With our O we are bringing a knife to a gun fight | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

With our O we are bringing a knife to a gun fight

A guy like Shrader gives SU the best chance of beating teams outside the Top 25. But they will be a liability vs Top 25 type teams.

The types of QBs we need to really play with top teams won’t work here given the rest of the O talent.

Obviously our top 2 WRs are down, but the rest of the crew continues to be below P5 level. The few times the broadcast showed the end zone view from behind Shrader, and he had to scramble, none of them tried to come back to the QB. I think it happened once with Brown in the second quarter. Contrast that with the Clemson WRs who did it all day especially on 3rd and long.

it’s too bad because the D hung in there really well considering. At least 21 points came off short fields.

Strange coaching decisions, bad execution. It was a recipe for an ugly loss.

I am blaming it on him seeing stars after that first hit
He has always stunk at those sideline passes. He is better in the middle of the field. The problem is we can’t get a deep middle pass off given our OL.

-Does Syracuse run any slants? Ever?
-And AGAIN Villari had the best catch and run(s).
-Was there something wrong with the middle of the field?
-I don’t know what to make of that game, except boring with G-Rob/Shafer feel to it. Surprised we didn’t punt on 3rd down.
-My kids had fun when the place got loud, but once the youngest was pooping out in the 3rd, I said f it, we ain’t missing anything.
-Clemson was ripe for the picking and CUSE CHOKED! Same ole story, at least basketball season starts soon.
-AUDIO IS ATROCIOUS!! Are those used McDonald’s drive thru speakers?
-And refs, maybe weren’t great, but ya can’t make apple pie outta dog . CUSE did the same ole with penalties too. That late hit out of bounds was probably the latest out of bounds hit I’ve ever seen.
-O-line was the same ole’, bunch of matadors out there.

Let's be honest, we tried to convince ourselves during that 4 game win streak against mostly bad competition that we would compensate for losing OG. We can't.
Oronde would have had 2, maybe 3 catches today. He wouldn't have made a difference. Shrader's reads and our line were that bad today.

We needed Shrader to not commit those two TOs. Absolute killers.

-Does Syracuse run any slants? Ever?
-And AGAIN Villari had the best catch and run(s).
-Was there something wrong with the middle of the field?
-I don’t know what to make of that game, except boring with G-Rob/Shafer feel to it. Surprised we didn’t punt on 3rd down.
-My kids had fun when the place got loud, but once the youngest was pooping out in the 3rd, I said f it, we ain’t missing anything.
-Clemson was ripe for the picking and CUSE CHOKED! Same ole story, at least basketball season starts soon.
-AUDIO IS ATROCIOUS!! Are those used McDonald’s drive thru speakers?
-And refs, maybe weren’t great, but ya can’t make apple pie outta dog . CUSE did the same ole with penalties too. That late hit out of bounds was probably the latest out of bounds hit I’ve ever seen.
-O-line was the same ole’, bunch of matadors out there.
It wasn't a hit at all. A small chest bump on which the Clemson QB acted like he was shot.

It wasn't a hit at all. A small chest bump on which the Clemson QB acted like he was shot.
Very true but good players don’t do that. The rest of that post was garbage. Thank god for the ignore button

Also someone please tell me what Dino does for us...what does he do well. I can't think of anything

Shrader is a very very big knife. But when the opponent has an uzi there is only so much the team can do. The D is worthy of a top 25 team, but they need to upgrade the talent at QB to compete with the big boys when there is zero margin for error.

We brought in a coach known for offense and his offense had never ever been good enough to sniff top 25 except the one year Dungey balled his a$$ off and Devito bailed him out.
Clemson’s dline imposed its will, that’s the biggest factor

It’s frustrating that (at times) WR’s like Alford make a play in the air… but the ball is always out of bounds, gotta keep it in play to have a chance, it’s like we’re voluntarily adding another defender/obstacle for no reason
Wasn’t that the big complaint with DeVito regarding throwing it out of bounds. Shrader is worse!

GS is very much like Dungey
You'll love him one and play and curse him out the next play
This is the best style of QB we can recruit currently
We MUST upgrade our WR/TE corp after this season and keep building OLine depth
We need to stop comparing Shrader to Dungey… dungey had a much better arm and I think was more accurate. Shrader is bigger and a better runner.

We need to stop comparing Shrader to Dungey… dungey had a much better arm and I think was more accurate. Shrader is bigger and a better runner.
I was told by this board Dungey had a noodle arm
They have a very similar style of play so I'll keep comparing them, I know they have different pluses and minuses, thank you

Dungey had his problems but he at least could make throws down the field. Shrader isn't good enough throwing the ball for us to win 10 games

I don’t know man he threw some money balls today, and I was very impressed with him throwing 15 yard darts on the run in the zone coverage
Yep, he converted the third downs.

I don’t know if I agree. They are going where the ball is which is often a yard or so out of bounds.
Yes, but you forgot that they drop too many easy well thrown balls. They seem to possess all the skills in a good wr, with the exception of the all important ability to catch a football.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laxmom2317

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom