Word leaking out that Doug is staying... | Page 12 | Syracusefan.com

Word leaking out that Doug is staying...

This is all second hand but from a good friend who as always been very honest. My friend is close to one of the current players mother. According to her the players are all very nervous that Marrone is going to leave. She feels the reasons are things that have been promised to Marrone have not been delivered and he is very frustrated. All of this is not news, I know. The most important thing that she said is that her son and the other players will welcome Marrone back with open arms. She believes the players are saddened by the NFL discussions but REALLY like Marrone and the current staff and think they have a great chance to compete for a BCS bowl NEXT year if everyone comes back.
would the players be happy with a current coach being promoted to HC?

one more year aint worth it -

if he looks like a short term guy no recruits will touch him-

find a guy who wants to be here-

the long drag out isnt very good , kids are getting a earful from other schools that even the biggest bologna marroney fans can agree-

when you interview at every open job its a sure sign you dont want the one you have- if he interviewed at 1-2 nfl teams is one thing-to go to every opening shows you have no respect for the position you have now -

8-5 and not a peep.

And so what if recruits walk, Marrone sucks at recruiting, doesn't he?
That's what you've said, over and over again.

Anybody they get should be able to sign a better class in a month considering how awful he is.

the long drag out isnt very good , kids are getting a earful from other schools that even the biggest bologna marroney fans can agree-

when you interview at every open job its a sure sign you dont want the one you have- if he interviewed at 1-2 nfl teams is one thing-to go to every opening shows you have no respect for the position you have now -

Since you're in support of preemptive firing, everyone here now knows it's the stupidest idea possible.

You couldn't have been more wrong about this year, this coach, and the players on this team.

Clown.

What I don't get is the lack of respect people have for DM. How many people even get a chance to interview for a NFL HC job?

But I do agree this needs to end soon one way or another.

Since you're in support of preemptive firing, everyone here now knows it's the stupidest idea possible.

You couldn't have been more wrong about this year, this coach, and the players on this team.

Clown.
Go if you are the AD how long would you provide Doug before telling him that he has to make a decision to either stay or leave?

No, I am not suggesting we fire Marrone. I hope Doug stays. I hope he chooses to spend a fairly healthy portion of his career here in Orange. I hope his kids go to school here. I hope his family is comfortable here and he doesn't want to leave. However, my concern for Syracuse University is paramount over Doug Marrone.

We will soon reach the "stuff or get off the pot" moment with Doug. The school is being very fair in their treatment of DM. They are giving him space to do his work. He's done his interviews and should have a very accurate idea of where he stands with each team.

If IF IF we need to hire a new coach, that coach will need as much time as possible to evaluate his staff and catch up on recruiting.

Here's an assignment for you 44.

Find us a coach who will do a great job at SU but who will never be considered for a job at a bigger time program or an NFL gig.

Go if you are the AD how long would you provide Doug before telling him that he has to make a decision to either stay or leave?
What difference does another week make? The same candidates are going to be available next week. National signing day is not for another month. If we get a new coach that comes from outside the current staff they are going to have a hard time signing a good class if the they 30 days or 1 day to do it. Let this play out, it will be over soon enough. I know in this day of twitter and the internet everyone wants instant gratification, but please guys lets have a little more patience.

What do you mean? ...he DID only interview with 1-2 teams, and not every opening. Even so, you can't blame the guy for talking to NFL teams when he clearly is wanted there, and his current job is not delivering things he was promised, and has been underpaid all 4 years he's been here

Utter nonsense powered by emotion not logic.

Having your coach considered for a NFL head coaching job indicates that they think he has done a good job at SU.

Nothing is dragging out. It's how long the NFL hiring process takes.

What's so hard to understand? All the bozo's here want it done in their time frame, not Marrone's, the pro team's, or the University's. They are nervous and want it settled pronto. Some of these same idiots are the same type of people that had a hand in this coming about...

Also interviewed for a college job.

What do you mean? ...he DID only interview with 1-2 teams, and not every opening. Even so, you can't blame the guy for talking to NFL teams when he clearly is wanted there, and his current job is not delivering things he was promised, and has been underpaid all 4 years he's been here

This will be resolved in a matter of days. People need to calm the f' down.

A rash decision crushed this program.

If Gross is at all capable he has had a candidate list in his desk ready to go for at least a year and has started to work it. I have no idea if Hackett or Shafer are ready, but at a minimum you have to think one of them is a fall back. You don't just make a hire to make a hire, if you can't get a guy you really want, then continuity wins.

Oregon already knows it's promoting their OC if Kelly leaves.

Somebody start a "Word is leaking out Marrone is leaving" thread.

Buffalo would be a nice fit for Marrone and if he got them to use their own 90's offense with his own tweaks and got a solid DC, they would be making the best coaching move since Levy. I really hope they continue to be foolish in their choices though instead even though I think Lovie would be a very good choice as well, the players love playing for him.

What's so hard to understand? All the bozo's here want it done in their time frame, not Marrone's, the pro team's, or the University's. They are nervous and want it settled pronto. Some of these same idiots are the same type of people that had a hand in this coming about...
Blaming the fans to the extent we do is ridiculous imo. The end of year 3 and the beginning of year 4 killed any momentum DM had. GUARANTEE you that we get some serious fan support this year coming off an 8-5 season, exciting brand of football, playing ACC opponents etc. If DM doesnt want to stick around to see that, fine, but lets not act like losing every home game to end year 3, missing a bowl, and playing the most undisciplined football ever to start year 4 didnt stunt the momentum. If we didnt turn it around alot of these people who are begging him to come back would want him fired and probably with good reason, but he did turn it around and we see so much momentum and potential. That momentum and potential with DM growing as a coach with very good coordinators around him is evident for the first time in the DM era. Even after the first Pinstripe win we knew we were losing ALOT, we now have a system and a vision of what we can be as a football team. I hope DM stays and I hope we give him the fan support he earned, and I really hope the University provides him with whatever he feels he needs to succeed here but lets not act like we havent had some growing pains with DM to get to where we are now. He finally has the fans behind him and they will show up next year, will DM?

There's a lot of blame to go around for everyone involved in the SU football program. If you care about the program, try to go, if you have extra money donate, when the kids come running out of the tunnel don't be outside of the Dome so all they see is silver.

Here's an assignment for you 44.

Find us a coach who will do a great job at SU but who will never be considered for a job at a bigger time program or an NFL gig.

What in the hell does that have to do with anything?

I'm not saying Marrone should be fired. I...HOPE...MARRONE...STAYS. Is that clear enough? But for the sake of the program, its players, its coaches and its recruits, SU needs to be proactive so they may move as fast as possible if he does leave.

Why is it ok for Marrone to look for a NFL job...but its "disrespectful" if the University practively searches for his replacement? Marrone is doing what is right for himself. Why is it wrong for the University to do the same?

Wisconsin.
Where did you hear this? Was this a situation where they "considered" him, or did Doug actually interview?

Because if that's the case, hell I think Syracuse should consider Nick Saban.

guy doesnt want to be here- why do so many want him if he doesnt want to be here?

got guys saying let the process drag out for the next 3 weeks and see what happens-lol

yup just sit back and wait- that always works out the best

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom