Women’s F4/Caitlin Clark | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Women’s F4/Caitlin Clark

Status
Not open for further replies.
Staley was brain dead at the end of the game. How do you allow Clark to catch the ball on three straight inbound situations? You double or triple Clarke so you can foul someone else. Really poor coaching. Clark made six straight foul shots. With all South Carolina’s size, they still allowed straight line drives to the basket for Clarke. Iowa is the type of team you play a box and one defense and if you have to, put the box on Clark. I didn’t see the entire game, so maybe they tried doubling or going box and one, but SC was not smart down the stretch. On another note, Cardozo would look really good at SU.

If you were to draft players from these two teams for pickup, after Clark would go#1, I’m not sure when the next Iowa player would be selected. Legitimately.
True but very good team players with chemistry who understand and execute in their roles can beat talent and experience. We’ve seen that with Kentucky, Duke etc in the men’s game and even in this year’s NCAA’s.

Was surprised to see South Carolina being so poor defensively against the pick and roll. Caitlin and Iowa’s center really picked SC apart. I’m more impressed with Clark’s knowledge of the game, directing the offense and her passing - wow.

Ha we literally were saying their eyelashes are bigger than they were! And them was some big tall girls.
Iowa’s women were fundamentally sound. SC shot only 9 for 13 from the free throw line. Iowa was 14-14 and many of those free throws were called only because SC was forced to foul them at the end of the game. If SC had made their free throws opportunities earlier in the game, it could have been a different outcome. Thankful it wasn’t.

Kamilla Cardoso #10 for South Carolina, the tallest woman on the court at 6’7” (pink sneakers) transferred from SU after being named ACC freshman of the year.

Ha we literally were saying their eyelashes are bigger than they were! And them was some big tall girls.

Welcome to watching women's hoops :). There many taller ladies that play ( not 6-7 of course but plenty 6-2 to 6-4. Even at the HS level. My old HS girls team made the state semis- it's a rural school and yet they have great heigh with that team even.

No finer of example of a coach having no idea what to do once they decided to do everything they could to take away the huge size advantage. She allowed her bigs to be abused on D and on offense only the 30 or offensive rebound kept them in the game.

Iowa played a team and stuck to the game plan and SC never adjusted on both sides of the court to it.

Great for me since I took Iowa early on the ML once I saw SC had no adjustments in thier bag of tricks..

Holy crap!! Clark is just ridiculous.

That’s like Larry Bird levels of carrying a team to the Finals.

SC was playing really good D against her, and she still abused them, early and often.

I was giggling at times watching that highlight reel, it was such a magnificent performance for the ages.

42 game winning streak, lose 1 to a generational talent, and the coach gets picked apart. Lol.
as she should because as good as clark was she did almost nothing to try and limit her or the offense Iowa was running. and on offense they did nothing when a team was ignoring often 2 players at the same time.

E50F2BA4-AFEF-4E1C-8506-42FE221D9353.jpeg

42 game winning streak, lose 1 to a generational talent, and the coach gets picked apart. Lol.
Agree but think SC has 4 or 5 eventual first round draft picks and 3 ladies going top 10 this year?

If that group didn’t have a ring from last year to show for it the coach is in line for a ton of heat. They need to get more from Boston when Clark was going crazy but the coach sat her on the bench with 3 for way too long.

I live 90 miles from campus in SE Iowa and my triplets were born at the hospital in Iowa City. We were all hoping for a win but not sure it was gonna happen either. Iowa pretty much led from start to finish. Unfortunately they canceled the stuff going on at Carver due to the storm which turns out to be a good call with a couple tornado's reportedly touching down. We still did our fair share of yelling and cheering!
I live in the Iowa City area and work for the University. She is unbelievable!

She is incredible, she reminds me of when I first started watching Lebron, they just play a different game than anyone else. If you don’t enjoy watching her play then you don’t really like the sport.

Her pace, change of pace and the speed she gets her shot off as well as a pass off is the first women's player I've seen do it as well as you see in the men's game. Guarantee she's held her own in more than a few high level coed pickup games.

Her pace, change of pace and the speed she gets her shot off as well as a pass off is the first women's player I've seen do it as well as you see in the men's game. Guarantee she's held her own in more than a few high level coed pickup games.
Don’t know why they moved this post, not as many people visit this forum and I wish more people would learn about her.

This run reminds me of what Larry Bird did with Indiana State back in what, 1979. Pretty much single handedly leading a team to the NC game. Hope she can finish the job.

Thought this was Bird-like too….

I’m pretty sure though that same SC Raven Johnson, just a bench player as a freshman, made 3 three pointers all in the second half helping lead SC’s charge back. First half, Clark dismissed her, she couldn’t though in the 2nd half. She ended up scoring 13 points with 3 steals. Worked for the first half though helping give Iowa the lead.

Clark is so special on the offensive end, I was surprised that she took the youngest, smallest player on the defensive end (Johnson is only 5’8”while Caitlin is 6’ tall). Ended up being good strategy in the 1st half though. I like Iowa’s coach who was able to surround Caitlin with such good disciplined, unselfish role players and utilizing a great winning strategy against more talented, physical, stacked opponents. Special too that Caitlin stayed home in Iowa had faith in herself and her coach instead of going to a UConn, SC, UND etc.

I’m pretty sure though that same SC Raven Johnson, just a bench player as a freshman, made 3 three pointers all in the second half helping lead SC’s charge back. First half, Clark dismissed her, she couldn’t though in the 2nd half. She ended up scoring 13 points with 3 steals. Worked for the first half though helping give Iowa the lead.

Clark is so special on the offensive end, I was surprised that she took the youngest, smallest player on the defensive end (Johnson is only 5’2” while Caitlin is 6’ tall). Ended up being good strategy in the 1st half though. I like Iowa’s coach who was able to surround Caitlin with such good disciplined, unselfish role players and utilizing a great winning strategy against more talented, physical, stacked opponents. Special too that Caitlin stayed home in Iowa had faith in herself and her coach instead of going to a UConn, SC, UND etc.

Johnson came in shooting 24 pct from 3...so at least in the scouting report it was a good gamble. Given the dominance of SC can't blame them(Iowa) for doing anything and everything defensively to prevent giving up easy buckets inside.

On the year as well on 20 pct of SCs total shot attempts were from 3 and as a team they only shoot it at 31.2 pct.

Status
Not open for further replies.