• Yes. We'll have a full season.

Votes: 18 7.4%
  • No. Moving on to Spring.

Votes: 154 63.6%
  • Yes, But it will be cut short.

Votes: 70 28.9%

• Total voters
The employees should wear PPE just like the grocery clerks

It's all being provided to staff members, so hopefully everyone is wearing it when up from their desk and/or in close corridors with others.

If they did what the NCAA did with LAX, the Seniors get another year, but schools won't have to give them a full scholarship.
Was it just seniors who got another year? I assumed that everyone got another year. If Football follows same ruling, do underclassmen get a redshirt year? What if you were already a redshirt - do you get a double redshirt year?

Was it just seniors who got another year? I assumed that everyone got another year. If Football follows same ruling, do underclassmen get a redshirt year? What if you were already a redshirt - do you get a double redshirt year?
Assuming no season.

Many Sr's and Jr.s will declare. So there will still be attrition. If it was a blanket year of eligibility, it's possible some may stay. From frosh to Sr. they'd all lose a years reps.

2022 recruiting will be all messed up, if no HS football. An additional RS year, may give teams security, as many in the 2022 class will be recruited in the fall of 21, as Sr's and prep schoolers. Their spring recruiting will have to wait 'til fall, and the NCAA may want to add additional coaches for that purpose.

Everyone in the Spring sports got another year, but schools weren't forced to pay for returning Seniors who would have graduated. Granted, none of the Spring sport athletes were on full scholarships to begin with. LAX only allows you a total of 12.6 scholarships divided between 40-50 players.

has it been anounced whether the marlins had symptoms or were asymptimatic
One pitcher from another team I read had some heart symptoms blamed on covid other than that I haven’t heard of 1 athlete dying or in ICU , another player a few weeks ago had 104 fever which I’m sure isn’t fun and is not to be taken lightly but other than that I haven’t read anything and I’m on espn .com 10 times a day .

One pitcher from another team I read had some heart symptoms blamed on covid other than that I haven’t heard of 1 athlete dying or in ICU , another player a few weeks ago had 104 fever which I’m sure isn’t fun and is not to be taken lightly but other than that I haven’t read anything and I’m on espn .com 10 times a day .
that was eduardo rodriguez of the redsox and freddy freeman of the braves, i was talking specifically the marlins who tested psotive

This wouldn't even be a question if TV money wasn't the tail that wags the dog. Need proof? Look at all the non-power conferences that have already shut down. I love my college football, but the college athletes shouldn't, and, I don't think will, be the chattel to feed the TV beast.

And then all those folks bring it home and kill their grandparents. All so you could watch your precious college football.
These athletes are on campus and if the season plays out and bowls they won’t be home till New Years and not seeing there grand parents for 7 months !!!! but if there home at the beach’s , friends backyard pools , small hangouts etc
which everyone of them is doing they go home everyday to there grand Parents !!
Do you agree with that fact ???

These athletes are on campus and if the season plays out and bowls they won’t be home till New Years and not seeing there grand parents for 7 months !!!! but if there home at the beach’s , friends backyard pools , small hangouts etc
which everyone of them is doing they go home everyday to there grand Parents !!
Do you agree with that fact ???
The difference here is you're forcing kids to put themselves at risk (for the university's financial gain), rather than letting them make that choice for themselves. If college sports weren't a cash cow for P5/G5 schools, they would've done what D3 has already done and cancelled the season.

A party with 10 friends is a lot safer than being around 150 other players & staff, and then being in close contact with hundreds of other players throughout the year. Why is it fair to expect these kids to not get to spend any time with their family for months on end?

The difference here is you're forcing kids to put themselves at risk (for the university's financial gain), rather than letting them make that choice for themselves. If college sports weren't a cash cow for P5/G5 schools, they would've done what D3 has already done and cancelled the season.

A party with 10 friends is a lot safer than being around 150 other players & staff, and then being in close contact with hundreds of other players throughout the year. Why is it fair to expect these kids to not get to spend any time with their family for months on end?
Kids by no means are forced to play they can opt out and retrain eligibility or go to nfl .
These athletes are paid a qtr million to play .
Football has tremendous financial impact on millions of people not just the universities.
Any player can opt out , any coach or staffer what ever stay home and file for un employment . It’s fair because you have choice it’s not fair when you don’t

That is freaking terrifying. :(

So much for “most younger & healthier people recover from Covid with no issues”. :rolleyes:

The groups in the article had average ages of 49 and 85, so not college football aged people.

They put themselves at risk every time they go out onto that field. The risk of getting a career ending injury or life threatening injury is greater than the risk of dying from a virus that has a mortality rate of close to 0 in their age group. And these kids want to play. I’m sure you’ll have a few here and there that would opt out of a season, but the vast majority of these kids want to play football in the fall. Nobody is being forced against their will.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom