Womens NCAAT | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Womens NCAAT

Some good games coming up. Uconn Stanford is gonna be fire Beuckers vs Brink.

I will always love mens tournament first weekend but when Syracuse isn’t playing I don’t enjoy the later rounds of mens. I do enjoy the ladies. That NC state uconn came was great.

But I can’t enjoy the mens games I don’t like Duke UNC Kansas or nova.

Very exciting to be bringing FLJ home and get the ladies program rolling.

It may be blasphemous, but I enjoy watching UCONN women play. I appreciate greatness, especially sustained greatness.

It may be blasphemous, but I enjoy watching UCONN women play. I appreciate greatness, especially sustained greatness.
This is when I announce my support for Tara VanDerveer and Stanford as she attended the same school as me in the Albany area, although six years before me.

This is when I announce my support for Tara VanDerveer and Stanford as she attended the same school as me in the Albany area, although six years before me.
Another. Muffett's ND teams and Pat's Vols were fun to watch as well. (I will admit to a little Skylar Diggins bias with ND. Call me a cad.)

Emily was fun to watch. She was struggling to score, but her defense was a key and also her feeding teammates. Lots of steals, and shots made at key times at the end. The game before I think she was the high scorer. I don't know if we posted, but she announced today she is declaring for the WNBA draft. I have to get used to this new "solo" format.

Emily was fun to watch. She was struggling to score, but her defense was a key and also her feeding teammates. Lots of steals, and shots made at key times at the end. The game before I think she was the high scorer. I don't know if we posted, but she announced today she is declaring for the WNBA draft. I have to get used to this new "solo" format.
Emily is by far the best player on that team even though the play by play people talk about Van Lift all the time.
Emily is the type of player who does all the little things that win championships.

They put a misleading graphic on her up early in the second half tonight. Two columns--one showed her stats as a frosh, the other this season. Then they said she had made the great improvement after transferring to Louisville. I'm fairly sure she is getting better coaching this year, but anyone who has followed SU women's hoops at all knows she made the leap forward her junior year. She was terrific (if under-utilized) during her junior season playing for the Orange.
Never understood why Q didn't start her. What a waste of talent, glad to have the Q era in the past

Louisville Coach on Packer & Durham show today said really nice things about Emily.

Never understood why Q didn't start her. What a waste of talent, glad to have the Q era in the past
He had her come off the bench her junior year, the year she really became visibly more conditioned. Was he trying to ease her anxiety etc, being unfairly punitive or was there some other issue, we’ll probably never know. Happy that she’s happy.

He had her come off the bench her junior year, the year she really became visibly more conditioned. Was he trying to ease her anxiety etc, being unfairly punitive or was there some other issue, we’ll probably never know. Happy that she’s happy.
She definitely had a temper and attitude. When she came back in great condition her junior year it made no sense to me that she was 2nd string. Like you said, we'll never know. As much as I dislike Louisville I hope they're able to win it all this year because of Emily, and another UConn win just makes women's bball boring. It's difficult to have the average fan invest in a game when 1 team always wins the prize.

Some good games coming up. Uconn Stanford is gonna be fire Beuckers vs Brink.

I will always love mens tournament first weekend but when Syracuse isn’t playing I don’t enjoy the later rounds of mens. I do enjoy the ladies. That NC state uconn came was great.

But I can’t enjoy the mens games I don’t like Duke UNC Kansas or nova.

Very exciting to be bringing FLJ home and get the ladies program rolling.
Im actually looking forward to the matchup between Bueckers and Hull. From what i've seen of Stamford Hull is tenacious and will probably try taking it to Bueckers on the defensive side.

Hopefully Brink can stay out of foul trouble to help negate Uconns size inside.

She definitely had a temper and attitude. When she came back in great condition her junior year it made no sense to me that she was 2nd string. Like you said, we'll never know. As much as I dislike Louisville I hope they're able to win it all this year because of Emily, and another UConn win just makes women's bball boring. It's difficult to have the average fan invest in a game when 1 team always wins the prize.
I saw an interview with Auriemma (not sure when it was conducted). He was trying to push back on the criticism that talent in the women's game is too concentrated. He said (paraphrasing) "The critics complain that we get all the good players. But we don't. We only get 2 or 3 top players each year."

My reaction--if you get 2 or 3 each year, that means that over the course of a 4-year cycle--no one-and-dones in the women's game (yet)--UConn amasses 10 McD AA's. Add in the handful of other programs that are roughly comparable to the Huskies, and that doesn't leave much for the other 350 teams.

Any predictions on the the semi's tonight? I'm anticipating 2 highly competitive games, SC v Lville game, I can't decide who I want to win and the other is easy, I'll never cheer for UConn.

Any predictions on the the semi's tonight? I'm anticipating 2 highly competitive games, SC v Lville game, I can't decide who I want to win and the other is easy, I'll never cheer for UConn.
Im going So Car and Stanford, think that Uconn/Stanford game is going to be a toss up but really would rather not have too see Uconn win.

Agree, as long as it’s not UConn. Two of our former players playing in one of tonight’s game makes it interesting though.

Yeeeshh Cardoso 0pts 1 reb. I kinda wish she picked a team with a better chance at playing. I get playing for Dawn is amazing and all but...

Yeeeshh Cardoso 0pts 1 reb. I kinda wish she picked a team with a better chance at playing. I get playing for Dawn is amazing and all but...
Actually she should have joined Emily at Louisville. She would have been starting, and this would have been a different game.

Wish Cardoso was still here- quite a solid base building block to rejuvenate the program. She should be starting somewhere (wish it was SU). No way she’s going to get huge minutes sitting behind Aliyah Boston who’s just finishing up her junior year. Kamilla’s too talented to just be an insurance player in case of injury, to give Boston etc a breather and could be a difference maker for so many teams,

Actually she should have joined Emily at Louisville. She would have been starting, and this would have been a different game.
You’re right she could have really helped them - they had no way of slowing down South Carolina’s Boston. Not sad though that we don’t have to play against her in the ACC for 3 years.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom