Will SU be favored over Louisville? | Syracusefan.com

Will SU be favored over Louisville?

690West

Moneyline Master
Sagarin only has SU about a 1.5 pt favorite. He's usually not too far off. Wow. Dogfight.

I agree - I kind of expect the same game we saw in Louisville two years ago. Hopefully, the offense continues where it left off against WVU.

The 2009 game at Louisville and this year's Rutgers game are really the only two where I felt we should have won the game easily and lost both.

The game next Saturday is very important - hopefully the Orange comes to play.

I haven't seen them this year. What kind of team are they? Are they big and physical? Those are the teams that concern me. When I saw the preview in the P/S for the WVU game I noticed how small their d-line was and wondered if we'd be able to take advantage of that (I never thought we'd do what we did). We'll be more rested this year for the 'ville so hopefully they can't out physical us like they did last year.

They have a very good D

and their Frosh QB is comparable to Geno Smith last year

I expect a lot of power football from both teams

We need to come out with swagger that we can move the ball on this team. Let's play with the mindset of a team that just crushed a top-15 squad. Play conservative when the situation calls for it, but CERTAINLY don't go back into your shell of being afraid to make mistakes against an offensively challenged team.

How important was Anthony Conner to their defense?

The times I have seen L'ville this year they have looked tough, a very spirited team but not a lot of talent. I have a lot of respect for Charlie Strong, he coaches a good game, but that team is penalized A LOT and have a couple of bad losses at Florida International and Marshall.

Given our ability to play better on the road than at home, and given our win on Friday, I think we are favored by 3.5.

and their Frosh QB is comparable to Geno Smith last year

Absolutely not. Bridgewater has 800 yards in 7 games and 5 TD's. I think he's more athletic than Geno is, but there is no comparison between these two. Ville will run the ball, and play tough D. They're so young, we'll be able to blitz on passing downs, but need to hold down the running game.

he did not start all 7

also -- I compare them in the sense that if we get to him early he will get rattled easy.

Rutgers and Syracuse are pretty equal and last week Louisville was a 1.5/2 point favorite against Rutgers. I believe our line will be pretty similar plus Louisville beat us at home last year. However, Louisville will not be able to A gap blitz us as easily this year because we can shotgun and last year we didn't shotgun.

Unfortunately I think this game will be very close and a toss-up. If we come out and dominate and win fairly big I will consider it a turning point. That might sound stupid b/c it's UL but we've beaten good teams, on the road, in games we weren't even supposed to be competitive but then we've looked below average against teams like UL, UConn or any of our (should be easy) OOC scheduled teams.

the last 3 years this team has struggled when the other teams oline could just pound us or the other team had dynamic players that our DBs couldnt handle. in a couple cases the Qb was scrambling and killed us.. these next 2 teams dont have any of these..

we need to just limit the gifts.

Did they lose a lot from their o-line last year? If not, then the fact that they pounded us pretty good last year is a little scary.

the last 3 years this team has struggled when the other teams oline could just pound us or the other team had dynamic players that our DBs couldnt handle. in a couple cases the Qb was scrambling and killed us.. these next 2 teams dont have any of these..

we need to just limit the gifts.

Did they lose a lot from their o-line last year? If not, then the fact that they pounded us pretty good last year is a little scary.

Both Guards are Freshman. Don't think the starting LT started last year either.

Both Guards are Freshman. Don't think the starting LT started last year either.

Nice. That makes me feel better. It seems like Strong has done a good job making them into a physical team though, similar to Marrone. It could be an interesting game.

very strange line.. UL comes off a win as a slight favorite, pretty even game, lucky to win with several rutgers mistakes, TO's, missed FGs. SU comes off a huge upset and a couple weeks off what should have been a pounding of rutgers.

why would we be bigger dogs than Rutgers? does this point to expected let down? i like it because it should keep the team motivated and hopefully avoid a let down.

I would have thought Su by 2 and maybe a pickem not UL by 4.

I think one of the keys is going to be shutting down Josh Chichester. That guy seems to always play well against SU. In 2009, he scored the only touchdown in that 10-9 loss. Painful day.

Line has settled in at +3.5 for now. We'll see

I think we should be favored. I think we have more speed on both sides of the ball, and our lines are playing very well right now.

I think one of the keys is going to be shutting down Josh Chichester. That guy seems to always play well against SU. In 2009, he scored the only touchdown in that 10-9 loss. Painful day.

My roommate has been complaining about him as an SU killer all season.

Unfortunately this would be the classic let down game.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom