Will there be a season?

• Yes. We'll have a full season.

Votes: 18 7.4%
  • No. Moving on to Spring.

Votes: 154 63.6%
  • Yes, But it will be cut short.

Votes: 70 28.9%

• Total voters
Kids by no means are forced to play they can opt out and retrain eligibility or go to nfl .
These athletes are paid a qtr million to play .
Football has tremendous financial impact on millions of people not just the universities.
Any player can opt out , any coach or staffer what ever stay home and file for un employment . It’s fair because you have choice it’s not fair when you don’t
You and I both know that 99% of the kids at SU cannot make the NFL without a season, so it's not much of a choice, is it? You're forced to play if you want exposure. The players shouldn't be making this decision. The schools should be putting player safety (and their families' safety) above profits and they aren't.

You and I both know that 99% of the kids at SU cannot make the NFL without a season, so it's not much of a choice, is it? You're forced to play if you want exposure. The players shouldn't be making this decision. The schools should be putting player safety (and their families' safety) above profits and they aren't.
You can get the same exposure with your saved eligibility next year or the next in some cases . I think all our opinions are moot
We might find out bad news as soon as tomorrow and even if they put out a schedule or delayed schedule it’s day to day anyway

You can get the same exposure with your saved eligibility next year or the next in some cases . I think all our opinions are moot
We might find out bad news as soon as tomorrow and even if they put out a schedule or delayed schedule it’s day to day anyway
What's tomorrow? I've heard they'll let you sit out, but nothing in regards to eligibility.

These athletes are on campus and if the season plays out and bowls they won’t be home till New Years and not seeing there grand parents for 7 months !!!! but if there home at the beach’s , friends backyard pools , small hangouts etc
which everyone of them is doing they go home everyday to there grand Parents !!
Do you agree with that fact ???

There’s a decent chance that half the colleges in the US will go virtual by October. It’s unlikely that schools that go fully online will have sports.

What's tomorrow? I've heard they'll let you sit out, but nothing in regards to eligibility.
Supposedly ACC and others are supposed to crap or get off the pot tomorrow or Friday the latest . Real camp starts August 7th having the “risk “ of close contact without a season in not to smart . My gut says they announce a revised schedule pushed back a week or 2 but that’s just a hunch .

There’s a decent chance that half the colleges in the US will go virtual by October. It’s unlikely that schools that go fully online will have sports.

Anything is possible

The groups in the article had average ages of 49 and 85, so not college football aged people.
The 85 year olds were done by autopsy.

The 49 year olds--that is an average. You can bet there were 30-somehings or younger in that group.

In any case, it's all very preliminary--but not encouraging.

The 85 year olds were done by autopsy.

The 49 year olds--that is an average. You can bet there were 30-somehings or younger in that group.

In any case, it's all very preliminary--but not encouraging.

Sure, and understood. Not sure how relevant that is to players (I can see for coaches, etc)

They should really just go with an 8 game season that they hope to start mid oct.. then if things fall apart quick they havent commited to starting anything until mid sept. if they get thru mid sept then they can see how a season might go.. why start and shut down if colleges cant deal with it.. unless the goal is to have just the athletes on campus and everything else virtual and that also could work.

Supposedly ACC and others are supposed to crap or get off the pot tomorrow or Friday the latest . Real camp starts August 7th having the “risk “ of close contact without a season in not to smart . My gut says they announce a revised schedule pushed back a week or 2 but that’s just a hunch .

Stall game . Understandable . We will have an answer before fall camp August 7th . Good news is we at least get the 2 weeks of walk throughs

I'd love to see them have camp. They are essentially in a bubble. The bubble breaks when students return.

I'd love to see them have camp. They are essentially in a bubble. The bubble breaks when students return.
Maybe this is far fetched but maybe after a summer of partying most students hopefully already had it and went undetected ? Grasping I know

No season.

No spring season.

See you in the fall of 2021. Maybe.

This was not presented as an option but it makes the most sense. A football season in the spring followed by another in the fall will be too much for the kids. And how do we know things will be different in the spring than they were in the fall?

Last edited:
These athletes are on campus and if the season plays out and bowls they won’t be home till New Years and not seeing there grand parents for 7 months !!!! but if there home at the beach’s , friends backyard pools , small hangouts etc
which everyone of them is doing they go home everyday to there grand Parents !!
Do you agree with that fact ???
It only takes one college football player dying to be one to many. I don't think that's a risk any of these universities, or I, would want to take.

Thread

Looks like they'll all go home in a few weeks. When they hit 100 with symptoms, the real # should be 500-1000?

Looks like getting 1 month of room and board is driving the bus.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom