Winter/Spring Weight Room Progress | Page 8 | Syracusefan.com

Winter/Spring Weight Room Progress

Two questions, is it too late to switch RTB to LB, and when do we freak out about TD gaining too much weight?
I wouldn't mind that, but might be easier for him to try TE. Think the added weight should be helpful for TD.

I wouldn't mind that, but might be easier for him to try TE. Think the added weight should be helpful for TD.
My LB question was mostly sarcasm. In all seriousness though, I would think, if he worked at TE, he'd be on the field more as a WR. I wonder what is holding him back, hands, route running?

Looks like Heights/Weights were updated on the roster site

I like:
Arku at lb 6’4” 225
Kpogba at lb 6’1” 224
Mel at db 6’3” 214
Richards lb 6’4” 234
Overall Oline looking good from 288 to 342.
Benson WR/TE 6’3” 233

Concerns

Our Dline. I am guessing the light d-ends in the 265 range are fine in our new scheme but we do not have much size in the middle of that line at all besides Bear and Black.
Mikel Jones. In at 211. Was hoping he would have added some size to match his nose for the ball.
CJackson 173 and Taj 164. Thats just wafer thin.

They don’t even have Alford listed on the roster. If we lose that young man that will be a huge setback to our receivers group.

Kinda surprised nobody has mentioned Hendrix. Maybe he is the forgotten man because of injuries. At 220 he could be a beast this year, if he can stay healthy.
I saw Hendrix at camping world bowl and was shocked how thick he looked he can be a possession wr and I hope a 50/50 ball guy
We didn’t have a 50/50 guy last year . Taj is not a traffic type guy so I don’t think his weight is an issue but certainly would help blocking and absorbing a hit . Some guys put in the minimum and some go above and beyond. One of my favorite sayings is character is revealed when nobody is watching

Alford is a Canadian who won’t arrive until camp if there is one

Kinda surprised nobody has mentioned Hendrix. Maybe he is the forgotten man because of injuries. At 220 he could be a beast this year, if he can stay healthy.

This (sadly) remains a very big IF.

He passed the eye test 2 years ago at the CWB, standing next to "the Human Personal Foul" Ravian Pierce.
Similar build, just a little lighter all around.
He looked fast standing still.

REALLY hope we can finally see him in action.

New schollie guys not yet accounted for? I have to think some are there.

Alford is a Canadian who won’t arrive until camp if there is one
Just read a story about a couple of Penn State football players from Canada who recently got into the US.
Someone from PSU drove up to them up at the border. Maybe it is different for freshmen?

“It was kind of hard at first because travel is still banned,” Luketa said. “Myself and Jonathan (Sutherland), we had our paperwork to get back in the country, but the question was if we’d be able to cross if somebody drove us. I had to have one of my coaches drive us to the border. He dropped us off there and we had a representative from Penn State come and pick us up and they brought us back to State College.”

The weight change that most caught my eye was Benson. At 233, he is now a real tight end and not just a big WR. If he can maintain his speed at that weight, look out.
Agree. With that weight he will be traditional TE now

I've been excited about Hendrix the last few years but he just can't stay healthy. If he makes it on the field I will get excited again. Until then...

This (sadly) remains a very big IF.

He passed the eye test 2 years ago at the CWB, standing next to "the Human Personal Foul" Ravian Pierce.
Similar build, just a little lighter all around.
He looked fast standing still.

REALLY hope we can finally see him in action.
Miss the Rav Dog.

I've been excited about Hendrix the last few years but he just can't stay healthy. If he makes it on the field I will get excited again. Until then...

I don’t think I’ve anticipated someone playing more than EH

Nice to see you on here. OT, but I see that Joe B. was playing in Alabama a couple weeks ago. I saw him again last fall here in NJ. Great show as always.
Who is Joe B?