Will Syracuse be matched up with Washington in the first round? | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Will Syracuse be matched up with Washington in the first round?

Will Syracuse be matched up with Washington in the first round?

• Yes

Votes: 42 47.2%
  • NO

Votes: 47 52.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Can't see anybody in the NCAA, the networks or anywhere else wanting a Syracuse/Gonzaga match-up in the second round. Syracuse is too dangerous and they can't afford the only strong western team getting knocked out and killing that demographic.
tenor.gif

By next Friday we shall see if grasshopper can snatch the pebble from master’s hand.

I honestly think UW is going to lose to the winner of UA/USC on Thursday and play themselves out of the 8/9 game. They’ve fallen apart over the last 3 weeks.
Bid stealer could easily come from the pac12

Both teams will probably need to win game 1 of their conference tournaments to get that to happen. If either get a bad loss they may fall from their current 8/9 line to a 10.
so maybe a 10/7 game

I truly believe this is going to happen. What a time to be alive!!!!

it really is one of those teacher vs. student matchups the committee seems to love putting together. would prefer not to play them just because Hop is beyond familiar with our zone and they practice it every day like we do. Then again, maybe Hop will coach like our football players played against their old buddy Shafer in 2017 and it blows up on them. ;)

Sign me up for UW then Gonzaga.

Due to seeding, it won’t be easy given our recent refusal of regular season basketball, but with the way we’re playing, this is a path I can definitely see us taking to the Sweet 16.

That is my concern. Would rather play teams not familiar with us, but then again, we are familiar with Hopkins. What a time to be alive!!

The NCAA constantly says they don't do these things on purpose. I don't believe that whatsoever. Too many of these type of matchups pop up.

If they do: "Of course they were matched up, the NCAA LOVES doing stuff like this"
If they aren't: "...."

I honestly really don't think the committee thinks about this stuff all that much. there's a ton of stuff they need to worry about first

Washington is fading fast. I'd love to play them.

I think UW would have beaten SU if the game was 6-7 weeks ago but they peaked and haven’t played well for a long time.

Same thing happened last year where they limped to the finish line and squandered wins against Kansas and Arizona by losing to some Pac12 bottom feeders at the end of the year.

I think SU would beat them now, although I’d be worried about Thybulle having a banner defensive game against Howard and Battle.

I think UW would have beaten SU if the game was 6-7 weeks ago but they peaked and haven’t played well for a long time.

Same thing happened last year where they limped to the finish line and squandered wins against Kansas and Arizona by losing to some Pac12 bottom feeders at the end of the year.

I think SU would beat them now, although I’d be worried about Thybulle having a banner defensive game against Howard and Battle.
I'd rather play them this year than next year...

I think if UW wins their tourney they will be a 7 seed. A loss today or tomorrow probably an 8 or 9 seed. Got a feeling the committee will jump at the chance to either matchup UW and Syracuse, or somehow make UW an 8/9 and put the Zags in their bracket.

I'll be curious to see how much emphasis is placed on NET. If so, we drop to a 10 more likely and avoid the 1 seed in second round. I'm honestly fine with that and it's a lot easier for committee than trying to schedule us around the one non ACC one seed.

as of this morning the commitee (via Andy Katz) said 30 of 34 at large teams and 4 seed lines have been seeded

as of this morning the commitee (via Andy Katz) said 30 of 34 at large teams and 4 seed lines have been seeded
there are 36 at larges so maybe theyre leaving last 2 slots until later in case of bif thiefs

sorry I was wrong, He said 32 of 36 have been chosen. with 30 teams under consideration for those last spots.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom