Winter/Spring Weight Room Progress | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

Winter/Spring Weight Room Progress

Hendrix is #18 at 1:23. Who is that just before him at 1:18?

B8393ADD-511F-4C2D-AB2C-CF47BC0E9012.jpeg

12 pounds bigger, all muscle

Iffy, Trill & Cisco have been eating their Wheaties. DB's are going to ball out this season.

Impressed with G Williams and Hendrix.

RTB is big.

I dont get how Taj can lose weight after 3 years. Thats too skinny. Benson and Tisdale gained significant weight. Coley went up 10 pounds. Bleich lost 10.
Some kids just can’t gain weight.

but somebody needs to get in his ear and slap him upside the head with some NFL statistics of guys who made it to the league under 170 and how many stuck that were under 180 at the WR spot. Any last chance to light a fire and show him he has 2 years to put on muscle if he wants any shot at the next level at all.

I know a lot of people on here love Edinger because he wears a kilt and writes phrases on his fingers but to be honest I’m not impressed with how little most of these athletes change year over year.

Do some kids not put in the effort in every program... yes... but it seems like the majority of the kids that redshirted or played very little the last couple of years made any gain at all.

Our front 7 is going to have a lot of problems.

I know a lot of people on here love Edinger because he wears a kilt and writes phrases on his fingers but to be honest I’m not impressed with how little most of these athletes change year over year.

Do some kids not put in the effort in every program... yes... but it seems like the majority of the kids that redshirted or played very little the last couple of years made any gain at all.

Weight gain / muscle is 80% eating
Coach can’t force them to eat . At Yale they have a program that each athlete logs every meal that the trainer sees

Keep in mind that some are meant to lose or stay at a particular weight based on the scheme. Strength gain is pretty important in all this too.

I dont get how Taj can lose weight after 3 years. Thats too skinny. Benson and Tisdale gained significant weight. Coley went up 10 pounds. Bleich lost 10.
The weight change that most caught my eye was Benson. At 233, he is now a real tight end and not just a big WR. If he can maintain his speed at that weight, look out.

Two questions, is it too late to switch RTB to LB, and when do we freak out about TD gaining too much weight?

RTB was a sprinter in HS. Wish we could find a way to utilize his athletic ability.
Doesn't it seem like he would be an ideal gunner on special teams, if he isn't going to see a bunch of snaps at WR?