Word leaking out that Doug is staying... | Page 10 | Syracusefan.com

Word leaking out that Doug is staying...

Really? Buffalo is interviewing Mike McCoy and Lovie Smith this weekend.

Retreads versus offensive minded, highly productive NFL & college offensives with proven ability to rebuild a program and ability to spot talent where others don't see it (NO didn't have the biggest oline from the top college programs but highly productive offenses) and top flight recommendations. He took a 10-38 team, basically same talent to the next level at 25-25. Upward trajectory.

What does mike & lovie offer but retreading?

Retreads versus offensive minded, highly productive NFL & college offensives with proven ability to rebuild a program and ability to spot talent where others don't see it (NO didn't have the biggest oline from the top college programs but highly productive offenses) and top flight recommendations. He took a 10-38 team, basically same talent to the next level at 25-25. Upward trajectory.

Lovie Smith isnt a retread, hes a good coach who ended up getting fired because Minnesota beat Green Bay.

Chakka is not wrong...he is never wrong...he is an insider!

Sent from Kindle Fire HD

Bees can you PM AirforceOrange to stop stauking me on all my posts - I don't do it to others if I disagree with people on this forum. Thamks.

Bees can you PM AirforceOrange to stop stauking me on all my posts - I don't do it to others if I disagree with people on this forum. Thamks.

Freedom of speech brother...

Sent from Kindle Fire HD

Sounds like you're Marrone's agent, and you're trying to convince the Bills to hire your client by knocking the competition.

I'm sorry, I know we're all worked up over this, but did you just tell mom on him? Really?

I'm sorry, I know we're all worked up over this, but did you just tell mom on him? Really?

Careful...you might be recommended for a PM too...

Sent from Kindle Fire HD

Lovie Smith isnt a retread, hes a good coach who ended up getting fired because Minnesota beat Green Bay.

Yeah I agree he got the shaft but are the Bills Lovie's first choice? I know the structural changes make the Bills job much less toxic and much more attractive than it currently is.

Yeah I agree he got the shaft but are the Bills Lovie's first choice? I know the structural changes make the Bills job much less toxic and much more attractive than it currently is.
Word is that Lovie contacted Buffalo. I think he sees alot of potential with the defense, I dont know the exact quote but Lovie himself was said to be "intrigued" by the Bills HC position.

Word is that Lovie contacted Buffalo. I think he sees alot of potential with the defense, I dont know the exact quote but Lovie himself was said to be "intrigued" by the Bills HC position.

Could see Lovie there...not as high a profile job...less media...

Sent from Kindle Fire HD

Mike McCoy is hardly a retread either. He's 40 years old, and he's the "hot" up and coming OC this season. Spent 9 years as an offensive assistant with Carolina, and the last 3 with Denver.

Lovie has been to a Super Bowl and an NFC championship game(just a few years ago) and went 10-6 this year. You can't really compare Marrone's accomplishments to his.

Dave Wannstedt, Chan Gailey, Norv Turner...those are retreads. Lovie is a good coach.

I never like bullies whether in person or on the Internet - not much of a difference either way - I usually don't respond to bullies either.

Look people - no doubt I would love for DM to stay, Orange football to win a NC, and Rutgers to lose every game it plays. I am just conveying info that was disclosed to me.

It's not 100% the truth, only bits and pieces because everyone has a different perspective and different picture window that they are looking out of.

The only person that knows 100% the truth is DM - and no one has heard from him since the bball game on the 31st.

I have no idea what to think but there really seems to be little if any mention of Doug anywhere seems like he is not really in much of the discussion or am I missing something?

LOL understatement there...What suddenly unemployed FB coach wouldn't be interested in getting hired again for a couple years at $3M per year. ;)

Well Chip Kelly just wrapped up a 7 hour meeting with Cleveland BUT is still meeting with Buffalo tonight and Philly tomorrow according to Schefter, Browns favored at this point.

Also read a tweet from WGR that Cleveland fans are furious if Kelly is signed...they want Whisenhunt...? Uh ok..

LOL understatement there...What suddenly unemployed FB coach wouldn't be interested in getting hired again for a couple years at $3M per year. ;)
I guess im just shocked to see a big name coach actually contact Buffalo lol. Usually its Buffalo contacting the big name coach and the big name coach waiting for other offers then sitting out a year haha.

Wonder if Doug is going show the Bills his binder?

My Syracuse Orange Binder Buffalo Bills Binder

by Doug Marrone

I wish Doug well but hopefully he back on our sideline with better institutional support in 48 hours.

Mike McCoy is hardly a retread either. He's 40 years old, and he's the "hot" up and coming OC this season. Spent 9 years as an offensive assistant with Carolina, and the last 3 with Denver.

My bad yes you are right I was thinking of someone else. But does he have HC experience rebuilding a football program? The only thing in the way for DM for him to overcome is a perception of a 25-25 record over 4 years - or 3 years at 21-17 with 2 bowl wins with the last year producing almost 500 yards of offense per game? It's all about perspective.

It doesnt sound like Doug is going to get any momentum until some of the bigger names are signed. If he truly wants to explore all his options he could very well destroy this recruiting class. Reid is off the board, Kelly is being wined and dined, but other than that no movement. At the least Lovie, McCoy, Whisenhunt are all going to be interviewed and looked at before Marrone.

It doesnt sound like Doug is going to get any momentum until some of the bigger names are signed. If he truly wants to explore all his options he could very well destroy this recruiting class. Reid is off the board, Kelly is being wined and dined, but other than that no movement. At the least Lovie, McCoy, Whisenhunt are all going to be interviewed and looked at before Marrone.
I agree...his assistant coaches are surely fielding lots of calls from concerned parents and recruits.

A couple more dominos need to fall first...HCDM may not like what is left over...

Sent from Kindle Fire HD

Been a long time since I cared about these things. What kind of timeframe are we looking at? Will we know if Doug is staying by Monday?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom