Will SU not want Rutgers | Syracusefan.com

Will SU not want Rutgers

Jamesvillecuse

2nd String
to join ACC like BC AD didn't want UCONN? Like Post Standard article said between Rutgers and SU, SU would look a lot more attractive to a recruit now that we are in the ACC and going to be on ESPN multiple times a year

Would we have to wait a requisite amount of time before we had the power to vote to block a team? I had heard 27 months thrown out there but not sure if that’s true.

I also remember hearing that when we joined the ACC asked us who we’d want, which seems hard to believe at this stage since they were done expanding at that point.

I would take Rutgers if it got Notre Dame into the conference. Atleast we would get them in the Dome rather than in Metlife Stadium.

It's obvious rutgers doesn't want to ACC. Read anything you ant. Forums, twitter, facebook etc. All they do is rip the hell out of the wussy ACC and cry lawsuits. If they do end up in the ACC, I'd like to see what those 2 faced people will say. I would hope they would decry joining the ACC. Hell, when we got sitiffed the first time around, we were peeved, but we didn't take it out on the ACC. 99% of us who wanted to go to the ACC then, still wanted to after we got screwed and did until we got in. But in typical rutgers fashion, they will whine and cry and blame everyone else and trash the wrong people. They laugh at the whole BC/UConn thing but they want to do the same thing.

i don't like you
LOL Dude I don't like Rutgers either but if the ACC could get Notre Dame then it the 16th would most likely come from UConn or Rutgers. I don't want Rutgers in the ACC, but if it could get Notre Dame then it may be worth it. You make it sound like I would take Rutgers without getting Notre Dame.

Notre Dame, along with UCONN, works for me. PSU and Notre Dame would be even better.

to join ACC like BC AD didn't want UCONN? Like Post Standard article said between Rutgers and SU, SU would look a lot more attractive to a recruit now that we are in the ACC and going to be on ESPN multiple times a year
--------------------------

Obviously this will end up being an ACC decision. But there is zero doubt that within 5 years or so RU will be in either the ACC or Big 10.

From an ACC perspective:

The goal would be to consolidate the footprint of a north-south coastal conference and monetize the TV media coverage and payout.

RU is the only State BCS school in NJ. It's located in the heart of the NYC-NJ metro region; it has a good stadium, is an AAU research University, and its football team is certainly competitive and regional rivalries and games are the heart of college football. With 4 schools in NC and 2 in VA, and competing in FL-SC against SEC schools, the ACC needs markets to maximize its value.

If the ACC doesn't act, the Big 10 in good time is likely to; RU is located next to PSU and is a logical extension of their footprint.

From an SU perspective:
RU is a much more interesting regional school to me than BC; SU has a lot of alumni, donors, students, potential students, potential recuits in the NY metro region and thus away games at RU in combination with the Meadowlands game are a major bonus for SU to maintain regional visibility; a financially strong, regionally interesting conference is strongly in SU's benefit.

It's not even close.

Notre Dame, along with UCONN, works for me. PSU and Notre Dame would be even better.
PSU? Think about what you are asking for, PSU is going to leave the BIG 10 for the ACC? THE BIG 10!!!!! There is 0.0% chance of this happeneing. And ND joining the ACC over the Big 10 is even less of a chance. Oh and btw, looking forward to the game...

Yes, I agree that the Domers and PSU are extremely unlikely.

I'd be down for WVU and UCONN as well. Unfortunately, that also has about a 0.005% chance of happening. Duke, UNC and UVA won't have anything to do with you guys until your SAT scores go up and your admission rate goes way down.

SU has no voice in the ACC though. We are now along for the ride. This isn't the Big Eat where we had a say in these things.

Does SU currently have voting rights in two leagues?

PSU? Think about what you are asking for, PSU is going to leave the BIG 10 for the ACC? THE BIG 10!!!!! There is 0.0% chance of this happeneing. And ND joining the ACC over the Big 10 is even less of a chance. Oh and btw, looking forward to the game...

FFS man, can you tell some kids to go to class so you guys can go to the ACC. If there is one other BE team I'd want without a moments hesitation WVU it is. I dont even care that luck is a jackass, I'll enjoy playing you guys long after he's gone. Regional, competitive, fan base, rivalries all good... just need to fudge the academic numbers a bit. Make it happen!

--------------------------

Obviously this will end up being an ACC decision. But there is zero doubt that within 5 years or so RU will be in either the ACC or Big 10.

From an ACC perspective:

The goal would be to consolidate the footprint of a north-south coastal conference and monetize the TV media coverage and payout.

RU is the only State BCS school in NJ. It's located in the heart of the NYC-NJ metro region; it has a good stadium, is an AAU research University, and its football team is certainly competitive and regional rivalries and games are the heart of college football. With 4 schools in NC and 2 in VA, and competing in FL-SC against SEC schools, the ACC needs markets to maximize its value.

If the ACC doesn't act, the Big 10 in good time is likely to; RU is located next to PSU and is a logical extension of their footprint.

From an SU perspective:
RU is a much more interesting regional school to me than BC; SU has a lot of alumni, donors, students, potential students, potential recuits in the NY metro region and thus away games at RU in combination with the Meadowlands game are a major bonus for SU to maintain regional visibility; a financially strong, regionally interesting conference is strongly in SU's benefit.

It's not even close.

Spot on...before you ever play a down in the ACC our future will most likely be decided. It would be better for SU if RU lands in the ACC over the Big 10.

It won't matter what conference RU joins as long as Shady remains their coach.

Spot on...before you ever play a down in the ACC our future will most likely be decided. It would be better for SU if RU lands in the ACC over the Big 10.
Unless Notre Dame makes a move, Rutgers is going nowhere. Even if Notre Dame makes a move, Rutgers is unlikely to be going somewhere.

Let's say you are correct (unlikely) and sometime soon ND ends 60 years of courting by the Big Ten and ACC and decides to join one of them.

If ND joins the ACC, UConn is far more likely to be school 16 than RU is. They clearly want a stronger basketball league and there is no comparison on this.

If ND joins the Big Ten, Missouri will be taken before Rutgers. I believe the only reason Missouri has not taken the SEC offer yet is because they are willing to wait at least one more year for ND to make up their mind, so their dream of playing in the Big Ten might be realized.

Your best hope is for the ACC to get raided by the SEC so it becomes desperate for schools, or for Missouri to join the SEC, and later, ND to join the Big Ten.

If say the ACC lost FSU and V Tech, I am not sure they would add schools like UConn and RU...they would still have 12. But it is possible.

If the Missouri to the SEC, ND to the Big 10 scenario happens, maybe the Big Ten would take a 16th school (it ran for a long time with an odd number of schools before and might well do it again given the lack of attractive options available). But if they decide it is imperative that they get to 16, maybe they would select RU (though UConn, Kansas and other schools like Maryland, Pitt and Syracuse might be more attractive and be willing to leave better situations than RU had).

What do you see happening to rescue Rutgers?

Notre Dame, along with UCONN, works for me.

I agree but as a military strategist...Rutgirls makes more sense. Rutgirls in the ACC slows the Big10 advance at the Delaware Water Gap and by adding in Notre Dame and Cuse influence in NNJ it would severely weaken penetration by the B10 horde into the NYC market...if the ACC doesn't grab them (Rutgirls) the B10 could add them and make a claim for NYC too. Cuse/Notre Dame/UConn vs PSU/Rutgirls would leave NYC in a bloody stalemate.

LOL just read sufan's response...sounds like we agree...but mine sounds more like fun.

You're going to stay in the Big East and like it.

I agree but as a military strategist...Rutgirls makes more sense. Rutgirls in the ACC slows the Big10 advance at the Delaware Water Gap and by adding in Notre Dame and Cuse influence in NNJ it would severely weaken penetration by the B10 horde into the NYC market...if the ACC doesn't grab them (Rutgirls) the B10 could add them and make a claim for NYC too. Cuse/Notre Dame/UConn vs PSU/Rutgirls would leave NYC in a bloody stalemate.

LOL just read sufan's response...sounds like we agree...but mine sounds more like fun.

I've said that forever. We may want rutgers to die on the vine, but given the option of B10 or ACC, we would prefer rutgers in the ACC. Not because of rutgers and what it does for them, but because the B10 already recruits the NE and with rutgers that only gives the PSU's, Michigan's, Iowa's more access into NJ/NYC.

You're going to stay in the Big East and like it.

I'd say the New New Big East (C-USA II) is a good spot for them on their inexorable way back to the Patriot League.

The Big Ten is already in the NYC market. Big Ten games are among the most watched and are on in prime time.

Rutgers wasn't even part of the conversation when the ACC added SU and Pitt instead of UConn. We have had three expansions since 2003 involving the ACC or the Big Ten. Rutgers wasn't a player in an of these.

How much more evidence do you need? Nobody wants them. The NJ/NYC television market for Rutgers football doesn't exist. There was interest in 2006 beause of the uniqueness of the story of "Doormat becomes competitive".

It's hard to predict these things, but as someone who has been following expansion very closely for the last couple of years, I'd be VERY worried if I were a Rutgers fan.

Screw RU Screw ND they are both fine where they are. Really don't know why so many folks think ND is needed. They are just another overrated Big 10 school. The SEC is sure as hell not begging them.