With Wright back in mix and Willimas offered | Syracusefan.com

With Wright back in mix and Willimas offered

A lot of our fans thought he was going to suck, not sure about recruits.

recruiting has been down. not looking to cause problems but the question has to be asked

I think JB said or at least hinted that the coaching switch was hurting recruiting. We're kicking that can down the road, but it stands to reason that removing the coaching switch from the equation would help recruiting in the short term.

I think JB said or at least hinted that the coaching switch was hurting recruiting. We're kicking that can down the road, but it stands to reason that removing the coaching switch from the equation would help recruiting in the short term.
Which means when's it is time for real, the school better be ready to spend bigly on a legit coach that kids want to play for. And close that deal fast.

recruiting has been down. not looking to cause problems but the question has to be asked
We're coming off back-to-back Top 20 recruiting classes. They're not done with this year's class.

why do people always assume its the negative? it is not about not wanting to play for Hopkins. its about wanting to play for a hall of fame coach. players aren't sitting around with a long list of coaches and crossing out the ones they don't want to play for. they build their list based on coaches they do want to play for.

The two prime recruits from last year have gone pro. The two top kids from this year also will. Recruiting hasn't been this disaster that people keep saying.

ding ding ding ding ding ding ding ding ding ding ding ding ding

correct.

is it possible that some players did not want to play for Hopkins?

I don't think it has anything to do with that. Those kids committed to Romar. With him gone, they want to reconsider their options.

It doesn't have anything to do with Hopkins other than nominally, IMO.

I don't think it has anything to do with that. Those kids committed to Romar. With him gone, they want to reconsider their options.

It doesn't have anything to do with Hopkins other than nominally, IMO.
He's talking about Cuse targets

Patterson/Johnson leaving is why we are in a roster crunch and that was SU's own decision so they could start the sanctions a year earlier.
Diagne was the 3rd guy we lost but that was the clearing house.

And that is where the sanctions have hit us the hardest. On May 31, that changes.
Come on. You know this isn't about sanctions. It's about effort (or lack thereof).

No. it's about sanctions. They have killed us. there are issues I have with the effort but the bottom line is sanctions. They had the effect the NCAA wanted.

100% correct. People completely underestimate the effect of the sanctions. Sure we have had some hits and misses, however those hits and misses are accentuated when you are short scholarships you can't afford to miss. It will take two or 3 recruiting cycles to get back to normal. This recruiting class and next are key (adding programs guys and some big time talent in 2018)

Cuse!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom