Women’s F4/Caitlin Clark | Page 17 | Syracusefan.com

Women’s F4/Caitlin Clark

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m cracking up at people who watched their first women’s basketball game this weekend freaking about Reese.

It’s nothing new and she doesn’t care. Hate it if you want, but you gotta get over it, lol.

I mean yeah she has. The post game stuff after you just won a title though and following Clark around ? That's garbage... and fair game for criticism.

I mean yeah she has. The post game stuff after you just won a title though and following Clark around ? That's garbage... and fair game for criticism.
It was definitely way extra.

But…she’s been extra. Criticism - I agree. Game is over, go celebrate your title and don’t worry about the other team. All the same, it doesn’t really affect anything.

Also, I’d like to see a Venn Diagram of b-ball fans who gripe about AAU “they’re all friends now” culture and talk about “back in my day the Lakers and Celtics, Bulls and Pistons hated each other”, that are mad about this.

The women's tournament is going to end up being better than the men's by quite a large margin.
The men's tournament has had several great games. I think it's been excellent. None of us like that UConn has been rolling everybody but other than that it's been wild, unpredictable and highly entertaining. Reality is I'm not sure many tuned into the women until the F4.

It was definitely way extra.

But…she’s been extra. Criticism - I agree. Game is over, go celebrate your title and don’t worry about the other team. All the same, it doesn’t really affect anything.

Also, I’d like to see a Venn Diagram of b-ball fans who gripe about AAU “they’re all friends now” culture and talk about “back in my day the Lakers and Celtics, Bulls and Pistons hated each other”, that are mad about this.

No idea on the hypocrisy on the topic. I'll say as an athlete - and a shorter one I enjoyed the art of trash talking. Also enjoyed the spirit of it ending when the whistle blows and keeping it local vs a bigger deal.

I don't like the excessive crap and have been a part of of in two different sports on the receiving end.

As for Reese.. the cherry on top is the whining about being disrespected as an excuse to the action. She's been that way all year. Be you or don't but trying to qualify it then going stupid on social media .. no. That's crap. It's also a poor read of the room.

Right now it's nothing but people at each other's throats over idiotic crap. So don't gas light for others and your own good. Also I would have no issue with Reese calling out Clark if something happened on the court- if it did then that's a different story. Not sure we know the answer to that. As for big picture mad? No- just think it was stupid and unnecessary and takes away from an awesome tourney just a little bit.

I'm sure it won't be news anymore in 3 days.

The men's tournament has had several great games. I think it's been excellent. None of us like that UConn has been rolling everybody but other than that it's been wild, unpredictable and highly entertaining. Reality is I'm not sure many tuned into the women until the F4.
I disagree. The lack of skill in the men's game made it a chore to watch. The women presented a nice change of pace.

I disagree. The lack of skill in the men's game made it a chore to watch. The women presented a nice change of pace.
Give me an honest answer. How many women's games did u watch in the first two rounds? Cuz there were some tremendous games in the men's tournament in those first two rounds.

Give me an honest answer. How many women's games did u watch in the first two rounds? Cuz there were some tremendous games in the men's tournament in those first two rounds.

Yeah first two rounds absolutely had some awesome games.

Side note: I listened to about 20 seconds of the Taurasi and Bird 'take' on the game. They were talking to Chris Paul about something different as the game was being played. Pretty lame concept. Curious how many tuned into that.

Getting out of control. Can you imagine if the Reese/Clark thing is reenacted with guys. Probably would set off a brawl.
Imagine if Magic had done this to Bird, followed him around for 10 seconds taunting him post game? Imagine if Isaiah had done it to Jordan, etc. Fists would be flying .8 seconds into it.

imo Clark’s throwing a bone here.

Thought Clark’s antics earlier in the tournament were showboaty and lame… but she is by far the best player in the field and didnt go over the top.

Reese went over board and then some, then caught all the unintended flack for it. Do stupid things, win stupid prizes.

No one will remember this in a week though

imo Clark’s throwing a bone here.

Thought Clark’s antics earlier in the tournament were showboaty and lame… but she is by far the best player in the field and didnt go over the top.

Reese went over board and then some, then caught all the unintended flack for it. Do stupid things, win stupid prizes.

No one will remember this in a week though
This is such a weird story.

Curious why Clark would throw Reese a bone, if Reese hadn't specifically asked for it. And, as far as I can tell, Reese is not asking for it, and is in fact relishing in what she did. And, if social media comments count as a vote of approval, Reese has all the approval she needs (from certain people).

I do not get it.

This is such a weird story.

Curious why Clark would throw Reese a bone, if Reese hadn't specifically asked for it. And, as far as I can tell, Reese is not asking for it, and is in fact relishing in what she did. And, if social media comments count as a vote of approval, Reese has all the approval she needs (from certain people).

I do not get it.
I think Caitlin is simply taking the high road and doesn't want to get in a whole back and forth.

I think Caitlin is simply taking the high road and doesn't want to get in a whole back and forth.
Just sorta taking the high road on her own, without prompting or off a request from Reese? Basically, not wanting to talk about it further? I can get that. Makes some sense.

Still, its just such a weird story. And, the logical fallacies in some of the arguments are driving me nuts.

She is one of the few adults in this situation. She doesn’t care. She talks trash too. It didn’t bother her. It’s not a story.
The click masters and media race baiters have to keep stirring this up, at the expense of these 2 athletes. Shameful.
BTW - good for Angel Reese about the Whitehouse. If LSU had lost, NFW they get invited to the Whitehouse.

She is one of the few adults in this situation. She doesn’t care. She talks trash too. It didn’t bother her. It’s not a story.
The click masters and media race baiters have to keep stirring this up, at the expense of these 2 athletes. Shameful.
BTW - good for Angel Reese about the Whitehouse. If LSU had lost, NFW they get invited to the Whitehouse.
I looked for and watched 4-5 different segments on it from different sports media sources, many with a panel. So, listened to about 20 sports journos speak about it. Only 2-3 had an opinion that made sense to me. The vast majority were off-base.

This guy last name 'Torres' was pretty good, and JWill (from Duke fame) as well.

I heard one guy basically argue that Reese did this to stick up for the SC player, and a Louisville player, bc those players 'looked like her', but then added that it was definitely not about race. It was only about race when referring to the old white dudes opinions, which Holly Rowe was happy to say over and over.

And the people saying CCs .5 second in-game 'you cannot see me' to a player that had actually taunted her all game was the exact same thing as Reese's stalking and taunting a player that had not taunted her for 2 seconds in game and 10 seconds post game. Its not. Only a couple journos acknowledge that.

Reese was doing the you cannot see me and pointing to her ring finger in the victory parade. She is relishing in it, which makes CC throwing her a bone a bit weird. But, I get wanting to move on from the topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.