Women’s F4/Caitlin Clark | Page 18 | Syracusefan.com

Women’s F4/Caitlin Clark

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is such a weird story.

Curious why Clark would throw Reese a bone, if Reese hadn't specifically asked for it. And, as far as I can tell, Reese is not asking for it, and is in fact relishing in what she did. And, if social media comments count as a vote of approval, Reese has all the approval she needs (from certain people).

I do not get it.
Taking the high road and not letting this idiocy take away further from the positive spotlight on womens sports

Taking the high road and not letting this idiocy take away further from the positive spotlight on womens sports
Listening to an interview with her now, and she is definitely taking a high road, and trying to shift focus to the games popularity.

She is pretty savvy in front of the mic. She was asked 3 specific questions about this, and never answered the questions.

As you know there has been a national debate about the gestures Angel made towards you, and that you had made in previous games. What do you think about what happened between you and Angel?
  • Answer: Doesn't answer the question. States I haven't paid attention to it. Shifts focus to the viewership and popularity of the game.
I know you do not want to dwell on it, but speak to the controversy and criticism Angel received, compared to the criticism you did not receive. What are the differences there?
  • Answer: Again, does not answer the question about the differences. We are all competitive. I love angel. She is incredible. She should not receive criticism. I am lucky to be here.
What about race as a component of this.
  • Answer: Again, does not answer the question. Angel should not be criticized. We are competitors. We all trash talk. We should be able to play with emotion. People want to tune in to that.

This is the best commentator I have seen on this issue. Literally 1 of 3 reasonable ones out of 20 I watched.
Just realized its a Ben Shapiro entity. Gross.

Last edited:
This is the best commentator I have seen on this issue. Literally 1 of 3 reasonable ones out of 20 I watched.
Just realized its a Ben Shapiro entity. Gross.

She’s right - “she has no idea”. Her voice - yikes.

She’s right - “she has no idea”. Her voice - yikes.
I agreed with what she had to say. Don't recall her voice... Obviously, I do not like Ben Shapiro, so was surprised to see she was part of his media entity. Gross.

I tune in basically for SU. As far as other teams / players go, UConn has always been a draw to see how good they were, Tennessee, BC at one point maybe? SC was a draw for the same reason, and CC for her skill level. Not her antics, but her skill.

I was already aware that Reese did this kind of stuff b/c it was all over social media. She talks about herself a lot. Speaking just for myself, I am not drawn to those antics. Disliked it with Reggie Miller. Exception for Eric Devendorf b/c he was at SU. People are making weird arguments like how the divisive moment / antic at the end is good for womens basketball. I don't think it is. We won't know until next year. Personally, I won't tune in for them. Again, I will watch SU, and some of CCs games. Like I tuned in to UConn for Breanna Stewart or Diana Taurasi, or whatever.

Other players on LSU had a greater contribution. Wish we were talking about them more.

I agreed with what she had to say. Don't recall her voice... Obviously, I do not like Ben Shapiro, so was surprised to see she was part of his media entity. Gross.

I tune in basically for SU. As far as other teams / players go, UConn has always been a draw to see how good they were, Tennessee, BC at one point maybe? SC was a draw for the same reason, and CC for her skill level. Not her antics, but her skill.

I was already aware that Reese did this kind of stuff b/c it was all over social media. She talks about herself a lot. Speaking just for myself, I am not drawn to those antics. Disliked it with Reggie Miller. Exception for Eric Devendorf b/c he was at SU. People are making weird arguments like how the divisive moment / antic at the end is good for womens basketball. I don't think it is. We won't know until next year. Personally, I won't tune in for them. Again, I will watch SU, and some of CCs games. Like I tuned in to UConn for Breanna Stewart or Diana Taurasi, or whatever.

Other players on LSU had a greater contribution. Wish we were talking about them more.
Her dismissive attitude towards women’s basketball ”not that I’d ever watch it anyway” etc etc and her honest admission that she knew nothing about women’s basketball, sports made me question why she even bothered commenting on it then. I decided not to even waste my time listening to the rest of it, figuring why should I? So I admit that after about a minute or 2, I didn’t listen to her thoughts about a subject she didn’t know nor care about.

She is one of the few adults in this situation. She doesn’t care. She talks trash too. It didn’t bother her. It’s not a story.
The click masters and media race baiters have to keep stirring this up, at the expense of these 2 athletes. Shameful.
BTW - good for Angel Reese about the Whitehouse. If LSU had lost, NFW they get invited to the Whitehouse.

Nice shade tossing at some of us in this thread. Noted. Glad Clark spoke up. Reese went over the top, Clark handled it well and made it an overall positive to take the still discussed issue and elevate further but in a good way. Reese with a good response too... still arrogant but only in the context of the game.

Been saying it for years. Mulkey is bar-fly floozy trailer trash.
Christian Bale Oooo GIF

Nice shade tossing at some of us in this thread. Noted. Glad Clark spoke up. Reese went over the top, Clark handled it well and made it an overall positive to take the still discussed issue and elevate further but in a good way. Reese with a good response too... still arrogant but only in the context of the game.
I meant the talking heads

Her dismissive attitude towards women’s basketball ”not that I’d ever watch it anyway” etc etc and her honest admission that she knew nothing about women’s basketball, sports made me question why she even bothered commenting on it then. I decided not to even waste my time listening to the rest of it, figuring why should I? So I admit that after about a minute or 2, I didn’t listen to her thoughts about a subject she didn’t know nor care about.
My apologies.

I understand. I wasn't referring to that part of it, and hopefully didn't give the impression that I agreed with that part. I was referring specifically to the majority of the segment which discusses the incident. However, I completely understand why anyone would tune her out after what she said in the beginning. If you ignore that and jump into the breakdown of the incident, it is one of the better takes. Obviously, its confirmation bias.

Out of about 25 segments I have watched on this, there are only about 5 that aren't ridiculous. And its a low standard. Just looking for anyone that admits any combination of a) the 2 gestures are not the same, b) that it is in poor taste to taunt someone after a game, and c) to taunt someone that has not taunted you. Extra points if they speculate that perhaps she was just mad at all the attention she gets.

The majority are like 'its the exact same' and 'she dished it out, so she has to take it', etc.

These antics have become the story, and I could see them even becoming a marketing campaign in any potential rematch next year. Don't think that is good for women's hoops, which is clearly in a good place, in large part because of CC.

I didn't know where else to put this but it's on my mind and I have nobody irl to say it to: Man, I love watching Kelsey Plum play. I have since she was at Washington.

I'm not going to pretend I watch much women's hoop outside of March Madness/WNBA playoffs/UMass when they're good but she is just awesome. Such a good modern point guard and just really crafty. It pains me that I have money on the Liberty because I can't help but root for her when I watch.

I didn't know where else to put this but it's on my mind and I have nobody irl to say it to: Man, I love watching Kelsey Plum play. I have since she was at Washington.

I'm not going to pretend I watch much women's hoop outside of March Madness/WNBA playoffs/UMass when they're good but she is just awesome. Such a good modern point guard and just really crafty. It pains me that I have money on the Liberty because I can't help but root for her when I watch.
I'll have to check her out.

I like watching women's sports because they often display a greater respect for fundamentals. Like with women's lacrosse, its fun to watch the off ball movement.

Status
Not open for further replies.