With Grant now I only really see Amile Jefferson and DeJuan as the remaining targets in this class | Syracusefan.com

With Grant now I only really see Amile Jefferson and DeJuan as the remaining targets in this class

Czar

All Conference
It doesn't look like SU is really recruiting guards, and these are the only Top 50 players left who it seems like Syracuse is still actively recruiting. So any news on them or when they're making decisions?

From a recent Baltimore Sun article:

"Polykoff said Jefferson has just one official visit planned, to Ohio State the final weekend of this month. He’d also like to see Maryland again, along with Syracuse, UConn, St. John’s and possibly Stanford. He’s already visited Temple, N.C. State and Villanova and is considering those schools as well. While his coach remains hopeful Jefferson will decide before the start of his senior season, he said a spring decision is possible."

It seems like OSU has been going after the same recruits as us recently. They seem to be shifting some of their recruiting from their bread and butter areas (OH, Indiana, rest of midwest) into the east coast. It started with Laquinton Ross and Mikael Hopkins and now it is Dajaun Coleman and Amile Jefferson.

Tyler Cavanaugh says hello.

Tyler is a project player and back up recruit and all we really have to say is boo and he'll come to us. I'm discussing recruits where the fight to get them is a little bit stiffer.

some was andy rautins until he blew up and made it the NBA.
Yeah and it took him 4 years to get to that level, again project.

Also, BeeJay Anya is on twitter now talking about following Jerami up here.

Yeah and it took him 4 years to get to that level, again project.

Also, BeeJay Anya is on twitter now talking about following Jerami up here.

For all of those who do not have ESPN insider, BeeJay is a beast...class of '13 and as large as DC2..here is his blurb...also Ohio State interested among others:

ESPN Analyst
Updated 05/24/2011
Strengths:
There are big boys and then there are aircraft carriers. Anya is going to be an aircraft carrier. He's turned himself into a player. He's reshaping his body and his game is coming on. Able to dunk the basketball and looks lighter on his feet. A real spaceater in the lane. For a player his size, he certainly moves well.
Weaknesses:
Still working on developing his offensive moves but again, he's come along way. His conditioning and weight are being addressed and its an area he'll have to keep a close eye on.
Bottom Line:
One of those guys who gets better with each viewing. He's put himself on the high-major radar.

Holy crap... 6'8 and 255#!!...Remind us of anybody? Actually reminds me 1) of Fab...big and raw;and, 2) DC2 ... Wait...he's listed at 280# but has been shedding pounds. Isn't he down to around 255 now? Still would prefer Noel ... you know,Merry Christmas and a Happy Noel?

It doesn't look like SU is really recruiting guards, and these are the only Top 50 players left who it seems like Syracuse is still actively recruiting. So any news on them or when they're making decisions?

Don't be shocked to see the third scholie go to a PG. (2nd one obviously to DC).

Tyler is a project player and back up recruit and all we really have to say is boo and he'll come to us. I'm discussing recruits where the fight to get them is a little bit stiffer.
Seems a little presumptuous considering he hasn't committed yet either. Syracuse is up against ND, Wake and two mids. Each of those except ND can probably offer potential playing time right away. That makes a big difference to recruits these days. And, as far as a project player goes, many pundits expect this kid will probably grow another two inches. A face up guy who can bang, shoot the three and take people off the dribble in pretty appealing at 6'8" let alone 6'10".

A face up guy who can bang, shoot the three and take people off the dribble in pretty appealing at 6'8" let alone 6'10".

Tyler cannot bang or take people off the dribble. 6'8" guys with limited athleticism who can shoot are a dime-a-dozen.

Tyler cannot bang or take people off the dribble. 6'8" guys with limited athleticism who can shoot are a dime-a-dozen.
Then why do we never have one. I predcit that Tyler Cavanaugh will have a more impactful college career than will DC. He will be a terrific college player as a Jr. and Sr.
I know of one former player, who knows both kids, who told me that SU should take Cavanaugh and should PASS on DC.

Then why do we never have one. I predcit that Tyler Cavanaugh will have a more impactful college career than will DC. He will be a terrific college player as a Jr. and Sr. I know of one former player, who knows both kids, who told me that SU should take Cavanaugh and should PASS on DC.

We have a 6'8" wing who can shoot right now: James Southerland. He doesn't really play, even though he is way more of a D-1 caliber athlete than Cavanaugh.

Whoever told you that SU should pass on DC and take Tyler is not being objective. Most likely, that player was a lot like Tyler (i.e., a hard working, not great athlete from a similar culture) and he simply sees himself in Tyler. No objective person would advice Cuse to pass on DC2 unless that person had a prejudice against DC2. I think we all can guess what former player you are talking about.

You should try doing some research and reading before making blanket statements and sweeping generalizations.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom