Women’s F4/Caitlin Clark | Page 12 | Syracusefan.com

Women’s F4/Caitlin Clark

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had the sound down at the end of the game when the Reese shenanigans were going on - what did the tv broadcast crew have to say about it?

True
And it comes from the top there too but I don't think women should be shamed into being polite either. Play hard and be a good sport, not a lot of these coaches believe in being a good sport.

Nah I don't think you can let Reese slide that easily. She needs to be responsible for her actions. There is a damn good reason why Clark was getting the pub - she pretty much put an otherwise average team on her back and took them to the finals. Routinely putting up 30-40 points every night in the NCAAT was pretty amazing. She also dropped a ton of dimes as well.
And it wasn’t just a one year thing for Clark. She led the country in scoring avg and assists per game in her sophomore season

I had the sound down at the end of the game when the Reese shenanigans were going on - what did the tv broadcast crew have to say about it?

I didn't hear them even acknowledge it

IMO……Reece was upset/jealous of all the fanfare and media attention Clark gets. What she failed to realize is her and her team as well as women basketball benefited greatly from the popularity of Clark.
Legit ONLY watched because of Clark, and I'm not alone. She will forever, and most likely only, be remembered as the girl who was the villain against Caitlin Clark and iowa.

You would think that one of Mulkey's staff would have told her that you don't come to the championship game dressed like a lounge act from a 1977 Jackson, Mississippi Holiday Inn.
But it worked. Her outfits make her antics even more obvious. She got at least one of the offensive foul calls on Clark with her over the top reaction that the ref had a great line of sight to, especially with the day-glo on.

And it comes from the top there too but I don't think women should be shamed into being polite either. Play hard and be a good sport, not a lot of these coaches believe in being a good sport.
Both players and coaches need to be held accountable for their behavior. The lack of sportsmanship in so many sporting events is nauseating imo. Meanwhile you have young folks watching this stuff thinking it's all just fine to carry on like an ay-whole - whether it be a coach or player.

Legit ONLY watched because of Clark, and I'm not alone. She will forever, and most likely only, be remembered as the girl who was the villain against Caitlin Clark and iowa.
Doubt it. She’s a heck of a player in her own right and she’s been getting attention/criticism for her extra antics all year long.

Was immature and lame by Reese.

Act like you’ve been there before. Show some maturity. Its the biggest spotlight womens sports has had in some
Time aside from the olympics/world cup.

Guess in the end they are just kids

Reese would never play on my team. Glad she picked Maryland over Cuse in hindsight.
Syracuse isn't getting players of Reese's caliber so it's not something you have to worry about.

Clark has hot dogged all year. The energy got returned and the usual suspects took offense with Dave Portnoy going as far to call her a POS.

Personally my biggest issues were:

1) the refs being atrocious for both teams in the 1Q and onwards and making the game disjointed. No one came to see you.

2) Mulkey is on the floor all the time with insane theatrics. She was literally on the floor while Iowa had the ball at that end.

All the trash talk, whatever. LSU had the far superior team. Clark is arguably the best player ever and I’d argue definitely the most entertaining player ever.

Syracuse isn't getting players of Reese's caliber so it's not something you have to worry about.

Clark has hot dogged all year. The energy got returned and the usual suspects took offense with Dave Portnoy going as far to call her a POS.
Hopefully the guy who eats pizza isn’t angry enough to try to break her rib or anything.

Post game was worse.

Clark did the same type of thing to one of South Carolina's players. Not just Ville. Reese probably doesn't go up to her like that if she doesn't have a history of taunting herself.

I think its awesome.

But it worked. Her outfits make her antics even more obvious. She got at least one of the offensive foul calls on Clark with her over the top reaction that the ref had a great line of sight to, especially with the day-glo on.
I always liked playing for the crazy over the top coaches who went nuts at refs.

I know I'd love Mulkey if she was my coach. She knows what shes doing and its a calculated effort to influence the next call.

Womens Final Four has been way more entertaining than the mens and that is even with a buzzer beater. Just no real personality on these mens teams apart from FAU who should have won by 20 if they didn't go 3 or 4 possessions in a row without rebounding even off free throws. Get past the sweet 16 and the mens tournament gets stale. Womens totally different story the stars always come to play and step it up.

Personally my biggest issues were:

1) the refs being atrocious for both teams in the 1Q and onwards and making the game disjointed. No one came to see you.

2) Mulkey is on the floor all the time with insane theatrics. She was literally on the floor while Iowa had the ball at that end.

All the trash talk, whatever. LSU had the far superior team. Clark is arguably the best player ever and I’d argue definitely the most entertaining player ever.
Agree with most of what you say but would point out that Dawn Staley rides the refs like a HoF rodeo professional. She's cursin' and scowlin' all night long. She's just as bad as Mulkey but she's not as likely to step on the floor as Mulkey. She also put on quite a show yesterday in the presser after the loss. Geno always got crap but he's a gentleman compared to these two.

Agree with most of what you say but would point out that Dawn Staley rides the refs like a HoF rodeo professional. She's cursin' and scowlin' all night long. She's just as bad as Mulkey but she's not as likely to step on the floor as Mulkey. She also put on quite a show yesterday in the presser after the loss. Geno always got crap but he's a gentleman compared to these two.

Maybe it’s just me, but I’m sort of ok if a coach gripes all game long, but it really bothers me when a coach is on the floor doing it.

One warning. Technical. Booted.

She was way way on the floor.

Status
Not open for further replies.