With Coach K playing so much of JB's... | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

With Coach K playing so much of JB's...

The Red Sox are the Diet Coke to the Yankees Coke.
Same drink less calories and sugar.
That is what we are to Duke/Kentucky/Kansas these elite programs.
Same drink we just don’t get the very end talent.

Syracuse is not a plucky underdog.
We are a big time program. We just don’t get the elite of elite top 10 player talent.
If you wanted to say we are the Cardinals go ahead. As the Cardinals are always competitive but don’t have the best top end talent. Cardinals had Pujols and the Orange had Carmelo.

We aren’t a small market team.
Our zone is a weapon. Duke showed they can play zone but it’s not good.
We probably played our best offensive game in months. Why? Because the zone forced us to pass the ball and it stopped ISO ball.
Duke did us a favor.

Our D actually held Duke down and if they didn’t have a top 3 pick in Bagley we win the game.
The Red Sox have - far and away - the highest payroll in MLB heading into this season. They’ve been in the top three since 2015. They’ve also won three World Series over the last 15 years. And that’s like Syracuse how?

I get it now. You don’t want the Red Sox to be portrayed in the same negative light as the Yankees. Sorry, man, that ship has sailed. Always appreciate your passion, though.

We might have one title but we have gone to a lot of final fours and tournaments. We aren't the lousy as.
The A’s were not lousy when Moneyball first became a thing.

How many playoff series did they win
Not sure and that’s not the point. They found success (winning division titles, appearing in at least one ALCS) using an unconventional strategy. Then another team with more resources stole the strategy and used it to their advantage, garnering more success because they had more resources.

Not sure and that’s not the point. They found success (winning division titles, appearing in at least one ALCS) using an unconventional strategy. Then another team with more resources stole the strategy and used it to their advantage, garnering more success because they had more resources.
So winning when it counts mean nothing. Your comparing a bball program that has won lots of big games to a baseball team that has won none. Gotcha. Btw playing zone in bball is not unconventional.

So winning when it counts mean nothing. Your comparing a bball program that has won lots of big games to a baseball team that has won none. Gotcha. Btw playing zone in bball is not unconventional.
Who said it means nothing?

We can go in circles on this all day, but at some point you’re going to have to defend your Giants analogy.

Of course the zone is unconventional. Sure, other teams play zone, but not like we do.

well let's just say we play zone 20 % better than anybody else. and everybody else plays man 80% better than we do. how many of the elite eight play zone exclusive ? and why is that ? every coach wants to win. if zone D was a magic bullitt everybody would play it. they don't.

Last edited:
Who said it means nothing?

We can go in circles on this all day, but at some point you’re going to have to defend your Giants analogy.

Of course the zone is unconventional. Sure, other teams play zone, but not like we do.
College basketball is the toughest title to win in all of sports. We might have only one title but we have final fours elite 8s sweet 16s. The giants have a culture and history of winning like we do and a great fan base.

College basketball is the toughest title to win in all of sports. We might have only one title but we have final fours elite 8s sweet 16s. The giants have a culture and history of winning like we do and a great fan base.
The A’s have won more WS than the Giants.

You do realize that if you win your division in MLB, that puts you in their equivalent of the Elite Eight, don’t you?

The A’s have won more WS than the Giants.

You do realize that if you win your division in MLB, that puts you in their equivalent of the Elite Eight, don’t you?
Its been a long time since they won a title and even then they underachieved. They should have won 3 titles in the late 80s early 90s. Your point about being in the elite 8 if you win the div is just making my point for me winning titles in baseball is much easier.

Its been a long time since they won a title and even then they underachieved. They should have won 3 titles in the late 80s early 90s. Your point about being in the elite 8 if you win the div is just making my point for me winning titles in baseball is much easier.
None of this has anything to do with my analogy.

The Red Sox have - far and away - the highest payroll in MLB heading into this season. They’ve been in the top three since 2015. They’ve also won three World Series over the last 15 years. And that’s like Syracuse how?

I get it now. You don’t want the Red Sox to be portrayed in the same negative light as the Yankees. Sorry, man, that ship has sailed. Always appreciate your passion, though.
The Red Sox are number 1 in payroll because they added JD Martinez and have a lot of dead money on the payroll.
They were the only team that went above the luxury tax threshold. The Yankees and Dodgers which have spent more this year decided to get under the luxury tax threshold to restart the penalties for going over and because next year’s FA class is so good they didn’t want to spend this offseason.
Machado, Harper, Kershaw, and others will cause the Yankees and Dodgers to pass the Red Sox payroll next year when Pablo Sandoval, Hanley Ramirez, Rusney Castillo’s contracts come off the Red Sox books.
I don’t expect you to know this stuff but this is the first year the Red Sox will spend more than the Yankees.

Their is a reason the A-Rod went to the Yankees in 2004. The Red Sox wouldn’t spend the money that George Steinbrenner and the Yankees would.

The Red Sox are the evil empire to everyone but the Yankees in the AL but they aren’t the Yankees. I wish they were.

To your point Syracuse isn’t a small market team. We are a large market team.

T
None of this has anything to do with my analogy.
The as have been a last place team for like 5 6 years now let me know when that happens to us.

T

The as have been a last place team for like 5 6 years now let me know when that happens to us.
There’s no point in clarifying if you’re just going to ignore it. I think we’re done here. Enjoy the rest of your day.

There’s no point in clarifying if you’re just going to ignore it. I think we’re done here. Enjoy the rest of your day.
Your points make zero sense.

coach k has shown the ability to be open minded and to adapt new ideas to help him improve his program.

jimmy does so much so well, but i wish he was less stubborn.

i just gotta think there are some things that k or coach wright do that would improve our program if adapted here.

there is always room for improvement, just gotta be willing to seek it out.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom