With our connections to Canadian basketball do we have any chance at RJ Barrett? | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

With our connections to Canadian basketball do we have any chance at RJ Barrett?

So what's the problem then...he did exactly what you said he didn't do, and it's still not good enough.

Not every player is interested in Cuse...perhaps we inquire and are told not to waste our time. No matter how much we all love Cuse, there are other great options for players.
There may be other great options but you won't know unless you seek them out. We should have the upper hand on these Canadian kids with the help of Leo Rautins who is a huge asset and we don't.

There may be other great options but you won't know unless you seek them out. We should have the upper hand on these Canadian kids with the help of Leo Rautins who is a huge asset and we don't.
I meant better options for schools. How many times have we heard the dream school comment, but still don't land kids. Sometimes they feel Cuse isn't the best fit for them. Perhaps we can sense that the player already feels that from the jump and therefore don't bother pursuing.

I meant better options for schools. How many times have we heard the dream school comment, but still don't land kids. Sometimes they feel Cuse isn't the best fit for them. Perhaps we can sense that the player already feels that from the jump and therefore don't bother pursuing.
I'm just saying that what you are saying may be somewhat possible but I am talking of the ones that we have not spoken one word to them. When was the last time we got a kid out mid west to west coast, not counting 5th year seniors? Unless they are right in our back yard, we don't recruit them.

Barrett would be ours if we wanted but bohiem refuses to go check him out
Similar to how Jamal Murray was an absolute lock for us, all we had to do was offer. When is JB going to finally wake up & start recruiting Canada???!!!

This is what pisses me off about HCJB. They have no interest in SU if you don't go after them. When will he recruit in Canada and west of the Mississippi River?
IMG_0976.GIF

I'm just saying that what you are saying may be somewhat possible but I am talking of the ones that we have not spoken one word to them. (How do you know this?) When was the last time we got a kid out mid west to west coast, (Moyer, Bazley?)not counting 5th year seniors? Unless they are right in our back yard, we don't recruit them.

I'm just saying that what you are saying may be somewhat possible but I am talking of the ones that we have not spoken one word to them. When was the last time we got a kid out mid west to west coast, not counting 5th year seniors? Unless they are right in our back yard, we don't recruit them.
We've pretty much recruited the same way for 40 years and have done pretty well. Do you know that we don't make a phone call to gauge interest in these kids to come from farther away to attend Cuse? We got Tyus simply because in his dad's eyes Cuse was the best fit and closest to home. It works both ways.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom