Will there be a season?

• Yes. We'll have a full season.

Votes: 18 7.4%
  • No. Moving on to Spring.

Votes: 154 63.6%
  • Yes, But it will be cut short.

Votes: 70 28.9%

• Total voters
It only takes one college football player dying to be one to many. I don't think that's a risk any of these universities, or I, would want to take.
[/QUOTE
I tried to attach a picture but it’s to large
I pulled up dozens of pics of hundreds of college kids out partying all over the country
Shoulder to shoulder ! So how is sitting in a classroom 6 feet apart with mask or playing a sport with face shields any different? I’ll tell you it’s different because it’s safer to be in school and playing then hanging out . no if ands or butts about it . And if by chance there are any quarantining kids out there that don’t feel safe then opt for online but I doubt there’s many .

The schools don't have liability if the kids are at home and get sick.

When they are on campus the schools are responsible for the safety of the students and their employees and have to deal with the risk and liability of an outbreak.

The schools don't have liability if the kids are at home and get sick.

When they are on campus the schools are responsible for the safety of the students and their employees and have to deal with the risk and liability of an outbreak.
Understood, but it really can’t be proven
Can someone sue if they get the flu and die ?

It's a big enough issue that they are asking for liability protection in the next stimulus bill.

Without liability protection, they'd be crazy to open.

I could see community members suing as well, for welcoming the petri dish. Its one of the single best ways to spread the virus quickly to the area. Logically, that's what should happen.

Last edited:

...and here. we. go.

You want to force these kids to play a season, here's what's going to start happening. Can't see Cisco playing another down for us if this picks up steam.

Without liability protection, they'd be crazy to open.

I could see community members suing as well, for welcoming the petri dish. Its one of the single best ways to spread the virus quickly to the area. Logically, that's what should happen.
I live 2 1/2 miles from campus, so I am not happy. I also have season football and basketball tickets, so I am not happy.

I am not happy.

i really think it depends on the school though.. if they have a solid testing program i think they can get thru the yr to spring. its not like many campuses have been empty this whole time.. I know our while kids have not been on campus they have been in the community at a pretty good percentage and never went home

I think society has kind of blown it. People got all tired of wearing masks a couple months ago, plus we had the dingbat at the beginning discouraging people from being safe, and now this stuff isn't going to go away for quite a while, I'm afraid.

They keep shoveling money to the banks; how about money to schools so everyone is as safe as going for a doctor visit? If you can't do that, there can't be school. If colleges try to charge $75K for online classes, a growing percentage of kids are just going to take the year off. Forget the athletes for a minute; colleges face a crisis of attendance. It's already August and it's still getting worse. I thought we would have been smart enough to have capped this by now.

i think the number of kids taking the yr off is way over blown. i know many schools have seen an uptick because they goal is to graduate for most kids and getting your degree got easier online.. very small number of kids care about learning more of something almost none of them will use once they get done.

some schools have tried to lower the FR class to make dorm issues less, but in talking to a lot of kids gap yrs really add issues at some schools and who knows if things will be better and you maybe screw up 2 yrs and really get out of sequence with school and your friends

Last edited:
I think society has kind of blown it. People got all tired of wearing masks a couple months ago, plus we had the dingbat at the beginning discouraging people from being safe, and now this stuff isn't going to go away for quite a while, I'm afraid.

They keep shoveling money to the banks; how about money to schools so everyone is as safe as going for a doctor visit? If you can't do that, there can't be school. If colleges try to charge $75K for online classes, a growing percentage of kids are just going to take the year off. Forget the athletes for a minute; colleges face a crisis of attendance. It's already August and it's still getting worse. I thought we would have been smart enough to have capped this by now.
Most people aren't tired of wearing masks. The issue is the 25% or so that think the mask infringes on their freedoms. This country has 100% blown it and unless we do an Italy style lockdown we're living with this for another 6 months until there is HOPEFULLY a vaccine.

Most people aren't tired of wearing masks. The issue is the 25% or so that think the mask infringes on their freedoms. This country has 100% blown it and unless we do an Italy style lockdown we're living with this for another 6 months until there is HOPEFULLY a vaccine.

I'll take the over on 6 months. Let me know how much i can wager.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom