Without Lydon how do we get to 60 PPG next year? | Syracusefan.com

Without Lydon how do we get to 60 PPG next year?

Alsacs

Living Legend
Roster right now
PG- Frank Howard, Howard Washington
SG- Tyus Battle
SF- Matt Moyer, O'Shae Brissett
PF- Taureen Thompson, Bourama Sidibe
C- Paschal Chukwu
That is 8 scholarships. JB has 3 scholarships to use and that is after Lydon leaving.

Look at the roster. What are the odds JB can bring in 3 usable bodies for next year?
I see two scoring options right now in JB's easy to defend offense.

Roster right now
PG- Frank Howard, Howard Washington
SG- Tyus Battle
SF- Matt Moyer, O'Shae Brissett
PF- Taureen Thompson, Bourama Sidibe
C- Paschal Chukwu
That is 8 scholarships. JB has 3 scholarships to use and that is after Lydon leaving.

Look at the roster. What are the odds JB can bring in 3 usable bodies for next year?
I see two scoring options right now in JB's easy to defend offense.
Now we need a 5th year grad transfer Center also. Need to fill 3 starting spots with grad transfers. Yikes.

At best we are a bubble team. I don't see how JB turns this around anytime soon. I had thought he may come back because of some of Dasher's posts, but maybe Hop leaving played a big part here.

We are incredibly devoid of seasoned talent with no upperclassmen returning.

I'm not too worried about Lydon leaving. I'm not that high on him after this season (in the college setting)

I'm more worried about having no point guard and 2 PF's apparently competing for the starting SF spot in your scenario.

Why so offended?

Either Lydon is severely mentally flawed or he had one foot out the door. A sophomore with first-round talent and an inside/outside offensive game shouldn't be averaging 13 points per game on a team with very limited options. I'm sorry if that hurts.

Pretty sure you don't understand the game of basketball, but that's okay.

You sound like a petulant child. How about you offer something aside from insults?

See my post in the other thread and respond to that.

He was underwhelming this year, but why? I think the answer is more about our perception. He way exceeded our expectations last year. It was nearly impossible for him to come back and match that level this year. Combine that with his injury which clearly slowed him AND the fact we brought in a 5 foot nothing PG who was unable or unwilling to get Tyler the ball in positions where he could have been successful, and you get what we saw this year.

EDIT - I brought it here for you.

Last edited:
Why so offended?

Either Lydon is severely mentally flawed or he had one foot out the door. A sophomore with first-round talent and an inside/outside offensive game shouldn't be averaging 13 points per game on a team with very limited options. I'm sorry if that hurts.

Ever hear John Wallace speak about playing with Z Sims?

Take everything he said and make it the opposite and you'd get the PG play that Lydon had. Lydon is not a creator. That's not in his skillset.

Or for a current team, look at UCLA and how Ball gets that ball to the right guys at the right times, in rhythm. His pace and style give that team so much confidence. Lydon didn't play with a real PG in either of his college seasons, or even with any players, let
alone guards that were strong passers.

Last edited:
Our season, until we land someone else, hinges on the junior year of Franklin Howard.

My guess: The players on the team will shoot the ball and try to get it to go through the rim.

But only with 5 seconds left on the shot clock, and it will be an off balance highly contested shot.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom