Will SU not want Rutgers | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Will SU not want Rutgers

You cant tell right now.
It depends how the northeast holds up. As in do they end up in a Big10 like conference or a MAAC like one.

Reguardless if I was Marrone I would be all over the jersey and NY recruits right now. Signing ahead of time.

SU's move to the ACC will indirectly help Rutgers. Currently most SU games not on ESPN are carried live in NYC metro area by SNY. If you notice, SU and UConn games are rarely scheduled for the same time. That way SNY shows both the SU and UConn games live. RU games are rarely carried live. SNY replays a tape of their games the next day. I would anticipate that after SU moves to the ACC, SNY will drop coverage of SU and show the RU games as SNY is affiliated with the BE Network. It is imperative that SU line up a NYC affiliate to TV our games in the NY metro area when we begin play in the ACC to maintain our media exposure.

SU's move to the ACC will indirectly help Rutgers. Currently most SU games not on ESPN are carried live in NYC metro area by SNY. If you notice, SU and UConn games are rarely scheduled for the same time. That way SNY shows both the SU and UConn games live. RU games are rarely carried live. SNY replays a tape of their games the next day. I would anticipate that after SU moves to the ACC, SNY will drop coverage of SU and show the RU games as SNY is affiliated with the BE Network. It is imperative that SU line up a NYC affiliate to TV our games in the NY metro area when we begin play in the ACC to maintain our media exposure.

I would say YES but unlike SNY their baseball team is normally playing in October so it could be problematic. You think WPIX or WOR would be an option? We need something found nationwide on Cable and Sat TV lineups.

I would say YES but unlike SNY their baseball team is normally playing in October so it could be problematic. You think WPIX or WOR would be an option? We need something found nationwide on Cable and Sat TV lineups.
How about MSG? Or are they tied to the BE because of the BET?

SU has no voice in the ACC though. We are now along for the ride. This isn't the Big Eat where we had a say in these things.

A whole heap of good our "say" in the BE had over the years. Rules changed to keep SU out of higher bowl games, teams we favored for expansion shot down, unbalanced schedule in BBall that clearly did not favor us most of the time, midweek games in the Dome, so that other teams could hope to draw 8,000 fans in THEIR stadium for weekend games. Shall I go on?

The regular season on YES ends the same time as regular season on SNY. The playoffs are night games on TBS/FOX, so YES would not carry them. At best YES would have a pre and post game show. But since the games are at night, our noon tier 3 games (non ABC/ESPN/ESPN2/ESPNU) would not conflict with the Yanks.

Plus I rather be associated with the Yanks than the Mets any day. Not to mention YES is available in a lot more markets, adding more exposure.

Good point Sal...(Oct games are network). I think TGD needs to send our TV smart people to NYC for a discussion. Maybe we could get the Raycom folks involved too.

ACC games of the week in DC are on over the air channels. Would prolly be the same for NYS soon enough, hopefully.

ACC games of the week in DC are on over the air channels. Would prolly be the same for NYS soon enough, hopefully.

Talk about good timing...CW6 in Syracuse literally signed on to carry ACC games about a week prior to the SU announcement back in Sept...I bet TWC is pissed.

Talk about good timing...CW6 in Syracuse literally signed on to carry ACC games about a week prior to the SU announcement back in Sept...I bet TWC is pissed.
We have no idea about the duration of that relationship. It may just be for this year. We'll see.

The NYC market will be interesting. I'm sure TGD is on top of it. SNY & YES are both in the same out-of-area sports package on DirecTV. For some reason, DiSH Networks' lineup card shows neither, though I had access to SNY when I was with DiSH previously.

I don't think it matters much which, but it is imperative that the ACC Network get picked up by YES or SNY. I would prefer YES as it is the most watched regional sports network and they have more time to show all the content we need to get out there...

Live Syracuse games, the coaches show, the weekly ACC show, replays of Syracuse games, the ACC game of the week, and hopefully a weekly 'rush hour' condensed version of ecah SU football game (this could be done for hoops as well).

Playoff games are never on YES? Conflicting schedules aren't a problem.

When Rutgers and East Carolina get together you can throw out the records.

The Big Ten ain't walking through that door and the ACC ain't walking through that door.

The only reason they expanded was to shore up the conference and we brought the most to the table.

When will Rutgers learn that they bring nothing and nobody cares about them.

I don't think it matters much which, but it is imperative that the ACC Network get picked up by YES or SNY.

You can bet that it will, and once it does, there is ZERO reason for the ACC to add either Rutgers or UConn.

Or you can bet that if the ACC starts it's own network like the Big Ten, that it will also be on basic cable in New York.

When Rutgers and East Carolina get together you can throw out the records.

emot-lol.gif

I believe it's East Crackerlina.

I don't think it matters much which, but it is imperative that the ACC Network get picked up by YES or SNY. I would prefer YES as it is the most watched regional sports network and they have more time to show all the content we need to get out there...

Live Syracuse games, the coaches show, the weekly ACC show, replays of Syracuse games, the ACC game of the week, and hopefully a weekly 'rush hour' condensed version of ecah SU football game (this could be done for hoops as well).

Nail on the head. YES does nothing more than show Yankee reruns, Francesa, and other bad interviews by Michael Kay. There is so much available programming space on YES it's disgusting, especially because Football and Basketball only overlap for about half the NCAA football season - and YES won't have the rights to Yankee playoff games, so starting in October there's a ton of airtime ready to be eaten up. I'd rather show a 1-hour replay of a Syracuse game from the past week than some June 1973 comeback by the Yankees.

Nail on the head. YES does nothing more than show Yankee reruns, Francesa, and other bad interviews by Michael Kay. There is so much available programming space on YES it's disgusting, especially because Football and Basketball only overlap for about half the NCAA football season - and YES won't have the rights to Yankee playoff games, so starting in October there's a ton of airtime ready to be eaten up. I'd rather show a 1-hour replay of a Syracuse game from the past week than some June 1973 comeback by the Yankees.

Well they do have the Nets. That could cause and issue for our BBall games. SNY has no NBA.

The ACC Network Game of the Week is not the same as the SU coverage currently on SNY. I don't want to get the UNC-Wake game, I want to see the SU game.