Wisconsin Game Thread... | Page 13 | Syracusefan.com

Wisconsin Game Thread...

I really like that this team gets to respond to their first loss by traveling to Madison to take on a top-25 team. I think it helps because we still have things to learn, and because we have a team that has the potential to be great (potential that we fell in love with after beating up on lesser competition). This is a great chance for us to regain our confidence, or learn what we need to improve if we're going to contend in the best basketball conference in the nation. There are positives to take away from this game no matter what happens!

Wiscy is very good at inside-outing the ball. They're looking for it right away and we're chasing the ball.
yep and Hayes at the foul line makes it even more effective as he's pretty much the ultimate pass/dribble/shoot triple threat from there and just a really really smart player too

Game could go either way. Team is in trouble if AW3 goes silent like he did against Monmouth

lol tell me about it. Let's just hope Dixon took the knowledge of the zone with him and Stallings is clueless

Stallings didn't exactly overachieve with the talent he brought to Vanderbilt. I've never been too impressed with him.

I agree but he is what he is at this point. I don't know why we'd expect anything different

Sure, but effort is effort. He's not capable of playing with effort every game? That's so ridiculous and sad. I don't expect him to play well every game. He should play hard every game.

We need more driving to the rim and kicking it out to AW3 for an open look. Feed the hot shooter or we will not win this game.

yep and Hayes at the foul line makes it even more effective as he's pretty much the ultimate pass/dribble/shoot triple threat from there and just a really really smart player too
smart bastard!!

Booyah.

Game could go either way. Team is in trouble if AW3 goes silent like he did against Monmouth
Don't like our chances at all tbh but definitely a lot more positives to take away from that first half compared to the USC game. I want to see more positives this half and hopefully a win :)

We really miss the experience of G and Cooney at the top of our zone.

The rotations are off and late. Giving them good looks from 3. This years guards aren't doing s good job jumping passing lanes when we trap...it was such a huge part of our defense last year.

Teams are able to make the next pass out of the trap...gotta address that.

"Killing" is a tough word. I'd like to see more than Chukwu but he isn't killing us tonight. Coleman is playing well and arguably our best lineup is with Lydon at the C.

This is normal Robey - he's not plugged in tonight.

I'm glad to see Battle getting more PT. He'll get there, you can just see how long he is in the zone. He just needs to gain some more confidence, he'll be huge for us this year

Agreed on all that except Chukwu. Can't have him in there against this type of sharp team. He's an instant liability, imo.

The rotations are off and late. Giving them good looks from 3. This years guards aren't doing s good job jumping passing lanes when we trap...it was such a huge part of our defense last year.

I don't think it helps our guards that our interior D is weak. Our guards have to collapse to help out and that leaves the 3 point line open.

True, like I said they are baiting us to trap. They've seen on film we do nothing with it.

Yes, seems we're reacting rather than anticipating.

For the 5th time this week... what does Chukwu do in practice/all year?

There's a scene from the movie "Glory" that shows how practice goes with the alleged big man coach. For this example picture Cary Elwes as the alleged big man coach. They're all screwing around until the commanding officer shows up and tells Cary Elwes to train them properly. Maybe JB will do that someday with the alleged big man coach.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom