With our O we are bringing a knife to a gun fight | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

With our O we are bringing a knife to a gun fight

That’s super funny because the Clemson fans I was with today said club is a pretty bad QB in terms of touch. He lofts balls and leaves them in bad positions (see the 3 almost ints) idk who they have behind him/coming in but they can’t be much worse
He should have been picked off twice today. Clarke and Wax showed stone hands.

I said a couple weeks ago I thought ED had a better arm and got told I was wrong by about 7 posters.
I was told by this board Dungey had a noodle arm
They have a very similar style of play so I'll keep comparing them, I know they have different pluses and minuses, thank you

ED 100% had a better arm
Agreed. I conceded because I wasn’t going to debate 7 people who were adamant GS had a better arm, because I just didn’t care enough, but nobody can tell me ED didn’t have a stronger arm and threw a better deep ball. And don’t get me wrong, i’m not saying ED threw a great deep ball but just better than GS.

Agreed. I conceded because I wasn’t going to debate 7 people who were adamant GS had a better arm, because I just didn’t care enough, but nobody can tell me ED didn’t have a stronger arm and threw a better deep ball. And don’t get me wrong, i’m not saying ED threw a great deep ball but just better than GS.
The reality is if Cuse wants to sniff more consistent top 25 we need better than dungey and ED. Either a Devito and an oline that can block abd receivers who can catch or bring back Mcnabb.

They don't make a bowl last year without Shrader and are probably on a 3 game slide without him this year.

A guy like Shrader gives SU the best chance of beating teams outside the Top 25. But they will be a liability vs Top 25 type teams.

The types of QBs we need to really play with top teams won’t work here given the rest of the O talent.
Good post concise and probably right
I still prefer single threat QBs though in case things do fall into place

Let's be honest, we tried to convince ourselves during that 4 game win streak against mostly bad competition that we would compensate for losing OG. We can't.
I don't think og makes any difference today. He's good but not great and shrader only has eyes for him

We need to stop comparing Shrader to Dungey… dungey had a much better arm and I think was more accurate. Shrader is bigger and a better runner.
Dungey had better receivers Ish, Phillips, and 2 good running backs in Strickland, and Neal.

I think Shrader had a bad day and was skittish after the opening fumble. He was so worried about TOs he put the receivers in a crappy position to make plays. Also, when scrambling he seemed so tentative to turn upfield.
I think he was hurt after that targeting/not targeting play. A head shot like that can easily affect a player's abilities. And when that player is the QB, well...