Winter Workouts | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

Winter Workouts

Wallace's 40 would have put him 3rd for lbs at last year's combine. 2cnd for vert. Griffin ran the best 40 in 15 years, and the next best was 4.51.

Carl Jones 40 is .07 behind Usain Bolt and the fastest combine time ever .

Jawhar Jordans 40 beat all 2018 RBs at the combine.

Ruff with a 4.77 at 303lbs. Faster than all DTs at last year's combine.

We're pretty freaking fast.
Come on guys we should all be greatful we are getting better but these numbers make so logical sense. Carl Jones fastest football player ever!? He should be a first rounder then instead of a backup DB.
Jawar Jordan a yr out of HS before he really gets into any significant organized S&C program is faster than any 22 yr old for the 2018 combine?
Mike Ruff is running a 4.77?
All are probably close but in one year our entire team are breaking records no other team have come close to? Something doesn't smell right.

Come on guys we should all be greatful we are getting better but these numbers make so logical sense. Carl Jones fastest football player ever!? He should be a first rounder then instead of a backup DB.
Jawar Jordan a yr out of HS before he really gets into any significant organized S&C program is faster than any 22 yr old for the 2018 combine?
All are probably close but in one year our entire team are breaking records no other team have come close to? Something doesn't smell right.
Hah. Usain Bolt, and John Ross(fastest combine ever) ran 4.22's. He's .07 behind and #12 fastest ever. I understand why you thought I meant he was the fastest. .07 behind the fastest ever and Usain Bolt, would have been better worded. I would have used "is" if referencing Jones. Changed to avoid confusion.

Jawhar Jordan put up the same exact laser time at the Nike Opening, and was dubbed the fastest man on the west coast. #19 all purpose back in the nation. His comparison was for RB's only.

Ruff kept his speed when adding weight.

I posted combine #'s from Last years combine, to compare with last year's class only. Chris Johnson ran a freaking 4.24.

Other teams have plenty of speed. You don't get to the combine, just because your fast, and strong. You have to be good at football, too .

It smells exactly right. They recruited for it. It is OK to have nice things .

Last edited:
Best line I ever heard: Good friend of mine has four boys, the youngest being the tallest and most athletic of the bunch. Going through a big growth spurt in his mid teens he would measure himself nearly every day until one morning he runs down the stairs announcing to everyone that he is now taller than dad. Without looking up from his morning paper dad says: "You may be bigger than me now, back to back. But just remember son, I'll always be bigger than you toe to toe."
My brother, at 6’4”, had a saying...your never bigger than your dad

Why would the staff use lasers for accuracy, and then lie about it?

It's ok to have nice things .

You're free to believe whatever you want. You really think Carl Jones would put up one of the fast times in combine history?!?

You're free to believe whatever you want. You really think Carl Jones would put up one of the fast times in combine history?!?

What does the staff gain by lying about 40 times lol. In the end if we do it will only hurt these kids. Elite speed doesn’t make you a 1st round draft pick, so just because C Jones ran lights out doesn’t mean he belongs in the NFL.
Jordan has been timed my Nike with the same time.
It’s not hard to believe Ruff could keep a lot of his speed while putting on weight.
Some day we will all understand we really can have nice things and we are no longer the little engine that could.
We have an ELITE S&C staff that is molding this kids into grown a.. men.

How about we all congratulate the Syracuse University Football Players and the Syracuse University Football Strength and Conditioning Staff for their collective very hard work and celebrate the fruits of their hard work. Nice job gentlemen, keep it up, Go Orange!!!!!!!!!

Carl Jones was a track guy and was primarily recruited here because of his speed and the fact that he was taller than 6-0. He ran sub 11s in the 100 meter in high school.

Do I believe Jones is ‘that’ fast? Of course not but he IS fast.

He was always a raw football player though having only played DB his senior season when syracuse offered him late.

What does the staff gain by lying about 40 times lol. In the end if we do it will only hurt these kids. Elite speed doesn’t make you a 1st round draft pick, so just because C Jones ran lights out doesn’t mean he belongs in the NFL.
Jordan has been timed my Nike with the same time.
It’s not hard to believe Ruff could keep a lot of his speed while putting on weight.
Some day we will all understand we really can have nice things and we are no longer the little engine that could.
We have an ELITE S&C staff that is molding this kids into grown a.. men.

I never said the staff was lying...I just choose not to believe all of these times are accurate. Believe me, nobody is as optimistic about the program as me. I just find it hard to believe we have more speed than most NFL teams.

Unless of course the lasers were not 100% correct.
What good does the staff gain by lying about the speeds? It just hurts them in preparing for ACC teams. We can have nice things guys

I never said the staff was lying...I just choose not to believe all of these times are accurate. Believe me, nobody is as optimistic about the program as me. I just find it hard to believe we have more speed than most NFL teams.
No one ever said we have more speed than most NFL teams.You may be drawing conclusions. We have a few really fast guys. Cool. WMU has a few guys faster(lasered) than Jawhar Jordan. They don't have more overall speed than NFL teams, either. All of those fast NFL guys went to college somewhere. It's not hard to believe that a P5 school has guys quick enough for the NFL. Not for me, anyway.

Last edited:
Okay what do they gain by having inaccurate machines would just be silly.
This staff has targeted some speedy guys the last few years and like I said this S&C staff does an amazing job.
No one is saying we have more speed then NFL teams, we have some really good numbers but overall no way we have some speed then any NFL team.

Unless of course the lasers were not 100% correct.
Zybex powerdash 2x. Accurate to 1000th of a second. The 3x was used at the Combine for years(just gives another split time.)

Not if you're running 39 yards.
Yes. They cheated so they could lie to everyone, and their players. The players did not notice that the finish was on the 39, or that they've recorded the same times on other laser systems. Lying about their players make them look really cool on social media, and their overwhelming lack of confidence and self worth needs approval to keep feeling good about themselves.

I think they paid every team they beat, last year as well. Some of the games were scripted and staged from beginning to end. That's the only way they could have beat those teams, in this flat flat world of ours. (apologies. Just trying to have fun. ;-) )

Yes. He apparently would.
People seem to conflate being good at combine drills, with being a good football player. There are plenty of players in college that can run in the 4.3-4.4 range. Just by sheer numbers, there are probably more in college than in the NFL. The problem is that most of those guys aren't good enough football players to play in the NFL, or even get a combine invite, so we never see them.
Now, when you get a guy who has an NFL skill set, and can also run a 4.3, you're talking rarefied air.

Okay what do they gain by having inaccurate machines would just be silly.
This staff has targeted some speedy guys the last few years and like I said this S&C staff does an amazing job.
No one is saying we have more speed then NFL teams, we have some really good numbers but overall no way we have some speed then any NFL team.

I guess we can agree to disagree about the times.

Yes. They cheated so they could lie to everyone, and their players. The players did not notice that the finish was on the 39, or that they've recorded the same times on other laser systems. Lying about their players make them look really cool on social media, and their overwhelming lack of confidence and self worth needs approval to keep feeling good about themselves.

I think they paid every team they beat, last year as well. Some of the games were scripted and staged from beginning to end. That's the only way they could have beat those teams, in this flat flat world of ours. (apologies. Just trying to have fun. ;-) )

Easy Francis, you believe what you want and I'll believe what I want. Great!

What good does the staff gain by lying about the speeds? It just hurts them in preparing for ACC teams. We can have nice things guys

I'm not accusing anybody of lying.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom