their sponsors and the bowls they're aligned with. i have a sense they will "suggest" that psu self-impose a bowl ban this year while they get their house in order.

That would be the right thing to do.

can you imagine the signs if they did gameday at a PSU road game?

If they can Paterno quickly...yes. A bowl will still want them. If they can Paterno quickly (like now), that will give over 1.5 mos. for this to calm down a bit. PSU will still have a huge fan base who will watch on TV and travel to the game...no matter what happens... but even more so if PSU does the right thing now. And I think the position of head coach will be very enticing for a lot of coaches. If you are the new guy, you will be looked at as the knight in shining armor. You are the guy that will straighten things out. That's why they have to choose someone with no ties to the program...or at least to the period of time when sandusky was there.

I really doubt they'll even need to suggest it. It kinda looks like the BOT is split, but the big boys are starting to assert control - which is why Paterno will not be coaching Saturday and Penn State will be issuing a press release declining to participate in a bowl this season while they focus on more important issues. The last thing anyone tied to Penn State that lives outside the State College bubble wants is more publicity...and going to a bowl game guarantees that you'll get exactly that.

maybe the Michael Jackson Bowl will take them

yes - Penn State will still get a good bowl game - hell, this will probably drive ratings for said bowl game, especially if JoePa lasts that long and it's his final game

yes - Penn State will still get a good bowl game - hell, this will probably drive ratings for said bowl game, especially if JoePa lasts that long and it's his final game
Unfortunately I agree with this ^^^^^

Some good coaches will be going down with this ship too - Bradley and Johnson however I do feel like they must have known about this situation as long-time coaches therefore I wish them into football obscurity.

I feel bad for the players at PSU as this situation is totally out of their control and didn't sign up for this debacle.

ratings are one thing. ratings with the story focused on child rape isn't something any sponsor wants to be signing up for.

Yes. They travel well and get ratings. I'm not under the impression that bowls care about anything except $$$$$$$ at the end of the day.

Ratings don't mean much if no one wants to advertise in the program.

Ratings don't mean much if no one wants to advertise in the program.
all these years later, maybe it's a good thing that we didn't join an eastern league with them. would've depended on them too much and this disgusting carpet gets pulled out and takes us out too

do not care about who wants psu---who wants us is the question?

One I guarantee won't want them is the Meineke Car Care Bowl of Texas (B12 vs B10), who is aligned with the DePelchin Children's Center of Houston as the Bowl's honored charitable beneficiary. Can you imagine the PR nightmare of JoPa and staff doing the rounds in some sick kid's hospital room?