Wisconsin Nigel Hates suing NCAA for player pay | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Wisconsin Nigel Hates suing NCAA for player pay

Then you're an idiot for staying there for 30 years at that rate. That's on you, not on Apple or Steve Jobs.

Awesome job taking my example so literally!

My point is the scholarship (while it's very useful to many student athletes) is not enough.

I find it ridiculous that the burden to support other programs falls on the players while coaches salaries are at an insane amount.

Effective immediately schools must match all coaches salaries with an equal amount to be distributed to players in those sports and to support other programs. This will cause the coaches to share the burden as well yet still be very well compensated. So the athletic department is no worse off, but the millionaire coaches are.

So if coach x gets paid 3 million, then 3 million must get distributed to the players. In footballl and basketball you could say that 25% goes to other athletes at the school.

There is an annual payout of some of the money, and also some deferred with ability to take it out earlier for worthy expenditures such as a house. You could work it out and also create multiplier incentives based on years you spent at the school.

Theoretically you are now spending the same amount of money, but the basketball and football coaches who are millionaires now share the burden.

Players get paid, smaller programs saved, and millionaire head coaches are still millionaires but making much less.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom