With our O we are bringing a knife to a gun fight | Syracusefan.com

With our O we are bringing a knife to a gun fight

OrangeFoo

All American
Shrader is a very very big knife. But when the opponent has an uzi there is only so much the team can do. The D is worthy of a top 25 team, but they need to upgrade the talent at QB to compete with the big boys when there is zero margin for error.

We brought in a coach known for offense and his offense had never ever been good enough to sniff top 25 except the one year Dungey balled his a$$ off and Devito bailed him out.

Agree. Need to run Shrader more.
But that’s the problem… that doesn’t work against good teams. He will get killed and we will still come up short. He needs to be able to throw the ball and hit on deep shots where the receivers are open.

The receivers aren’t getting pushed out of bounds all the time… Shrader is leading them out of bounds. He needs to be more accurate.

It’s frustrating that (at times) WR’s like Alford make a play in the air… but the ball is always out of bounds, gotta keep it in play to have a chance, it’s like we’re voluntarily adding another defender/obstacle for no reason

Need to stop playing with knives and bring MANPADS

I’ve really like Shrader as a football player but he’s not a very good quarterback, or I should say he’s not a very good passer. Klubick on the other hand, throws such a pretty ball, everything’s nearly on the money even when he’s on the run, Shrader throws to the wrong shoulder, underthrows often, throws out of bounds, or behind etc. doesnt unload it yadda yadda. then throws a perfect ball to Allen. you take the good with the bad.

Good quarterbacks just don’t wanna play here for some reason we lost LaNorris Sellers we lost Leonard Riley down at Duke, it’s not for a lack of identifying kids. We’ll see now if the Georgia kid shows up. we have to work with what we have.

Last edited:
Another way putting it… you trade qbs and Syracuse wins going away. Granted Klubnik is probably a 5 star qb Syracuse would never get.

I’ve really like Shrader as a football player but he’s not a very good quarterback, or I should say he’s not a very good passer. Klubick on the other hand, throws such a pretty ball, everything’s nearly on the money even when he’s on the run, Shrader throws to the wrong shoulder, underthrows often, throws out of bounds, or behind etc. doesnt unload it yadda yadda. then throws a perfect ball to Allen. you take the good with with the bad.

Good quarterbacks just don’t wanna play here for some reason we lost LaNorris Sellers we lost Leonard Riley down at Duke, it’s not for a lack of identifying kids. Will see now if the Georgia kid shows up. we have to work with what we have.
That’s super funny because the Clemson fans I was with today said club is a pretty bad QB in terms of touch. He lofts balls and leaves them in bad positions (see the 3 almost ints) idk who they have behind him/coming in but they can’t be much worse

I dont understand why we don't call Shrader runs...why aren't we doing what he's good at? Unfortunately this is all we're going to get under Dino. Never going to be able to make it over the hump

I’ve really like Shrader as a football player but he’s not a very good quarterback, or I should say he’s not a very good passer. Klubick on the other hand, throws such a pretty ball, everything’s nearly on the money even when he’s on the run, Shrader throws to the wrong shoulder, underthrows often, throws out of bounds, or behind etc. doesnt unload it yadda yadda. then throws a perfect ball to Allen. you take the good with with the bad.

Good quarterbacks just don’t wanna play here for some reason we lost LaNorris Sellers we lost Leonard Riley down at Duke, it’s not for a lack of identifying kids. Will see now if the Georgia kid shows up. we have to work with what we have.
Even Pitt and Wake typically have better qbs than us. Maybe it’s the NY state thing

I think Shrader had a bad day and was skittish after the opening fumble. He was so worried about TOs he put the receivers in a crappy position to make plays. Also, when scrambling he seemed so tentative to turn upfield.
He was skittish because he got so jacked on the play, guarantee it affected him the rest of the game, especially the bad out of bounds throws, and then during that time out when Babers was in his ear for a very very long time undoubtedly telling him not to get killed, his health is more important than the game. Game over

Another way putting it… you trade qbs and Syracuse wins going away. Granted Klubnik is probably a 5 star qb Syracuse would never get.
I honestly don’t know about that.

They can't get open against press coverage. They aren't good enough.

We did have guys open today. Shrader under throwning hatcher on the Syracuse sideline that the crowd wanted pass interference. That receiver had his man beat by two or three steps, but Schrader threw it short. which is pretty normal for him he is terrible throwing long. if he leads the kid it’s a potential TD.

Players, had their man beat on several of his out of bounds throws.

Of course the line didn’t help they were total jackal and Hyde. Sometimes it was jailbreak. Sometimes they gave him time. Sometimes he held onto the ball too long

I dont understand why we don't call Shrader runs...why aren't we doing what he's good at? Unfortunately this is all we're going to get under Dino. Never going to be able to make it over the hump
He’s getting killed out there. They need him for the rest of the season. Even Dino referenced that clemsons strategy is to make the qb run so they can beat the he double hockey sticks out of them

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laxmom2317

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom