WMU Kickoff Time Noon / ACCN | Syracusefan.com

WMU Kickoff Time Noon / ACCN

OrangeXtreme

The Mayor of Dewitt
Won't be announced until Monday, but Mattsarz is guessing 4 PM ACCN.

works for me, im expecting holy cross to be an early start

I swear if we don’t take these guys to the woodshed after a crap offense like Michigan State pasted them... well, I just will cry and no one wants that

I swear if we don’t take these guys to the woodshed after a crap offense like Michigan State pasted them... well, I just will cry and no one wants that

WMU's offense is actually pretty good (passing). Wassink is no joke, and the receivers he has to throw to have been able to get open. Haven't been able to jump-start the running game too much, and they can't punch it in from within the red zone. Defense? Bad. As bad as SU @ Maryland bad? Probably worse. I'm willing to bet that it'll be a high scoring game; lots of offense and non-existent defense.

I say SU will be able to win, as long as the team play disciplined.

WMU's offense is actually pretty good (passing). Wassink is no joke, and the receivers he has to throw to have been able to get open. Haven't been able to jump-start the running game too much, and they can't punch it in from within the red zone. Defense? Bad. As bad as SU @ Maryland bad? Probably worse. I'm willing to bet that it'll be a high scoring game; lots of offense and non-existent defense.

I say SU will be able to win, as long as the team play disciplined.

Sounds like you think it will be similar in score to last year, Cubs. That wouldn’t shock me.

NOONER

ACCN

1568046687507.png

Knew my day was coming without TV coverage. Oh well.

I have a feeling we'll be seeing quite a few nooners this season.

Even the regional 12:30 game would have been preferable but I agree with you unfortunately. Holy Cross seems destined for an early start as well.

I have a feeling we'll be seeing quite a few nooners this season.

Well, NC State is a Thursday night game and Pitt is a Friday night. But I suspect you’re right. It’ll depend on our record.

hot take but i dont mind nooners since i watch at home. getting the day started with SU football is the right way.

Well this blows. Hopefully we get afternoon for Holy Cross.

The very 2 last home games of the year against BC and Wake could have decent time slots depending on how the teams are doing.

honestly its only the hard core tailgaters that care what time the game is and many of them dont care either.. We had a big tailgate setup back in the day and game time meant nothing. really a 3-4pm game time was the worst since you still had to get going in the morning and then got home after dark.. early or late times means you still had the day to do other things.

honestly its only the hard core tailgaters that care what time the game is and many of them dont care either.. We had a big tailgate setup back in the day and game time meant nothing. really a 3-4pm game time was the worst since you still had to get going in the morning and then got home after dark.. early or late times means you still had the day to do other things.

Later games are better for exposure. Pretty easy to understand. They also draw bigger crowds. Attendance for Western Michigan will be low.

I think most people’s gripe with it is they know it’s not good for attendance

exposure to who? Game time will not effect attendance to these games.. performance will.

I already know a bunch of people who didnt want to go to the Clemson game because its a night game and that was before the maryland game happened.. most of the people i know like noon games.

At least we didn't get that awful 11 AM slot that Pitt had this last game.

exposure to who? Game time will not effect attendance to these games.. performance will.

I already know a bunch of people who didnt want to go to the Clemson game because its a night game and that was before the maryland game happened.. most of the people i know like noon games.
Certainly affects student turnout. Since we have 40 guests coming to our tailgate from Fort Drum that day and are running a 50-50 benefit for the Tenth Mountain Division Association it will detract from that as well. Different preferences for different folks but I hate nooners.

yeah but the Fine mess tailgate is different than 95% of the normal tailgate crews.. most of the casual ones are the one car 4-6 type set ups. you have the 1-2 big setups at the other lots and then a bunch of 1-2-3 car groups of 10-12 people . then you have the 75% who dont tailgate at all.

Nooners are rough for golfers as well. Difficult to get an AM round in and get to the Dome without feeling rushed.

Dont quite mind when we have Noon road games though.