Winter Workouts | Page 9 | Syracusefan.com

Winter Workouts

A good measurable doesn't mean you're NFL material. Takes a lot more than that. Just pretty cool to know that we have some guys that can hit some top #'s. My intent was never to infer that they were NFL material(yet), but rather to show their potential, and celebrate their accomplishment.

I think it pertinent to mention nfl combine always "adjusts" times and move figures up. Recall Shamarko's 4.38 tumbling through the finish line... yet his official combined number was listed 4.42.

Feel like adding .05-.1 to these times, as the combine does, will make them a bit more digestible for some... That said this is still the fastest, and biggest team through the 1s and 2s since early 2000s or maybe even the 90s. We really need to learn to enjoy this ride because last year was no fluke and we are now a very legit P5 team.

GET THIS. The combine times are still hand started. They didn't want to go to fully automated timing because they felt it would add .2 to the forties. Insane. Our times are accurate. The NFL times are kinda, sorta, and wildly inaccurate, due to the reaction time of the starter.

How Are 40-Yard Dash Times Recorded?

Here's the company we use, that did the undisclosed actual fully automated 40 times, and the difference they found in a hand start.

https://www.zybeksports.com/hand-timed-versus-electronic-timed-40-yard-dash/

Still expecting Sharod Johnson to have a breakout year.

Our skill position depth is very, very impressive this year.

Some of you would complain about a free lunch.

These players are outright faster and quicker than just 5 years ago. Recruiting and S&C makes a big difference.

Our defense is loaded with athletes this year. Many of our skill position guys on offense are freaky, too.

Just need it to translate to in-game reaction speed and could have some major success.

Great, I'm not looking to start a fight with anyone. All I did was question to accuracy of the numbers that were posted. I never said anyone was "lying." I don't get why everyone on the board would take it so personal.

I would love to have the fastest/biggest team in the ACC. We're heading in the right direction. LGO
It's hard to question the official party line on here sometime. Must stick to the most positive, upbeat, we're the best, trust the coaches, we have the best players, won't lose a game, have no weaknesses, what ever we do is perfect. No constructive criticism, critical thought, or logical reasoning on here. There are hierarchies. Don't step out of your lane or you will get knocked down and put in your place. Labeled as a subversive and an agitator. Be careful you'll find yourself adjusting your posts so everyone will agree with you. Minor Thought control.

It's hard to question the official party line on here sometime. Must stick to the most positive, upbeat, we're the best, trust the coaches, we have the best players, won't lose a game, have no weaknesses, what ever we do is perfect. No constructive criticism, critical thought, or logical reasoning on here. There are hierarchies. Don't step out of your lane or you will get knocked down and put in your place. Labeled as a subversive and an agitator. Be careful you'll find yourself adjusting your posts so everyone will agree with you. Minor Thought control.
And in a sense, he was correct. Our times are accurate. It's the NFL times that are subjective. If the OP hadn't posted, I never would have known that. I should have known the NFL would screw it up . ;-)

Combine method. 2 identical players, that each run a real 4.40. one can have an "official" 4.325 -elite. The other a 4.475- average. Dumb.

Last edited:
Pure gold.

You're free to believe whatever you want. You really think Carl Jones would put up one of the fast times in combine history?!?
well...he would have to get invited to the combine first...and I think thats the point. You can be super fast...but not good at football. There have been plenty of NCAA football players that would have run faster numbers than those at the combine...HAD THEY BEEN INVITED

Last edited:
Best times of there lives ! He did 325x3 on bench as well .
U said last week they were holding him back a bit. Was that to not be too bulky as I have heard u say or him say (cant remember) or cause he is very tight. I know they stretch him well. As a dad on a lower level of ball, I miss them days lifting with the boys and watching them do there very best. Almost better than u doing it or it was for me anyways. Enjoy these days Caretaker cause u will miss them when they are gone.

U said last week they were holding him back a bit. Was that to not be too bulky as I have heard u say or him say (cant remember) or cause he is very tight. I know they stretch him well. As a dad on a lower level of ball, I miss them days lifting with the boys and watching them do there very best. Almost better than u doing it or it was for me anyways. Enjoy these days Caretaker cause u will miss them when they are gone.
I miss training him . It’s about the weight they don’t want to hurt him . Seeing the qbs combine measurables today his weight is close , his hands are bigger than alll of them this year and last and faster than all last year

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom